• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Real talk we need a thread for Opopo's FE talk. I can't always see this stuff and it's great
I've been meaning to post a directory of links to each one, which would then be put in my signature, lol. I just haven't done it yet.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean it could. I honestly can’t say one way or the other.

But at the same time, at that point it’s just adding a Smash connection to it simply for the sake of it, which doesn’t quite show a strong reason to believe it.
Yeah, that's true.

I just saw it as a good thing because they seem to be willing to work together, so they wouldn't say no to a Smash character and Nintendo may have even wanted one or suggested one to Sakurai/he decided on one (however their process goes) for any particular reason, if not just for the character itself. Doesn't mean we'll get one, just a possibility since they seem to be friendlier now.

Of course, we won't know until all of the DLC characters have been released. I'll honestly end up not caring too much in the end if we don't get B-K or Steve, just having some disappointment.

D

Deleted member

I see a lot of people being converted into Etrian Odyssey these days so I think I should present more people into why they should get into it: outdated PowerPoint style
Conclusion: buy Etrian Odyssey nerds

D

Deleted member

I see a lot of people being converted into Etrian Odyssey these days so I think I should present more people into why they should get into it: outdated PowerPoint style

counterpoint:
no money.

D

Deleted member

The Four Horse entities of Etrian Odyssey:
-Moydow
-Shishœ
-Dyllybirdy
-Pyra

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The fact that boxes can float on lava and stay intact in Mario Maker 2mis incredibly perplexing.

D

Deleted member

Honest question unrelated to EO since Im a moron (I like EO btw :b)

But regarding point 6 is an androgynous design considered non-binary?

D

Deleted member

I just want E3 already.
It is coming in less than a month.
There will be a lot of interesting reactions too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
D

Deleted member

Hell yeah, these are some great news.

There’s hope for the First Family.
If anything, I feel there's a few characters left to add given that there are team bonuses like in 1 and 2. Plus unless they count Scarlet Witch as an X-men, we only have currently 3 in the roster and 2 inhumans IIRC.

D

Deleted member

SMW's desert theme is a Chocolate Island theme instead!

View attachment 220970
So God does exist, huh.
counterpoint:
no money.
Counter-counterpoint: you have a spare kidney

It's been a long time since I have these saved(as you can see, they're from 2014) but I'd say the best way to describe those would be "gender non-conforming" so it's just bad wording from the creator of those(especially since the game always refers to party members with they/them pronouns, so players can just have any character portrait be any gender they want).
An androgynous design isn't necessarily NB just like a masculine or feminine design isn't necessarily male or female.

D

Deleted member

If anything, I feel there's a few characters left to add given that there are team bonuses like in 1 and 2. Plus unless they count Scarlet Witch as an X-men, we only have currently 3 in the roster and 2 inhumans IIRC.
Some other additions like the F4, Gwenpool or Nova would be welcomed too tbh.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

None of the portraits have any assigned gender, and you're never asked to specify gender for anyone. So they can be pretty much whatever you want them to be, no matter what they actually look like. :b

D

Deleted member

Let’s just say that the goggle theory ends up being false...who are you expecting the 2 characters to be revealed at e3?

D

Deleted member

Let’s just say that the goggle theory ends up being false...who are you expecting the 2 characters to be revealed at e3?
More like it is false :b

I expect Erdrick plus either the twins from Astral Chain or a Capcom rep

D

Deleted member

None of the portraits have any assigned gender, and you're never asked to specify gender for anyone. So they can be pretty much whatever you want them to be, no matter what they actually look like. :b
It's still so weird to me Etrian Odyssey treats gender like that when it comes from the same company that did Persona but hey, when you literally don't care how well your game sells, you might as well just do whatever.
I mean, seriously, how the **** do we have so many games in this franchise when it took them about 8 years to hit 1.5 million units sold ACROSS THE WHOLE SERIES???

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Erdrick and Tales Of Character(Lloyd/Yuri/Velvet). The two fit thematically IMO. DQ anniversary is at the end of May and the Smash Direct should be in the 1st half of June, and Tales Of Symphonia, Vesperia, and Berseria all have an anniversary in August which should be the estimated date for Fighter #3.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hmmm... Erdrick is Challenger Pack 2 for sure...

and let's say... either Banjo or Steve (because I can dream) for Challenger Pack 3

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
1. It kinda WAS proven false not long ago
2. A Square Enix character (which may or may not be Erdrick) and a Spirit being upgraded to DLC to surprise everyone. my money’s on Elma

D

Deleted member

I do not know, I feel like Banjo has a higher chance than Steve.
You all know I want Minecraft in Smash Bros, and when you really want something, you might tend to worry too.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Erdrick and... uh... I guess KOS-MOS. Because I said so.

But I'm already preparing myself for disappointment in the case that it's just the former or the other character is a certain... someone.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Let’s just say that the goggle theory ends up being false...
We just say that a lot.

It's the truth.

who are you expecting the 2 characters to be revealed at e3?
Erdrick/Geno and Banjo/Steve.

Because honestly I'm kind of basic and already got my most wanteds in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom