• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Here are some new questions for you anime fans on this thread:

• Most overrated anime you've seen and why?
  • Most underrated anime you've seen and why?
Most overrated... probably Death Note.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think people overwhelm it's quality a lot, specially because the story has some weird issues with massive exposition.

Most underrated maybe it's Princess Tutu, the only anime I had saw that I know only for the recomendation of a very hipster friend.

The anime is popular enough to be remember, but I always feel it was overshadow for it's overall aesthetic being so "girly" for a 2000s anime.

It's kind of weird one of my "less known anime" seen it's actually a Cult Classic. Maybe I would have talk about Kekkai Sensen but I'm still in hiatus with the anime because of uncomprehensible reasons.

Has anyone here seen any of the World Witches Animes? (or the movie?)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Overrated: Jojo. I love it, but a lot of its content can feel hit or miss, and it's not any fun on individual viewing. I start skipping stand battles because it's the same **** over and over again usually. Guy shows up, heroes learn how to beat them, they beat him. Woohoo. Watch it with a friend or don't watch it at all is how I see it.

Underrated: Mob Psycho 100. It was written by the same guy who wrote One Punch Man. It's an action drama more than an action comedy, but the themes it tackles deconstruct insecurity and emotions, the animation is amazing, and it can be wholesome occasionally. Good watch overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

1. My Hero Academia. Really not that great. Got bored quickly.
2. Naussica of The Valley of The Wind. Everyone should see it if you’re even just a little interested in anime.

(Take this with a grain of salt. I don’t watch to much anime.)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now think of the idea of Banjo in Smash.

Now think of the idea that they got Grant to do one or two remixes.

Ok, but as awesome as that would be, consider the following: :ultkrool:'s creator wasn't aware he was in the game until after the fact. It's just as likely they might go with someone local for convenience's sake.

Honestly I think that was the best way to include him.
To be honest, I would vastly prefer Jack Frost to get in over him anyways. Morgana is just one of several mascots tied to specific Persona games.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex seasons 1 & 2: Seems good, but I only understand them slightly more than the movie.
Round Vernian Vifam: More good than it had any right to be, for a show about kids running a spaceship.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

2. Naussica of The Valley of The Wind. Everyone should see it if you’re even just a little interested in anime.

>Nausicaa
>Underrated
>Literally any Miyazaki film
>Underrated
In what world do you live in?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

There are so many anime Inthink are overrated that arent as good as people say but for underated, Id say Magi and no, not ****ing midoka, Magi The Labyrinth/Kingdom of magic Magi, because, well, no one talks about it at all and its really good

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Code Geass and Re:Zero. Code Geass is REALLY ****ing stupid yet people act like edgy teenagers about it whereas I literally couldn't care for any of the characters of Re:Zero. I'd put Konosuba on here too but I only saw a single episode so eh, might not have been the best impression

Cutie Honey and Dirty Pair. Both of them filled to the brim with fanservice yet does it really tastefully (Except Universe **** that show it's creepy as **** even if it's gayer than Re:) while having the characters mostly be damn cool in their own right. It's also filled to the brim with style on both sides, although Dirty Pair certainly has the edge due to the great episodes we get due to the disastrous Lovely Angels causing all kinds of messes

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Most overrated... probably Death Note.

Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I think people overwhelm it's quality a lot, specially because the story has some weird issues with massive exposition.

Most underrated maybe it's Princess Tutu, the only anime I had saw that I know only for the recomendation of a very hipster friend.

The anime is popular enough to be remember, but I always feel it was overshadow for it's overall aesthetic being so "girly" for a 2000s anime.

It's kind of weird one of my "less known anime" seen it's actually a Cult Classic. Maybe I would have talk about Kekkai Sensen but I'm still in hiatus with the anime because of uncomprehensible reasons.
As evidenced by my avatar, I LOVE Death Note...but I don't think it's in the running for the greatest anime ever because episodes 26-37 are quite up and down. I still didn't mind the latter episodes overall, but if the show stopped at episode 25, I think it would deserve every little bit of praise it receives.

I've heard good things about Princess Tutu (thanks to Arkada from Glass Reflection) but I haven't gotten around to it.
Overrated: Jojo. I love it, but a lot of its content can feel hit or miss, and it's not any fun on individual viewing. I start skipping stand battles because it's the same **** over and over again usually. Guy shows up, heroes learn how to beat them, they beat him. Woohoo. Watch it with a friend or don't watch it at all is how I see it.

Underrated: Mob Psycho 100. It was written by the same guy who wrote One Punch Man. It's an action drama more than an action comedy, but the themes it tackles deconstruct insecurity and emotions, the animation is amazing, and it can be wholesome occasionally. Good watch overall.
Mob Psycho is indeed on my watch list, and I've heard nothing but good things. I plan on trying Jojo at some point but I'm not sure when.

On the MHA topic, season 1 didn't really grab me much at all...but seasons 2 and 3 are significantly better. I enjoy the series overall but season 1 brings down the quality a bit for me.

And as Shish said, all of Miyazaki's movies get a lot of praise and recognition haha
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex seasons 1 & 2: Seems good, but I only understand them slightly more than the movie.
Round Vernian Vifam: More good than it had any right to be, for a show about kids running a spaceship.
Never heard of Round Vernain Vifam, but it sounds interesting.
There are so many anime Inthink are overrated that arent as good as people say but for underated, Id say Magi and no, not ****ing midoka, Magi The Labyrinth/Kingdom of magic Magi, because, well, no one talks about it at all and its really good
I've heard of Magi around and about, but never learned much about it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Then Steve builds a Build A Bear and has Banjo cameo in the final smash while he takes Master Chief out of his backpack who proceeds to 360 noscope whoever got caught in the final smash
so this... is The Microsoft Rep™

D

Deleted member

Sonic saying gay rights and Minecraft saying trans rights is amazing.
I also heard Kamen Rider said gay rights, that is great too!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Code Geass and Re:Zero. Code Geass is REALLY ****ing stupid yet people act like edgy teenagers about it whereas I literally couldn't care for any of the characters of Re:Zero. I'd put Konosuba on here too but I only saw a single episode so eh, might not have been the best impression
First time I've ever seen someone hate Code Geass.
Not the first time for Re:Zero, though.

D

Deleted member

Me trying to beat all the FNAF games like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish i could play ken pretty good, hes fun as hell

D

Deleted member

Wait, is someone saying that Olimar is young?
Olimar is pretty old within the games.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
First time I've ever seen someone hate Code Geass.
Not the first time for Re:Zero, though.
My biggest issue is that it's basically the "Gaim should be on HBO" of edgy anime ****ing stupid, it ****ing lives on ham and outright bizarre **** like that one table scene and people go "Wow so dark and meaningful"

Also I'm nominating the entire isekai genre as overrated now that I think about it because **** it and every incel ass isekai

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wait.

What if we made Codec Calls for Smashboard users?
Snake: Otacon, who is this blue haired kid?

???: Howdy, I'm Noipoi Noipoi !

Snake: How did you hack into our system?

Noipoi: It would've been rude if I didn't say hi, wouldn't it?

Snake: I guess. Otacon, any tips?

Otacon: It's Noipoi! Watch out, Snake. He can draw anything into battle to help him fight! His ultimate attack, the "Noipoi Special" will instantly make you a minion of the Smashboards cult.

Snake: Got it. Maybe I should get an account on this "Smashboards". For spying purposes only, obviously.

Otacon: Oh no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom