• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

A Ballot for a game 5-6 years later isn't a bad idea TBH. The last Ballot was 3-4 years before Ultimate which isn't a huge difference. Especially getting a lot of fan-favorites in who are a long time coming.
It's a bad idea because a lot of new franchises and old franchises that are not as popular now can become popular in those 5-6 years for various reasons such as new releases or media related to them. Popularity is rarely consistent character-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Hey everybody, I’m back again but for real this time. Just finished my last day of high school, graduating Monday. I feel good but also sick to my stomach.

As for E3, I’m betting on a double reveal, one releases immediately after presentation, one comes out late August/early September. I think that would keep the schedule fairly normal for FP1 to wrap up in February.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Notice how Nintendo has nothing announced for June 9th?

I believe it's a dead giveaway for a Smash Direct that day. Which, I believe will be a strategic partnership with Microsoft and they'll tell the viewers to catch their conference later in the day.

D

Deleted member

Again, they're probably going to be revealed in a separate Smash focused presentation a few days before their General Direct with Fighter #2 being revealed at the beginning of the video and #3 being revealed Joker Style at the end and released in August.

It's pretty obvious that if Smash DLC was in the Nintendo E3 Direct it'll steal the thunder of Nintendo's new 2019 titles(which is foucsed on their newest games for 2019). Hence why they revealed Roy and Ryu in a Smash focused Direct outside of their E3 2015 Direct.
Yo, Smash DLC is hype and all, but no way on earth is it gonna eclipse Pokemon and Animal Crossing, lol. A single character ain't a fully brand new game.

Plus, we already got our pre-E3 Direct with Mario Maker yesterday. E3 is where our next character reveal will be.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's a bad idea because a lot of new franchises and old franchises that are not as popular now can become popular in those 5-6 years for various reasons such as new releases or media related to them. Popularity is rarely consistent character-wise.
Which is why movements within the community like Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool, and Geno are special and deserve to be honored.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Actually now that I think about it. I think our next DLC reveal could be on June 8th 9 AM PST.

They had the 2015 DLC direct in the morning and the evening had the Nintendo World Championships which had Mario Maker If I recall correctly, and June 8th this year will have that Mario Maker 2 event as well as the tournaments for Splatoon and Smash starting at 11 AM PST and 2 PM PST.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It wouldn't be the deciding factor obviously. Just like how Smash Ultimate's wasn't solely influenced by that.

New franchises would still have their opportunity to shine obviously. Just that some characters get a better chance of inclusion as a result of the Ballot.

Also remember that Smash Ultimate was short on newcomers so the situation is much different.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo, Smash DLC is hype and all, but no way on earth is it gonna eclipse Pokemon and Animal Crossing, lol. A single character ain't a fully brand new game.

Plus, we already got our pre-E3 Direct with Mario Maker yesterday. E3 is where our next character reveal will be.
Bruh they did a Mini-Direct 2 weeks before E3 in 2015. That means squat.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
People are sleeping on the real Microsoft rep:
132229-avatars.jpg

Hint: It's you (again), from the Microsoft Universe. A reenactment of the Mii Fighter trailer with Reggie and Iwata, except it's done by Todd Howard and Phil Spencer instead.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
w-whoa there now, take it easy, gun safety says we only draw live firearms around here when it's absolutely necessary
Sorry what
* ***** gun *
Can’t hear you

Edit: uh, does the chchk noise using the gun to get it ready for the shooting

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh they did a Mini-Direct 2 weeks before E3 in 2015. That means squat.
A thing they did 4 years ago with a completely different game means absolutely nothing either.

This reminds me of when everyone was saying "Well OF COURSE there's gonna be a Direct in April, guys! Joker's coming!" meanwhile I was the one guy saying "Yo they're probably just gonna shadow drop him".

It's very bold to assume Nintendo follows a "pattern" when said pattern has only ever happened once, and again, 4 years ago. Under completely different leadership, might I add.

Last edited by a moderator:

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
People are sleeping on the real Microsoft rep:
View attachment 221026
Hint: It's you (again), from the Microsoft Universe. A reenactment of the Mii Fighter trailer with Reggie and Iwata, except it's done by Todd Howard and Phil Spencer instead.
I was absolutely disgusted by this post until the end, now I absolutely want this. For no other reason then to see Todd Howard do a backflip and launch his entire body like a missile.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Which is why movements within the community like Ridley, Banjo, K. Rool, and Geno are special and deserve to be honored.
Eh... "deserve" can be a difficult word to use when it comes to Smash speculation.

It's difficult to gauge how big each of those movements really are.

We know now that Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon were all added due to the Ballot. So they overall had enough general support to make it in.

If we go by the prevalent Mii theory/spirits deconfirm mindset, Geno wouldn't be in (since he's already a spirit).

Can't comment on Banjo b/c we simply don't have enough info on his overall chances.

It's hard to really define how big/small of a request a character is b/c we usually forget to take into account the overall market, not just the Smash community.

Geno is a good example of someone who is well known in the Smash community, but in general... not so much. So this chances, to me at least, are way more difficult to actually figure out.

Of course character popularity isn't the sole factor in deciding characters, but it's still important to take that into account.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
A thing they did 4 years ago with a completely different game means absolutely nothing either.

This reminds me of when everyone was saying "Well OF COURSE there's gonna be a Direct in April, guys! Joker's coming!" meanwhile I was the one guy saying "Yo they're probably just gonna shadow drop him".

It's very bold to assume Nintendo follows a "pattern" when said pattern has only ever happened once, and again, 4 years ago.
Don't see why it's any different. If there's two characters, then it's almost a certainty that there's a Direct June 9th.

And JFTR, in 2015 there was...

A General Direct in April
A Splatoon Direct in May
A Mini-Direct in June
A Smash Direct 2 days before the main presentation
And then the Main Direct itself at E3

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring for what to expect coming up. I personally think E3 will have a separate Smash DLC presentation that will show off Erdrick/Luminary, and at the end reveal DLC Newcomer #3.

There won't be any mentioning of Microsoft, or other materials during the Smash presentation, because it will be its own thing. There is no proof that there is any sort of connection to Microsoft in regards to Smash in the first place, so I do not expect it, and I will simply suggest that it isn't considered nearly as likely as some thought.

I don't really know who Fighter #3 will be. I would like to think it'll be Leon Kennedy or Jill Valentine, but I also feel as though they'll offset Erdrick/Luminary (Dragon Quest legacy pack) with an unexpected pick, which could be Dark Souls. But I do expect both Capcom and Namco to get a newcomer after Square does. I mainly think it'll happen because of the rich selection of series they have.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Saturday will be the day I post Moy's. Whyyyyyyy?
Because we wanna talk to people who actually matter, not these low-level BASIC users.

I have standards, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom