• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The fact that you listed McDonald's concerns me.

Go with ramen :yoshi:
You know? My first two years in Japan I avoided McDonald’s like the plague. But then it become something strangely....familiar to me. Like an old friend visiting from my home country. Now it’s kind of like comfort food whenever I get the “I’m kind of tired of rice and fish”.

Going to McDonalds in Japan is a sure way to meet another foreigner whose been here for quite some time. We kind of gravitate to it.

And Japan McDonalds isn’t too bad either. They are a notch above the stuff they have in the States.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, it decides what colour the universe will be
I know beige isn't the most exciting colour for most people but I like the cosmic latte we have right now.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah, it decides what colour the universe will be
It’ll determine if Interplanet Janet gives Earth a fair chance.

For the confused:

“Earth looked exciting, kinda green and inviting so Janet thought she’d give it a go.
But the creatures on that planet looked so very weird to Janet she didn’t even dare to say hello.”

Maybe a second chance would work?

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I got caught up with the whole situation from DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon . I was ****ed up this morning, but now my mind is like, going in orbit right now, trying to understand all of it.

Just know Noipoi Noipoi @ShinyLegendary that I'm extremely sorry about all this and you both got my support from here, you already know it. I don't understand why this has to happen to some of the memorable people on the site.

Oh, I'll also say this.

Making fun of a pedophile shouldn't get you ganked at all, so good job SmashBoards staff. You really done good this time. I ain't even gonna link or say anything on that matter either, I'm just really damn irritated and disappointed in y'all.

**** ain't even about Faygo, it's the goddamn principle.

That's all.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Bruh, have you tried the Teriyaki McBurger?
I tried lots of things from McDonald's over the years. They might very in tastes but the effect is still the same. I feel empty after having it.

Plus I believe that's not available in the States.

You know? My first two years in Japan I avoided McDonald’s like the plague. But then it become something strangely....familiar to me. Like an old friend visiting from my home country. Now it’s kind of like comfort food whenever I get the “I’m kind of tired of rice and fish”.

Going to McDonalds in Japan is a sure way to meet another foreigner whose been here for quite some time. We kind of gravitate to it.

And Japan McDonalds isn’t too bad either. They are a notch above the stuff they have in the States.
I guess that's fair. If you say Japan MD is better than the States, I believe ya :yoshi:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I've been trying to type something meaningful or profound for around 50 minutes, but I just can't. Jesus, I was a minor when I joined Smashboards over 5 years ago.

I feel so powerless and defeated. I just want for you all to know, despite not being the most talkative person here, I care for y’all and it tears me up that this has happened on a place I thought was safe.

Also damn it, one of my favorite Pokémon is forever going to be tainted from now on.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh, I'll also say this.

Making fun of a pedophile shouldn't get you ganked at all, so good job SmashBoards staff. You really done good this time. I ain't even gonna link or say anything on that matter either, I'm just really damn irritated and disappointed in y'all.

That's all.
I mean this sincerely:

Tell the admins how you feel directly through Forum Support. This isn't a "take it there and shutup" post. I mean that it's genuinely the best way to tell them exactly how you feel about things like this. If you're against what's going on, this is effectively the Smashboards equivalent of calling your senator or whatever. It really is the best method to make sure your opinion is heard for the future.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Doo-Doo Doo Doo Doo~

I'm lovin' it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I tried lots of things from McDonald's over the years. They might very in tastes but the effect is still the same. I feel empty after having it.

Plus I believe that's not available in the States.

I guess that's fair. If you say Japan MD is better than the States, I believe ya :yoshi:
When I visited Japan, going to chain restaurants available at home was something I wouldn't have bothered doing. It was just at the suggestion of a friend who'd been multiple times to try the teriyaki food at McDonalds. It was actually alright. The chips were the exact same which was disappointing but the burger was great.

Now I wouldn't recommend going there frequently if you're just visiting. That's be a waste. Just one time to get one of their unique menu items would be alright.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Man, the **** you miss when you spend a good chunk of your day checking out the Jovian Concord update on Warframe. I kinda want a DM of those alts since I kinda found the story by going back several pages

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Doo-Doo Doo Doo Doo~

I'm lovin' it.

The other day, I was watching McDonald’s commercials (the ones staring Ronald, Hamburglar, Birdy, etc.). The funniest I found was Ronald’s Day, which was just pun after pun!

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
don'tcha hate it when a tragedy makes you forget to do the dishes for three hours?

I should take care of that
Don't feel bad. My brother didn't have any tragedy for two days and he still didn't do the dishes.

I do all the cooking. I ask for one thing.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I mean this sincerely:

Tell the admins how you feel directly through Forum Support. This isn't a "take it there and shutup" post. I mean that it's genuinely the best way to tell them exactly how you feel about things like this. If you're against what's going on, this is effectively the Smashboards equivalent of calling your senator or whatever. It really is the best method to make sure your opinion is heard for the future.
The last time I looked over my response to Forum Support I pretty much got half-assed responses. It already seems clear enough that area of the site isn't particularly useful in the first place, which again, not surprising considering you can't even see it. Only admins can.

Seriously, I am genuinely dumbfounded that for a rather big site that only a portion of the staff can see it, yet none others.

I vibe with you, Staind, I really do. But I just cannot help but be irritated, honestly.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also damn it, one of my favorite Pokémon is forever going to be tainted from now on.
Same.

I'm going to try to move past it and forget about it, because I love Breloom as a Pokémon.
---------------------------------
SneakyLink SneakyLink

I forgot to mention something I found out a few weeks ago.

Did you know part of the reason Eiichiro Oda created One Piece in the way it is is because of The Wizard of Oz?

The "Great Treasure One Piece" will be a physical, tangible thing, because he hated the ending of The Wizard of Oz.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Speaking of restaurants, is there a Wendy's in Japan?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When all your friends are still building with Mega Bloks™ but you already upgraded to the Legos™

View attachment 224132
I assume this is referring to the Duplo style Mega Bloks but my Mega Bloks are the Halo ones.

The Hayabusa spartan is just awesome to have.
The Pelican took me some time to build but it's really cool to have sitting on my desk.

Just wish I had the Mammoth.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Is there anything I can do to help bring the mood back up here?
I myself am trying to calm down now. It's hard, my mind is scrambled and I'm both tired and demotivated. So, let's have some laughs since that seems to be the best course of action right now. Have a stolen meme.
IMG_20190516_150113.jpg

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

That's all.
You seem to be under the impression that his status as a pedophile was known both
1. When those users made those posts
2. When the moderators infracted them

But it was not true in either case. And since the thread reopening, it has mostly been users flaming each other that has resulted in infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom