• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Better yet, when it comes to Microsoft x Smash, there now has to be an explanation for why Smash would come up in discussions for their collaboration.

Now that’s it’s not just a Nintendo x Microsoft party, I find that harder to prove. I just can’t see it being bigger than a business decision across the industry, not just Nintendo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are we all off the idea of a Season 2?
I personally feel pretty confident February will bring the final content update.

Nintendo is usually very upfront about how long they'll support a game. If they say Fighter's Pass and no more on the subject, I gotta believe that's because that is all that is currently planned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I mean, there is always the potential it goes down like this:

December: Joker

June: Erdrick

August: Fighter #3

October: Fighter #4

December: Fighter #5

This seems pretty good to me.
i'm telling y'all, fighter #3 will be revealed at EVO, like how the august direct was announced there last year

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want to see this OVA like you don't even know.
I'm pretty sure there's an artist somewhere gracious enough to fulfil this request.

And holy **** I want to see this to now that I think about it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I mean, there is always the potential it goes down like this:

December: Joker

June: Erdrick

August: Fighter #3

October: Fighter #4

December: Fighter #5

This seems pretty good to me.
I mean yeah, that could work.

But there's nothing stopping Nintendo from revealing 2 at the same time and then holding one of them for later.

I mean Joker was revealed in December b/c they wanted a reveal at a big game event (in that case The Game Awards).

Something similar can happen w/ E3, and unlike that scenario we'll have another character released that same day to keep us busy.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Are we all off the idea of a Season 2?
At this rate, it's better to assume the worst case scenario to avoid any potential disappointment.

I personally feel pretty confident February will bring the final content update.

Nintendo is usually very upfront about how long they'll support a game. If they say Fighter's Pass and no more on the subject, I gotta believe that's because that is all that is currently planned.
Pretty much this. The best case scenario is if they go about it like they did with Mario Kart 8's DLC, but even then, they made sure to let us know ahead of time that there would be two content packs available somewhere down the line.

The fact they haven't continued supporting it since until its Deluxe re-release is evidence they stick to their guns with their statements. Right now, the only thing we have to go off are the datamined extra slots, but Brawl had something similar as well, so it's most likely nothing.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm pretty sure there's an artist somewhere gracious enough to fulfil this request.

And holy **** I want to see this to now that I think about it.
Tears would be shed.

Manly, manly, cathartic tears.

D

Deleted member

Everybody shut the up we all know James Bond is the Rare rep
The best bit is how it's almost certainly deliberately that way. You don't just overlook stuff like being able to give any voice option in the game to any portrait, regardless of what gender they might be "designed" to look like. Only blip was EO3's "Prince/Princess", but even that got fixed in later games.

I guess the games must be pretty easy to knock out once they have the engine made. Internally they're all almost identical (except the first two DS games which were programmed by a different company), so that probably lightens the workload quite a bit. At least, that's the best explanation I can come up with. Not like we're complaining anyway, right? :b
Yeah, the voice options is one thing I never even expected but I'm glad they gave us. Really, EO just says "**** gender" all the time, even the localization using singular they/them instead of anything else despite the fact the Sovereigns in EO3 proving it would be possible to alter these to say either "he" or "she".

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My DLC prediction goes like this:

1- Dec: Joker
2- June: Absolute
3- June: Endless
4- October: Total
5-: December: Suffering

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It would be cool even if there was no 2nd Fighter's Pass if they ran another Ballot after all the DLC is done. Like something to take in Newcomer suggestions for whenever the next Smash happens.

And if nothing else, it would reduce any blowback the last character(s) get if there was any.

Not to mention Smash Ultimate's base is almost twice that of Smash 4's. A bigger sample size for polling results.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if we get a dedicated smash direct, all bets are off

but if it's just a standard e3 presentation, then no way are they spending 10-15 minutes of it announcing erdrick, doing the whole sakurai 'here's his entire moveset broken down' thing, revealing 4.0.0. features, and then having another trailer either after that or at the end

this ain't e3 2018 anymore, they have other things they want to show and their time is limited

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
if we get a dedicated smash direct, all bets are off

but if it's just a standard e3 presentation, then no way are they spending 10-15 minutes of it announcing erdrick, doing the whole sakurai 'here's his entire moveset broken down' thing, revealing 4.0.0. features, and then having another trailer either after that or at the end

this ain't e3 2018 anymore, they have other things they want to show and their time is limited
Or they can just show off 2 trailers and save the breakdowns for Treehouse, so at most, Smash takes up like 7-8 mins.

Gotta factor Treehouse into all of this too.

D

Deleted member

It would be cool even if there was no 2nd Fighter's Pass if they ran another Ballot after all the DLC is done. Like something to take in Newcomer suggestions for whenever the next Smash happens.

And if nothing else, it would reduce any blowback the last character(s) get if there was any.

Not to mention Smash Ultimate's base is almost twice that of Smash 4's. A bigger sample size for polling results.
After the last ballot, I'm not looking forward to another one. Plus next Smash is years away so results are probably going to be useless by the time development starts..

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
After the last ballot, I'm not looking forward to another one. Plus next Smash is years away so results are probably going to be useless by the time development starts..
A Ballot for a game 5-6 years later isn't a bad idea TBH. The last Ballot was 3-4 years before Ultimate which isn't a huge difference. Especially getting a lot of fan-favorites in who are a long time coming.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Still not entirely convinced E3's giving us two characters.

There's a lot to talk about besides just Smash at Nintendo's E3 this year. Obviously a reveal for fighter #2 is gonna happen, but fighter #3 too? And both getting the same kind of deep dive Joker did alongside other potential content, such as potential new modes? I personally feel like it isn't as likely as others think. I'd bet more on Erdrick + new game mode than I would Erdrick + another fighter.

Plus, showing off two at E3 makes the timing for the last two after super weird. When would the two E3 characters even release in this scenario?
Again, they're probably going to be revealed in a separate Smash focused presentation a few days before their General Direct with Fighter #2 being revealed at the beginning of the video and #3 being revealed Joker Style at the end and released in August.

It's pretty obvious that if Smash DLC was in the Nintendo E3 Direct it'll steal the thunder of Nintendo's new 2019 titles(which is foucsed on their newest games for 2019). Hence why they revealed Roy and Ryu in a Smash focused Direct outside of their E3 2015 Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom