• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It is. Privacy of user content is vastly important for the site. Not even Administrators can view a PM itself unless invited.

Please show this to Forum Support instead. Or PM Strong Bad, as noted. That's just as useful in this situation.
Hey, I think I have some things to share regarding said culprit.

Mind if I can Dm you or anyone else involved?

Said person targeted others in a server of mines unfortanately. I am just as saddened by the news as the rest of you.

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
You seem to be under the impression that his status as a pedophile was known both
1. When those users made those posts
2. When the moderators infracted them

But it was not true in either case. And since the thread reopening, it has mostly been users flaming each other that has resulted in infractions.
In that case, I'm gonna need all the deets and receipts cause from what it looks like to everyone else, this doesn't seem to be the case.

To be clear, I really do mean the best of intentions, but I can't help but be rubbed the wrong way when I see this part of the situation.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The last time I looked over my response to Forum Support I pretty much got half-***** responses. It already seems clear enough that area of the site isn't particularly useful in the first place, which again, not surprising considering you can't even see it. Only admins can.

Seriously, I am genuinely dumbfounded that for a rather big site that only a portion of the staff can see it, yet none others.

I vibe with you, Staind, I really do. But I just cannot help but be irritated, honestly.
You should be irritated. Today has been irritating and infuriating and nauseating and I am mentally drained to the point that I feel physically drained too despite sitting in a chair all day. And I understand why you're upset regarding the site. I really do.

But the response you get isn't what's important. It's the fact that you're heard in an area where the people who ultimately guide the site have to hear you. And sometimes sheer numbers within the community can create change. So if you want something changed, this may not be the immediate satisfaction you need, but it is something. Each individual moderator or admin is only one voice. The entire community is a much louder voice. But it needs to be spoken where it's clearly heard by the people who need to hear it.

This place isn't perfect. But I want it to get close eventually. We have work to do.

KMDP

Smash Legend
You seem to be under the impression that his status as a pedophile was known both
1. When those users made those posts
2. When the moderators infracted them

But it was not true in either case. And since the thread reopening, it has mostly been users flaming each other that has resulted in infractions.
I said it a few hours ago and I'll say it again.

Being popular doesn't exempt you from Site Rules.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, I think I have some things to share regarding said culprit.

Mind if I can Dm you or anyone else involved?

Said person targeted others in a server of mines unfortanately. I am just as saddened by the news as the rest of you.
PM a mod or Forum Support. Any help is appreciated.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yo, I just caught wind of what's happened. Pardon me if it's a little serious, but to any victims, please don't feel bad about this. This has probably been said before, but Breloomer's actions are disgusting and do not reflect upon you negatively, nor should you feel bad.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
You should be irritated. Today has been irritating and infuriating and nauseating and I am mentally drained to the point that I feel physically drained too despite sitting in a chair all day. And I understand why you're upset regarding the site. I really do.

But the response you get isn't what's important. It's the fact that you're heard in an area where the people who ultimately guide the site have to hear you. And sometimes sheer numbers within the community can create change. So if you want something changed, this may not be the immediate satisfaction you need, but it is something. Each individual moderator or admin is only one voice. The entire community is a much louder voice. But it needs to be spoken where it's clearly heard by the people who need to hear it.

This place isn't perfect. But I want it to get close eventually. We have work to do.
The bolded part I specifically highlighted is something that I feel damn sure I ain't when it comes to reaching out to that part of the site, that's for sure. It dead ass feels like a battle worth winning nothing over.

I'm just upset about all of this and I just want things fixed, is all. Really. That's how I feel on that part.

I'm still reeling from this ****ing rollercoaster. I don't even know anymore, man.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Before I go, I'd like to share a poem I made for those affected by Brelooming, and to make up for my last poem which turned out to be for nothing. Here it is.

A bad thing has happened just now
How could it have slipped past us
It's hard to believe it has happened
By someone whom we put our trust

But the thing is to not give in
You must stay strong no matter what
You must pull through no matter how
Don't let evil hurt you in the gut

A new day is always ahead
You can heal from all these wounds
You can do it, you have to believe
Be the better and you'll make it soon

Never let the bad guy ever win
Just believe and you'll pull through
I say this as a friend to you
For I know that much is true

The bad guy is going to pay
And that much is always so good
Reach for the stars and aim so high
Just remain happy as you should

Wherever life will take you
You have the power to make it
You have the heart to do this
Don't ever fall, not even a bit

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Never use that ever.

He used it all the ****in' time. Just like Denko guy and that stupid ****in' hamster face.

Take this gif instead:
View attachment 224119
[screenshot]

Wait, so does that mean I was a target? He initiated the roleplay with *hug*, but he never continued.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Had to do a bunch of stuff but now I'm back. Lots of stuff for me to catch up to I guess but I'm just glad the situation hasn't gotten worse.
For now, I think the thread needs some positivity in here
20190523_232105.gif

So time for Ayano gifs to soothe the heart

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The bolded part I specifically highlighted is something that I feel damn sure I ain't when it comes to reaching out to that part of the site, that's for sure. It dead *** feels like a battle worth winning nothing over.

I'm just upset about all of this and I just want things fixed, is all. Really. That's how I feel on that part.

I'm still reeling from this ****ing rollercoaster. I don't even know anymore, man.
I really mean this wholeheartedly:

Same. ****ing. Here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
ugh, ****ing kill me. Ive never felt this dissapointed, angry, sick and dizzy all at the same time. I was gonna share my villager in the cat suit from Pocket camp from the event start starts at, like 2, but idk if I even feel like it anymore

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
ugh, ****ing kill me. Ive never felt this dissapointed, angry, sick and dizzy all at the same time. I was gonna share my villager in the cat suit from Pocket camp from the event start starts at, like 2, but idk if I even feel like it anymore
If you do, I'd like to see it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You're one of his victims? I am so sorry to hear that!
You're a victim too? I'm so sorry you had to go through that.
Not just me, a few other people as well in the same server. One of them being young as Shiny as well.

This is why I will propose a group DM since they need to know everything that happened.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In that case, I'm gonna need all the deets and receipts cause from what it looks like to everyone else, this doesn't seem to be the case.

To be clear, I really do mean the best of intentions, but I can't help but be rubbed the wrong way when I see this part of the situation.
This is simple to clear up; this morning it was revealed that Brelooming Disaster faked his own death. The thread became rather vicious, with users being very short with each other, so it was locked. A while later, the thread was unlocked, and some infractions were handed out a bit later. Perhaps an hour or two after that, it was revealed that Brelooming Disaster was likely much older than he claimed. Given other happenings that were entirely unknown to the staff until today, that makes him a pedophile. Very disgusting.

Last edited:

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
This is simple to clear up; this morning it was revealed that Brelooming Disaster faked his own death. The thread became rather vicious, with users being very short with each other, so it was locked. A while later, the thread was unlocked, and some infractions were handed out a bit later. Perhaps an hour or two after that, it was revealed that Brelooming Disaster was likely much older than he claimed. Given other happenings that were entirely unknown to the staff until today, that makes him a pedophile. Very disgusting.
Oh no, I know what happened this morning because ClaTheBae ClaTheBae got hit with the gank, which honestly, I don't agree with, but can see where the whole thing lies on with the rules and all. Really when that happened it was super ****ing circumstantially bad timing. I think you were there too, weren't you?

If anything we both agreed on that part at the least lol

I got caught up with the whole deal just now and only then just realized more people got ganked. Hopefully NOW you know where I'm coming from.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Its finally official then. I honestly wasn't too sure if I would be seeing it next week but now I can say that I will be. My dad, uncle and I. Thursday, May 30th at 7:20 PM for Godzilla: King of the Monsters!

I am ready! 5 years of waiting finally coming to an end! :grin:

It was really nice of my manager to let me go see it during a screening. We rearranged things, I'll be working a double shift next Friday. I also went out all this way not because I'm a Godzilla fan but because May 30th is my dad's birthday and I want to be there for him and taking him to see the movie is his birthday present from me. It couldn't be such perfect timing. My most anticipated film this year falling on my dad's birthday. ^_^

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh no, I know what happened this morning because ClaTheBae ClaTheBae got hit with the gank, which honestly, I don't agree with, but can see where the whole thing lies on with the rules and all. Really when that happened it was super ****ing circumstantially bad timing. I think you were there too, weren't you?

If anything we both agreed on that part at the least lol

I got caught up with the whole deal just now and only then just realized more people got ganked. Hopefully NOW you know where I'm coming from.
I know where you're coming from.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Its finally official then. I honestly wasn't too sure if I would be seeing it next week but now I can say that I will be. My dad, uncle and I. Thursday, May 30th at 7:20 PM for Godzilla: King of the Monsters!

I am ready! 5 years of waiting finally coming to an end! :grin:

It was really nice of my manager to let me go see it during a screening. We rearranged things, I'll be working a double shift next Friday. I also went out all this way not because I'm a Godzilla fan but because May 30th is my dad's birthday and I want to be there for him and taking him to see the movie is his birthday present from me. It couldn't be such perfect timing. My most anticipated film this year falling on my dad's birthday. ^_^
I'm planning on watching it that day 4 pm :yoshi:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just want to point out that "The fact that EA doesn't have a press conference this time" is #4 in the poll behind three Nintendo options-- but ahead of one-- on a Nintendo site.

I find that wonderfully hilarious.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
this month is really just pure, actual insanity.

And for those asking, yes, I know what's going on.

...and the infraction I got too, buuuut honestly, this is minor details at this point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I just catched up to stuff revealed last night.

...oh boy, I picked a wrong week to get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom