• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
He initially told me not to tell the thread about it. Later though, he said he didn't realize how much he'd need you guys, and asked me to make a post along the lines of "Hey, guys I think Breloom deleted their account" or something. He asked me to keep the post as vague as I could, he didn't want to scare you guys. Well, there's no need for me to make that post anymore...

D

Deleted member

He initially told me not to tell the thread about it. Later though, he said he didn't realize how much he'd need you guys, and asked me to make a post along the lines of "Hey, guys I think Breloom deleted their account" or something. He asked me to keep the post as vague as I could, he didn't want to scare you guys. Well, there's no need for me to make that post anymore...
Oh word. o_o

Honestly, I do wish him the best of luck, but I feel like I should be doing more, but I don't actually know what I should be doing, if anything.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Stress and anxiety is ****ing kicking down my door.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I’m not being supportive, though. I’m not doing anything.
you don't have to be actively helping him out to be supportive for his recovery and wellbeing

all we can really do in this situation is wish him well and hope things get better soon

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
I have to admit, this whole thing, combined with all the issues I'm already dealing with at the moment... I just feel like I'm going to collapse under all this pressure at any moment. Maybe I should take a break from the site for a while, try to clear my mind of some of this stress.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Jesus, poor Brelooming.
If you’re seeing this dude, please know that we’re all here for you, and that we’re all wishing you well.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have to admit, this whole thing, combined with all the issues I'm already dealing with at the moment... I just feel like I'm going to collapse under all this stress at any moment. Maybe I should take a break from the site for a while, try to clear my mind of some of this stress.
Take your time. My DMs are open.

you don't have to be actively helping him out to be supportive for his recovery and wellbeing

all we can really do in this situation is wish him well and hope things get better soon
Well, yeah, but shouldn't I be, like, I dunno, donating money or something to help?

D

Deleted member

I have to admit, this whole thing, combined with all the issues I'm already dealing with at the moment... I just feel like I'm going to collapse under all this pressure at any moment. Maybe I should take a break from the site for a while, try to clear my mind of some of this stress.
As you know, my PMs are open if you need to talk. <3

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How many posts until this thread has to be closed and we have to start a new one?

Also, my PMs are always open for anyone who needs it. I know you probably won’t want to, but I’m still here just in case.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
So apparently NIS is stuggling to pay the saleries of their employees, yeesh. Also whats a Moving Strike Warrent because they are doing that too
I looked up NIS, and if it does mean Nippon Ichi Software, then I have never heard of any of their games in my entire life

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I looked up NIS, and if it does mean Nippon Ichi Software, then I have never heard of any of their games in my entire life
I looked them up last year. And they rank in the top 20 most successful gaming companies. So that’s gotta mean something.

Also, on a completely different note. I don’t know why. But the idea of a BioWare vs. Blizzard fighting game sounds really appropriate to me.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
So apparently NIS is stuggling to pay the saleries of their employees, yeesh. Also whats a Moving Strike Warrent because they are doing that too
That's odd. I thought Disgaea made them a good bit of money, but looking at the sales of Disgaea 5 maybe it's not as popular as I thought...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's odd. I thought Disgaea made them a good bit of money, but looking at the sales of Disgaea 5 maybe it's not as popular as I thought...
I didn’t even hear about Disgaea through the grapevine until I was looking at the top successful game companies. If anything, it has even less of a presence stateside than Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

just rewatched logan
it was uh
the
um the uh
good **** yeah i just
just need to be excused for a moment
WH4x.gif

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I didn’t even hear about Disgaea through the grapevine until I was looking at the top successful game companies. If anything, it has even less of a presence stateside than Dragon Quest.
Well, I knew it wasn't popular in the west but I always assumed it was one of those franchises that was really popular in Japan. But according to wikipedia the switch port of Disgaea 5 had sold "more than 200,000 copies worldwide" which doesn't sound particularly impressive.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I knew it wasn't popular in the west but I always assumed it was one of those franchises that was really popular in Japan. But according to wikipedia the switch port of Disgaea 5 had sold "more than 200,000 copies worldwide" which doesn't sound particularly impressive.
Wow. I didn’t even know it was on the Switch! Did it get ANY coverage in Directs?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Wow. I didn’t even know it was on the Switch! Did it get ANY coverage in Directs?
I think it was actually announced in a Direct
as much as no one likes to hear it, NA sales dont matter. Even if it did good here, It wont mean **** if it did bad in Japan and D5 (dunno if it was the original or the switch version) didnt do good

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Hey y'all, how's everyone doing today ?
I'm very excited for that Castlevania anniversary collection, i always wanted to play CV 1 !
Does anyone know if the other games are worth it though ?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it was actually announced in a Direct
as muchbas no one likes to hear it, NA sales dont matter. Even ifnit did good here, It wont mean **** if it did bad in Japan and D5 (dunno if it was the original or the switch version) didnt do good
You’d think, as Gaming gets more global at this point, that they would try to think more globally. Japan is a very small (competitively) very niche market. To have at least 80% of gaming’s total market and culture come from one place like that can not be healthy or progressive.

big brain theory time:

they're saving skins themed around P5's party members for the P5 party member rep

View attachment 221618
The more time passes, the less faith I have in Kasumi. I have a feeling we’ve seen all we’ll get from the Persona Series.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It depends what the goal for the company was when it comes to making cash.

I remember it being announced in a direct. It's a turn-based rpg, and the Disgaea series has mostly been Playstation console/handheld exclusive. So it's not much of note for any Switch variants. The game is already fairly niche these days. It was more notable in the PS2 era.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/Gurumi50t38/status/1128978314318626816

So, it seems that wolf Joker is catching on. To whoever started the trend on here, congratulations?

Jeez, I thought Disgaea was relatively successful.
I mean, NI has always been a niche company. In an evolving industry that devours middle-tier companies that can't keep sales up enough, the after-effects were going to affect some companies sooner or later.

You’d think, as Gaming gets more global at this point, that they would try to think more globally. Japan is a very small (competitively) very niche market. To have at least 80% of gaming’s total market and culture come from one place like that can not be healthy or progressive.

The more time passes, the less faith I have in Kasumi. I have a feeling we’ve seen all we’ll get from the Persona Series.
Well, you know how it is, they're a stickler for tradition like that over there. On the bright side, the latest Super Robot Wars (T) was clearly aimed towards global appeal, so that's something. It helps that the latest entries have all been on consoles with no region lock.

But yeah, it's becoming obvious to me that Kasumi may be missing the boat this time around. If her alt was cut for unknown reasons, they would want to focus dev resources towards other series' characters. We'll see what happens there, I guess.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm at around 50/50, but a promo rep for royal makes little sense outside an october/early november release window no matter how you slice it, so i think it's much too early to call definitively. vaanrose made a pretty convincing case back in april that there's no-one else 'jane' can realistically be/could have been in development, and it's hard to tell if she was cut early on or was always intended for an october release until the time comes and goes.

at any rate, i don't think she was meant to remain a skin, even if only an early part of development that ultimately got scrapped. releasing a character who would require wholly different animations six months from her game's launch alongside joker in april as a skin strikes me as the unlikeliest outcome of all. it just remains to be seen if they've held onto the idea, because the sensible time for its implementation is still months off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom