• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, just like every other random text leak that came out real or false. Just because one turned out to be true, doesn't give credibility to all the rest.
I mean... the one I put out is certainly real at least

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s more significant than that in terms of fan speculation because people mainly worked off of this as if it was specifically Nintendo collaborating with Microsoft. Because of this “exclusive” partnership, the idea was that Sakurai/Nintendo would add a character to Smash.

This is when Steve and Banjo truly ramped up. Steve was originally (prior to Verg) mainly a meme pick. There was support, but nothing major. Then, the Microsoft news came up, and it became a major point that “Oh wow! Nintendo and Microsoft are working together, and those dudes said Steve is in!”

It’s a business decision by Microsoft, and I believe that’s all this is. The probability of it happening was mostly because it seemed like it was a special, targeted deal.

Granted, i’ve been saying it since this whole Microsoft thing started. Not everything that everyone does with Nintendo directly relates to Smash. This seems just like a business opportunity for Microsoft to branch out with their playerbase (they sell like **** in Japan) and build relationships.

That in itself does not mean Smash is suddenly getting a Microsoft character. Could it happen? Sure. But considering what they’re doing isn’t as exclusive as some thought, I don’t see why it’s seen nearly as likely.
Yes, it's a business decision just like what goes on between Nintendo and other companies. I doubt Smash had anything to do with their partnership and whatever, but I don't doubt Microsoft letting Sakurai and Nintendo have Banjo-Kazooie, Steve or whoever if they wanted a character from them, especially since they're on friendlier terms like with other companies.

And the partnership wasn't the only thing going for Banjo from what I've seen, though to be fair the other stuff is rumors/"leaks" that have yet to come true, but a person who has shared this sort-of info seems to be legit (with some things wrong and some things right like other leakers, but still).

D

Deleted member

Okay so as I mentioned last night I may be getting a 3DS/2DS so are there any games you would suggest? These are the games that are already on my list mind you:
-LoZ: OoT Remake
-LoZ: MM Remake
-LoZ: A Link between Worlds
-Animal Crossing New Leaf
-Etrian Odyssey 4
-Bravely Default
-Bravely Second
-FE: Awakening
-DQ VII
-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Black
-Pokemon Black 2
-Pokemon Omega Ruby
-Pokemon Ultra Sun
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
-Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
-Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
-Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
-Phoenix Wright: Spirit of Justice
-Wario Ware Gold
-Tomodachi Life
-Kid Icarus: Uprising
-SMT IV

Edit: Also Woolly World for 3DS though I don't know how much worse or better that is compared to the Wii U
I'm planning on starting a Video Game collection so the more games the better in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

#16 Minerva: Honorable Heir to a Tumultuous Territory

image.png

Name: Minerva
Class: Dracoknight
Appears in: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, BS Fire Emblem: Archanea War Chronicles (Satellaview), Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem Awakening (Spotpass), Fire Emblem Fates (Japan-only Cipher DLC), Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Spirit)

Number sixteen on my list is none other than Minerva, the Red Dragoon and the middle child of the Macedonian royal siblings. A prepromoted Dracoknight, Minerva kickstarted an archetype of her own within the Fire Emblem franchise, with other red-clad female Wyvern riding characters like Jill, Milady, Altena, and Scarlet coming after her. As well, she is also one of the most recurring characters in the franchise, adding to her notability.

However, before we can talk about Minerva herself, we need to talk about her family, the royal family of Macedon. Minerva has both an older brother, Michalis, and a younger sister, Maria. Her father, King Osmond, ruled over Macedon, while her mother seemingly died prior to the War of Shadows.

Macedon itself is a kingdom that prides itself on its strength, calling back to its founder, an ex-slave named Iote. When Medeus was amassing his army to start what would become the War of Shadows, King Osmond initially didn't want to ally with the Dohlr Empire. However, Prince Michalis wanted his father to form the alliance, as the Empire had offered them greater power. At a fundamental impasse with his father, Michalis was targeted by the Dark Pontifex, Gharnef, who convinced him to kill King Osmond.

Minerva, however, was disgusted by Michalis's patricidal actions. She had always looked up to her brother. He'd inspired her to become strong, just like him. And yet, here he killed their own father out of petty ambition. Knowing that Minerva planned to defect, however, Michalis had their youngest sister, Maria, kept in a prison cell at Castle Deil as leverage.

Minerva first appears in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (henceforth referred to as just Shadow Dragon, the name of its remake) as an enemy unit in chapter seven, Lefcandith Gauntlet. Here, she appears with her three subordinates, the Whitewings, Palla, Catria, and Est. General Harmein of Macedon, on Michalis's orders, forces Minerva and the Whitewings to lead the charge against the Archanean League. He forces compliance, lest Maria be killed. However, she and the Whitewings do not actually attack the League, and instead simply observe for a few turns before turning their backs on Harmein and retreating.

After Harmein's defeat at Lefcandith, and after a visit to Port Warren, Marth is visited by Catria, who explained that Minerva wishes to join Marth's cause, but can't until Maria is rescued. Marth and the League head to Castle Deil and free Maria from her cell, whereupon Minerva finally joins Marth, lending her regalia axe, Hauteclere, to the cause.

Much later on in Marth's journey, the climactic showdown between Minerva and Michalis takes place. Marth, not wanting to overwhelm Minerva by forcing her to kill her own brother, offers to have someone else handle it. She refuses, saying that, "...History needs to remember that when Macedon went astray, it was a Macedonian who set things right." She then fights Michalis and, canonically, is the one to defeat him. She leaves him for dead, and herself as heir to Macedon's throne, she continues aiding Marth on his quest to stop Medeus.

After Medeus's defeat, she returns to Macedon and begins to rule over it as its new Queen. However it's immediately apparent that while her martial prowess is unmatched, she has no talent when it comes to diplomacy or politics. Despite wanting only the best for her people, they don't respect her as a leader the same way they did for Michalis.

After two years pass from the end of the War of Shadows, war is once again looming across the continent. In Macedon, a coup d'état led by the corrupt General Rucke blindsides Minerva. She is mercilessly beaten and locked up, while Maria is taken away. After a torturous stay in prison, awaiting execution, Minerva is freed by none other than...Michalis.

Yes, that's right, Michalis is alive. Maria, being a child and a cleric, couldn't handle seeing her older brother dying in front of her after Minerva fatally wounded him, so she healed his wounds over time in secret. Rucke, in disbelief that Michalis somehow cheated death, allows him to take Minerva, not wanting to anger him. Michalis takes Minerva to Khadein to get her strength back up, and to let her join up with Marth. She and Michalis talk about why he did what he did during the War of Shadows, and what he was going to do now. Shortly after, he leaves to try and find Maria.

It's here that Minerva joins up with Marth, aiding him once again on his quest. During the endgame, it's revealed that Maria was one of the clerics abducted by Gharnef in order to complete Medeus's resurrection. Thinking quickly to stop Medeus from mind controlling and eventually eating the four clerics, Minerva rushes to Maria, and through their sisterly bond is able to snap her out of her trance, freeing her.

Minerva's character is built upon several tenants, but above all else, justice and family.

During Archanea Chronicles, which details events from the War of Shadows that Shadow Dragon didn't include, Macedon is occupying part of Aurelis. While there, Minerva sees some Macedonian soldiers defect and begin terrorizing the Aurelian people. She immediately joins with Hardin to stamp out the injustice. When she eventually comes to blows with Michalis, though she can't bring herself to kill him outright, she fights him due to his crimes against Macedon, and their father.

Maria's safety is an ever-present concern of hers. Maria, after all, is just a child. During both games of the Archanea duology, when something untoward happens to Maria, Minerva's primary concern is always her safety. When she rescues Maria at the end of Mystery of the Emblem, she asks if Michalis is okay. Minerva forces herself to lie and say yes, as Maria had already been through enough trauma. In actuality, Michalis had died retrieving the Starlight tome that was used to kill Gharnef.

Minerva's relationship with the Whitewings, and Palla in particular, shouldn't be understated. By all means, she sees the three sisters as her own family, and sticks with them in times of strife and helps them whenever she's needed.

Palla, above all, is Minerva's closest friend and confidant. In their support conversations in New Mystery of the Emblem, she acts as a source of emotional support for Palla when the latter is trying to cast away her feelings for Abel. In turn, Palla is there to lend an ear when Minerva expresses her plan for the future of Macedon: a future without her as a ruler. At first, Palla thinks Minerva is suggesting abandoning Macedon, but Minerva assures her that isn't the case. She recognizes her own weaknesses, and in my opinion, she put it into words the best.

Minerva:
There's no way I could do that. I love Macedon. If it's within my abilities, I'll do anything and everything for it. However... I believe new blood is needed for a new future. In order to truly restore our beautiful homeland, we must breathe some new life into it. And for that purpose, the old blood--the royal family I'm a part of--must be weeded out.
Palla:
So you're prepared to go that far...
Minerva:
I haven't told anybody else about this yet.
Palla:
Then, why tell something so important to a person like me?
Minerva:
Heh... That, too, is my weakness. I wanted somebody to listen. No, not just somebody. I wanted you to listen, for you're the single person I trust the most.

In Minerva's ending in New Mystery of the Emblem, she abdicates the throne, ceding Macedonian control over to Marth. She hangs up her armor and Hauteclere, and instead dons a robe and wields a staff, and works as a cleric in Lena and Julian's monastery and orphanage, continuing to serve the people of Macedon in the way they needed it most: healing its scars.

As a combat unit, Minerva is consistently fantastic in all games she is playable in. This is in large part due to her class, Dracoknight, being possibly the best class in the Archanea games. They combine strength, bulk, and movement at the cost of a bow, Shaver tome, and Arrowspate ballista weakness. Minerva joins prepromoted in chapter ten of Shadow Dragon equipped with Hauteclere, the single best axe in the game, and has weapon ranks high enough to wield hand axes and javelins for 1-2 range combat. Giving her Iote's Shield also helps her against late game bow users, though they aren't too common. By all means, Minerva is a strong unit right out of the box, and is completely usable until endgame in basically all games she's in. In Mystery and New Mystery, she's also required to use for a full recruitment run, due to being the only one capable of saving Maria from Medeus in the final chapter.

She's also really good in Heroes and Warriors, as well, continuing her streak of high usability. The most baffling thing is that she wasn't playable in Warriors until DLC. By all means she should've been in the base game.

Minerva, at her core, is one of the most important characters in the Archanea mythos, to the point where I'd honestly put her right behind Marth and Caeda, and about on par with Tiki, Nyna, and Camus. Her story is tragic...losing her father, being forced to fight her own patricidal brother to the death, having the looming threat of Maria's abductions looming over her, being thrust into a leadership position without warning, and eventually abdicating the throne entirely, Minerva goes through quite a lot during the events of the games. But still, she persevered. On the outside, she remained as stern and fierce as ever, even if she was being torn apart on the inside.

Her legacy in-universe would become very well known in the following centuries, so much so that Cherche, a woman of Rosanne across the sea on the continent of Valm (formerly Valentia) named her own Wyvern after Minerva herself two thousand years later. Despite not being able to rule it on her own, in time, Minerva would become a symbol. In truth, a Macedonian did set things in Macedon right: the Red Dragoon.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

#16 Minerva: Honorable Heir to a Tumultuous Territory

View attachment 220962

Name: Minerva
Class: Dracoknight
Appears in: Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light, Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, BS Fire Emblem: Archanea War Chronicles (Satellaview), Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem, Fire Emblem Awakening (Spotpass), Fire Emblem Fates (Japan-only Cipher DLC), Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Spirit)

Number sixteen on my list is none other than Minerva, the Red Dragoon and the middle child of the Macedonian royal siblings. A prepromoted Dracoknight, Minerva kickstarted an archetype of her own within the Fire Emblem franchise, with other red-clad female Wyvern riding characters like Jill, Milady, Altena, and Scarlet coming after her. As well, she is also one of the most recurring characters in the franchise, adding to her notability.

However, before we can talk about Minerva herself, we need to talk about her family, the royal family of Macedon. Minerva has both an older brother, Michalis, and a younger sister, Maria. Her father, King Osmond, ruled over Macedon, while her mother seemingly died prior to the War of Shadows.

Macedon itself is a kingdom that prides itself on its strength, calling back to its founder, an ex-slave named Iote. When Medeus was amassing his army to start what would become the War of Shadows, King Osmond initially didn't want to ally with the Dohlr Empire. However, Prince Michalis wanted his father to form the alliance, as the Empire had offered them greater power. At a fundamental impasse with his father, Michalis was targeted by the Dark Pontifex, Gharnef, who convinced him to kill King Osmond.

Minerva, however, was disgusted by Michalis's patricidal actions. She had always looked up to her brother. He'd inspired her to become strong, just like him. And yet, here he killed their own father out of petty ambition. Knowing that Minerva planned to defect, however, Michalis had their youngest sister, Maria, kept in a prison cell at Castle Deil as leverage.

Minerva first appears in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light (henceforth referred to as just Shadow Dragon, the name of its remake) as an enemy unit in chapter seven, Lefcandith Gauntlet. Here, she appears with her three subordinates, the Whitewings, Palla, Catria, and Est. General Harmein of Macedon, on Michalis's orders, forces Minerva and the Whitewings to lead the charge against the Archanean League. He forces compliance, lest Maria be killed. However, she and the Whitewings do not actually attack the League, and instead simply observe for a few turns before turning their backs on Harmein and retreating.

After Harmein's defeat at Lefcandith, and after a visit to Port Warren, Marth is visited by Catria, who explained that Minerva wishes to join Marth's cause, but can't until Maria is rescued. Marth and the League head to Castle Deil and free Maria from her cell, whereupon Minerva finally joins Marth, lending her regalia axe, Hauteclere, to the cause.

Much later on in Marth's journey, the climactic showdown between Minerva and Michalis takes place. Marth, not wanting to overwhelm Minerva by forcing her to kill her own brother, offers to have someone else handle it. She refuses, saying that, "...History needs to remember that when Macedon went astray, it was a Macedonian who set things right." She then fights Michalis and, canonically, is the one to defeat him. She leaves him for dead, and herself as heir to Macedon's throne, she continues aiding Marth on his quest to stop Medeus.

After Medeus's defeat, she returns to Macedon and begins to rule over it as its new Queen. However it's immediately apparent that while her martial prowess is unmatched, she has no talent when it comes to diplomacy or politics. Despite wanting only the best for her people, they don't respect her as a leader the same way they did for Michalis.

After two years pass from the end of the War of Shadows, war is once again looming across the continent. In Macedon, a coup d'état led by the corrupt General Rucke blindsides Minerva. She is mercilessly beaten and locked up, while Maria is taken away. After a torturous stay in prison, awaiting execution, Minerva is freed by none other than...Michalis.

Yes, that's right, Michalis is alive. Maria, being a child and a cleric, couldn't handle seeing her older brother dying in front of her after Minerva fatally wounded him, so she healed his wounds over time in secret. Rucke, in disbelief that Michalis somehow cheated death, allows him to take Minerva, not wanting to anger him. Michalis takes Minerva to Khadein to get her strength back up, and to let her join up with Marth. She and Michalis talk about why he did what he did during the War of Shadows, and what he was going to do now. Shortly after, he leaves to try and find Maria.

It's here that Minerva joins up with Marth, aiding him once again on his quest. During the endgame, it's revealed that Maria was one of the clerics abducted by Gharnef in order to complete Medeus's resurrection. Thinking quickly to stop Medeus from mind controlling and eventually eating the four clerics, Minerva rushes to Maria, and through their sisterly bond is able to snap her out of her trance, freeing her.

Minerva's character is built upon several tenants, but above all else, justice and family.

During Archanea Chronicles, which details events from the War of Shadows that Shadow Dragon didn't include, Macedon is occupying part of Aurelis. While there, Minerva sees some Macedonian soldiers defect and begin terrorizing the Aurelian people. She immediately joins with Hardin to stamp out the injustice. When she eventually comes to blows with Michalis, though she can't bring herself to kill him outright, she fights him due to his crimes against Macedon, and their father.

Maria's safety is an ever-present concern of hers. Maria, after all, is just a child. During both games of the Archanea duology, when something untoward happens to Maria, Minerva's primary concern is always her safety. When she rescues Maria at the end of Mystery of the Emblem, she asks if Michalis is okay. Minerva forces herself to lie and say yes, as Maria had already been through enough trauma. In actuality, Michalis had died retrieving the Starlight tome that was used to kill Gharnef.

Minerva's relationship with the Whitewings, and Palla in particular, shouldn't be understated. By all means, she sees the three sisters as her own family, and sticks with them in times of strife and helps them whenever she's needed.

Palla, above all, is Minerva's closest friend and confidant. In their support conversations in New Mystery of the Emblem, she acts as a source of emotional support for Palla when the latter is trying to cast away her feelings for Abel. In turn, Palla is there to lend an ear when Minerva expresses her plan for the future of Macedon: a future without her as a ruler. At first, Palla thinks Minerva is suggesting abandoning Macedon, but Minerva assures her that isn't the case. She recognizes her own weaknesses, and in my opinion, she put it into words the best.

Minerva:
There's no way I could do that. I love Macedon. If it's within my abilities, I'll do anything and everything for it. However... I believe new blood is needed for a new future. In order to truly restore our beautiful homeland, we must breathe some new life into it. And for that purpose, the old blood--the royal family I'm a part of--must be weeded out.
Palla:
So you're prepared to go that far...
Minerva:
I haven't told anybody else about this yet.
Palla:
Then, why tell something so important to a person like me?
Minerva:
Heh... That, too, is my weakness. I wanted somebody to listen. No, not just somebody. I wanted you to listen, for you're the single person I trust the most.

In Minerva's ending in New Mystery of the Emblem, she abdicates the throne, ceding Macedonian control over to Marth. She hangs up her armor and Hauteclere, and instead dons a robe and wields a staff, and works as a cleric in Lena and Julian's monastery and orphanage, continuing to serve the people of Macedon in the way they needed it most: healing its scars.

As a combat unit, Minerva is consistently fantastic in all games she is playable in. This is in large part due to her class, Dracoknight, being possibly the best class in the Archanea games. They combine strength, bulk, and movement at the cost of a bow, Shaver tome, and Arrowspate ballista weakness. Minerva joins prepromoted in chapter ten of Shadow Dragon equipped with Hauteclere, the single best axe in the game, and has weapon ranks high enough to wield hand axes and javelins for 1-2 range combat. Giving her Iote's Shield also helps her against late game bow users, though they aren't too common. By all means, Minerva is a strong unit right out of the box, and is completely usable until endgame in basically all games she's in. In Mystery and New Mystery, she's also required to use for a full recruitment run, due to being the only one capable of saving Maria from Medeus in the final chapter.

She's also really good in Heroes and Warriors, as well, continuing her streak of high usability. The most baffling thing is that she wasn't playable in Warriors until DLC. By all means she should've been in the base game.

Minerva, at her core, is one of the most important characters in the Archanea mythos, to the point where I'd honestly put her right behind Marth and Caeda, and about on par with Tiki, Nyna, and Camus. Her story is tragic...losing her father, being forced to fight her own patricidal brother to the death, having the looming threat of Maria's abductions looming over her, being thrust into a leadership position without warning, and eventually abdicating the throne entirely, Minerva goes through quite a lot during the events of the games. But still, she persevered. On the outside, she remained as stern and fierce as ever, even if she was being torn apart on the inside.

Her legacy in-universe would become very well known in the following centuries, so much so that Cherche, a woman of Rosanne across the sea on the continent of Valm (formerly Valentia) named her own Wyvern after Minerva herself two thousand years later. Despite not being able to rule it on her own, in time, Minerva would become a symbol. In truth, a Macedonian did set things in Macedon right: the Red Dragoon.
>i picked 16 because of my birthday
>am redhead
>#16 is FE's best redhead

edeaapprove.PNG

D

Deleted member

Ok real talk about the night thing here.

So, when it’s night effects take place, like blocks being slippery, enemies floating, etc.. In my opinion, these should not be limited to night and limited to certain themes. They should be choices. Nintendo is just limiting the players that way, in my opinion.

So, what if I want a level of a starry night? Well, to bad, ‘cause all the goombas are floating, and that destroys the mood. See where I’m getting?

It’s really a small nitpick, but still an issue in my opinion.p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
D

Deleted member

I just realized that Super Mario Maker 2 is going to have legit rankings in online play.

Mario Maker is going to have a better ranked online than Smash.

xf34rd3w9al11.jpg

It really do be like that.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yes, it's a business decision just like what goes on between Nintendo and other companies. I doubt Smash had anything to do with their partnership and whatever, but I don't doubt Microsoft letting Sakurai and Nintendo have Banjo-Kazooie, Steve or whoever if they wanted a character from them, especially since they're on friendlier terms like with other companies.

And the partnership wasn't the only thing going for Banjo from what I've seen, though to be fair the other stuff is rumors/"leaks" that have yet to come true, but a person who has shared this sort-of info seems to be legit (with some things wrong and some things right like other leakers, but still).
I see what you’re trying to say. However, the only thing is that there really is no reason to expect that Smash was mentioned at this point.

It was a business decision to expand their options. To assume that Microsoft would “let Nintendo use Steve or Banjo” assumes that in the negotiations for the online collaboration and other games coming to Switch, that somebody said, “Hey, let’s talk about Smash” which doesn’t really fit the scope of the actual partnership.

At least it doesn’t to me. I could be wrong, but it seems like people are shoehorning Smash into it. I get that we’re all fans here, and we want to see Smash become the best it can be. But it seems to me at this point that, in the context of business dealings with other gaming companies, that’s all this was for Microsoft.

I don’t think it has anything to do with Smash, and I don’t think it ever did. I think that this is what happens when we as a fanbase scramble and look too deep into something.

But again, could just be me. Could they have made a deal? Yes. But I don’t think it was a part of the deal.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay so as I mentioned last night I may be getting a 3DS/2DS so are there any games you would suggest? These are the games that are already on my list mind you:
-Etrian Odyssey 4
-Bravely Default
-Bravely Second
-DQ VII
-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Black
-Pokemon Black 2
-Pokemon Omega Ruby
-Pokemon Ultra Sun
-Wario Ware Gold
-Tomodachi Life
-SMT IV

Edit: Also Woolly World for 3DS though I don't know how much worse or better that is compared to the Wii U
I'm planning on starting a Video Game collection so the more games the better in my opinion.
Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario Kart 7.

If you're including DS games and can find it at a reasonable price, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Otherwise just buy it through the Wii U eshop.

I had to stop my autocorrect from trying to turn eshop into esophagus like four times.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so

X fans in here, has THIS been discussed yet?

FYI this was found in the Mario Maker 2 direct, and the Mii looks similar to Irina from X, not to mention a Russian flag, which matches up to Irina’s Russian last name, Akulov

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I see what you’re trying to say. However, the only thing is that there really is no reason to expect that Smash was mentioned at this point.

It was a business decision to expand their options. To assume that Microsoft would “let Nintendo use Steve or Banjo” assumes that in the negotiations for the online collaboration and other games coming to Switch, that somebody said, “Hey, let’s talk about Smash” which doesn’t really fit the scope of the actual partnership.

At least it doesn’t to me. I could be wrong, but it seems like people are shoehorning Smash into it. I get that we’re all fans here, and we want to see Smash become the best it can be. But it seems to me at this point that, in the context of business dealings with other gaming companies, that’s all this was for Microsoft.

I don’t think it has anything to do with Smash, and I don’t think it ever did. I think that this is what happens when we as a fanbase scramble and look too deep into something.

But again, could just be me. Could they have made a deal? Yes. But I don’t think it was a part of the deal.
Could the Smash negotiations perhaps be separate from the other stuff?

A lot of times these things are done ahead of time, sometimes months before, and I find it possible that this other stuff was done separately, with Nintendo negotiating for a character once Sakurai told them he wanted one. It wouldn't be what instigated these deals or anything like that, but it could've been something that came up at some point.

Of course this is all hypothetically speaking, just, y'know.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So is the stupid google thing officially dead now, we won't have a Grinch 2.0 again?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Etrian Odyssey 4
-Bravely Default
-Bravely Second
-DQ VII
-Pokemon Diamond
-Pokemon Black
-Pokemon Black 2
-Pokemon Omega Ruby
-Pokemon Ultra Sun
-Wario Ware Gold
-Tomodachi Life
-SMT IV

Get Portrait of Ruin. While it's not my favourite CastleVania (Y'all know which one is), it's more accessible. Plus Richter's in it even if the US version of the game has a spelling error. Also get Ice Needle and Shuriken subweapons in the shop ASAP and watch the game crumble

D

Deleted member

SMW's desert theme is a Chocolate Island theme instead!

IMG_20190516_155151.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Hey so

X fans in here, has THIS been discussed yet?

FYI this was found in the Mario Maker 2 direct, and the Mii looks similar to Irina from X, not to mention a Russian flag, which matches up to Irina’s Russian last name, Akulov
7d0.jpg

Fam I want an X port or sequel as much as damn near anyone but if you reach any further for that you gonna just fall the **** in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom