• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Minecraft has millions upon millions of fans though, far beyond what Smash has.
There's a lot of potential customers that don't have a Switch and/or Smash yet.
Minecraft's popularity cannot be denied. That's without question.

I just don't fully agree with the notion above. Mainly because Smash's core fan base (outside the internet) tends to overlap with Minecraft. Kids love Smash Bros and Nintendo games after all.

D

Deleted member

I just don't fully agree with the notion above. Mainly because Smash's core fan base (outside the internet) tends to overlap with Minecraft. Kids love Smash Bros and Nintendo games after all.
assuming that literally everyone who plays smash is also a minecraft fan, there's still 77 million more people to appeal to

D

Deleted member

Still not entirely convinced E3's giving us two characters.

There's a lot to talk about besides just Smash at Nintendo's E3 this year. Obviously a reveal for fighter #2 is gonna happen, but fighter #3 too? And both getting the same kind of deep dive Joker did alongside other potential content, such as potential new modes? I personally feel like it isn't as likely as others think. I'd bet more on Erdrick + new game mode than I would Erdrick + another fighter.

Plus, showing off two at E3 makes the timing for the last two after super weird. When would the two E3 characters even release in this scenario?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
assuming that literally everyone who plays smash is also a minecraft fan, there's still 77 million more people to appeal to
True as I said. Some people tend to make it sound like mutually exclusive things which I can't agree with.

And even then, you got to consider some might not be interested in Smash at all regardless of the character being in.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Plus, showing off two at E3 makes the timing for the last two after super weird. When would the two E3 characters even release in this scenario?
Whenever Ninty wants, honestly.

Petey and Joker didn't coincide with anything.

D

Deleted member

Do you think the average seven year old would know about Smash Bros more than Minecraft?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

There's a lot to talk about besides just Smash at Nintendo's E3 this year. Obviously a reveal for fighter #2 is gonna happen, but fighter #3 too? And both getting the same kind of deep dive Joker did alongside other potential content, such as potential new modes? I personally feel like it isn't as likely as others think. I'd bet more on Erdrick + new game mode than I would Erdrick + another fighter.

Considering only one would actually release then, the other likely releasing in July or August, #4 will reveal/release in October/November and the last one will be revealed at the game awards.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
What’s that? Not having a good day?

Ok. Enjoy my adaptation of Punished Bill Nye.
AFC727F0-975C-4B11-9444-45EB76A2C1B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

there's also, like

no reason they can't just shadow drop the next character's announcement in august

just like they did with joker's presentation or are evidently doing with erdrick's reveal/launch in june

i also find the idea that character #3 would be revealed because we need something to 'tide us over' silly because A) it would completely steal erdrick's thunder and B) we've already been going a month without a reveal to 'tide us over' until E3

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Possibly one the week of E3 (they typically give advance notice for patches) and one in the summer.

There's something to be said about an August Direct that they usually have, but the February deadline basically means every character will likely be announced before the big November rush of other games hogging the spotlight. I do think they'll announce the last four in pairs, but that's just a gut feeling, not anything substantiated by evidence. They did it in Smash 4, I think they'll do it again.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How would you feel if they ported Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D, Wind Walker HD, and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch in a Collection Pack?
I'd shill out whatever they asked for to buy it. A collection of some of the greatest Zelda games, all on one system? Yes please.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Do you think the average seven year old would know about Smash Bros more than Minecraft?
Why not? I got in to Smash when I was 5 lol.

Doesn't have to mean they're more in to Smash than Minecraft per se.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Possibly one the week of E3 (they typically give advance notice for patches) and one in the summer.

There's something to be said about an August Direct that they usually have, but the February deadline basically means every character will likely be announced before the big November rush of other games hogging the spotlight. I do think they'll announce the last four in pairs, but that's just a gut feeling, not anything substantiated by evidence. They did it in Smash 4, I think they'll do it again.
Are we all off the idea of a Season 2?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
It's still so weird to me Etrian Odyssey treats gender like that when it comes from the same company that did Persona but hey, when you literally don't care how well your game sells, you might as well just do whatever.
I mean, seriously, how the **** do we have so many games in this franchise when it took them about 8 years to hit 1.5 million units sold ACROSS THE WHOLE SERIES???
The best bit is how it's almost certainly deliberately that way. You don't just overlook stuff like being able to give any voice option in the game to any portrait, regardless of what gender they might be "designed" to look like. Only blip was EO3's "Prince/Princess", but even that got fixed in later games.

I guess the games must be pretty easy to knock out once they have the engine made. Internally they're all almost identical (except the first two DS games which were programmed by a different company), so that probably lightens the workload quite a bit. At least, that's the best explanation I can come up with. Not like we're complaining anyway, right? :b

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How would you feel if they ported Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D, Wind Walker HD, and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch in a Collection Pack?
Yus!

That reminds me of that old Zelda collection from the Gamecube Era. Would be sick if they did something like that again. Throw in SS HD as well just to make it feel more complete.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Fighter #2 is revealed and released the same day for hype.

Fighter #3 is revealed Joker style at the end of the presentation, but not released.

It's easy.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've never been on the idea of a second season. Can't speak for everyone else.

I firmly, 100%, wholeheartedly believe there will not be a season two. It would be different if this were in-house, but Nintendo is contracting both Sora and Bandai Namco, and I think both already have other plans after Smash that they've already begun moving staff toward bits at a time.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

If they plan to keep revealing characters at the rate they're going, they'll have to double reveal at some point. They have 9 months left to release the remaining 4 characters, meaning they gotta reveal them prior to that.

If there's any place to reveal multiple characters... it's E3.

Remember Roy and Ryu were both officially revealed at E3 iirc, so it's not out of the question.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whenever Ninty wants, honestly.

Petey and Joker didn't coincide with anything.

Both good points. I'm not exactly against the idea that the final 4 are announced in pairs, but doing each reveal separate seems to fit more IMO given how Nintendo is treating each character as a huge pack of content rather than just a character like Smash 4's DLC. Gives them the opportunity to do deep dives on each one and give each individual pack a chance in the spotlight.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Y’all arguing about Banjo vs Steve when you should be arguing if Microsoft will get anyone in the first place.

The reasoning for adding either of them should be established first.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Sign me up - I loved the Zelda Collector's Edition on the GCN and I'd love this

D

Deleted member

If they plan to keep revealing characters at the rate they're going, they'll have to double reveal at some point. They have 9 months left to release the remaining 4 characters, meaning they gotta reveal them prior to that.

If there's any place to reveal multiple characters... it's E3.

Remember Roy and Ryu were both officially revealed at E3 iirc, so it's not out of the question.
I mean, there is always the potential it goes down like this:

December: Joker

June: Erdrick

August: Fighter #3

October: Fighter #4

December: Fighter #5

This seems pretty good to me.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'd angrily shake my fist at Capcom for not doing the same thing with Devil May Cry 1-4 like the cheap-o old men that they are.

I’ve got ice cream from April sitting in the freezer.

It ain’t gonna see the light of day until E3
I see no reason to store ice cream specifically to cry over if E3 gives you an empty feeling.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was never on board. Mainly because I can't see development going beyond 2020 as the development team gets smaller. That was the issue with Smash 4's DLC and why it ended at the same timeframe the Fighter's Pass is poised to end.

Basically, after February 2020 Sakurai books a flight to the Caribbean and says "Suck it ******* i'm a free man now woo-hoo!". We then wait til' 2025-2026 for the next Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom