• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
All that proves is that Microsoft is a polygamist. Banjo can be in both games.
I dunno about that. maybe nintendo doesn't like that.

fine you proved your point. you're sturdy.
You should be called Boulder rousness, cuz youre tough as rock ;)

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Just like Piranha Plant.
Buddy... Imma be real with you for a moment.

You can literally use that train of thought for any character that was mentioned in a text leak, not just Artorias.

That doesn't make him any more likely than any other plausible 3rd party character.

Am I saying that he definitely won't get in: no. But does that mean that he has any specifically going for him outside of general speculation: no.

D

Deleted member

I dunno about that. maybe nintendo doesn't like that.

fine you proved your point. you're sturdy.

You should be caled Boulder rousness, cuz your tough as rock ;)
I have been called that. It was so notorious on my last forum that people tried to canonize me as a rock for years.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see why it would mean anything in regards to Smash.

Nintendo is still partnering with them like the other companies they partner with, meaning a Smash character is still possible.

In regards to Banjo specifically, it's not the only thing people considered going for them at least, not from what I've seen.
It’s more significant than that in terms of fan speculation because people mainly worked off of this as if it was specifically Nintendo collaborating with Microsoft. Because of this “exclusive” partnership, the idea was that Sakurai/Nintendo would add a character to Smash.

This is when Steve and Banjo truly ramped up. Steve was originally (prior to Verg) mainly a meme pick. There was support, but nothing major. Then, the Microsoft news came up, and it became a major point that “Oh wow! Nintendo and Microsoft are working together, and those dudes said Steve is in!”

It’s a business decision by Microsoft, and I believe that’s all this is. The probability of it happening was mostly because it seemed like it was a special, targeted deal.

Granted, i’ve been saying it since this whole Microsoft thing started. Not everything that everyone does with Nintendo directly relates to Smash. This seems just like a business opportunity for Microsoft to branch out with their playerbase (they sell like **** in Japan) and build relationships.

That in itself does not mean Smash is suddenly getting a Microsoft character. Could it happen? Sure. But considering what they’re doing isn’t as exclusive as some thought, I don’t see why it would be seen as nearly as likely.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I have been called that. It was so notorious on my last forum that people tried to canonize me as a rock for years.

I see. Not sure what those other things are there. that supposed to be hair and a shirt?

Ah well, keep rock and rolling ;)

dezeray112

Smash Hero
So I watched Pokemon: Detective Pikachu at the cinema yesterday and I thought the film was OK, not bad or great. Whilst I do feel that it adapted very well to the source material especially with its impressive CGI elements, however I somewhat felt underwhelmed with the film's plot and some of the actors did not stood out (with the exception of Ryan Reynolds who nailed the role as Pikachu.)

I would say that Pokemon: Detective Pikachu is considered as one of the best video game adaptions I have seen so far, but it still has a lot more to be desired. Overall, I give the film between a 6.5 to 7/10.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Buddy... Imma be real with you for a moment.

You can literally use that train of thought for any character that was mentioned in a text leak, not just Artorias.

That doesn't make him any more likely than any other plausible 3rd party character.

Am I saying that he definitely won't get in: no. But does that mean that he has any specifically going for him outside of general speculation: no.
Buddy.... Imma be real with you for a moment.

I honestly don't give a flying ****.
I'm just in this for the fun of it all.

D

Deleted member

I see. Not sure what those other things are there. that supposed to be hair and a shirt?

Ah well, keep rock and rolling ;)
Oh yeah. Back in high school, I was going for some weird look where I parted my hair and wore a jacket everyday. It's horrible looking back on it.

IMG_56221.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh yeah. Back in high school, I was going for some weird look where I parted my hair and wore a jacket everyday. It's horrible looking back on it.
Nah that ain't bad or weird. (not that it's bad to be weird, cuz a lot of us are)
It explains the drawing enough tho ;p

Alright gotta go. yous keep havin' fun.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Buddy.... Imma be real with you for a moment.

I honestly don't give a flying ****.
I'm just in this for the fun of it all.
Buddy.... Imma be really real with you for a moment.

That's fair.

I just wanna get all the characters revealed so I can focus exclusively on ****posting/competitive play.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As I read an IGN article on the Sony x Microsoft thing, it doesn’t appear to be the same type of deal and Nintendo and Microsoft made. As in, their priorities are different. Some Xbox titles, and connection to Xbox Live functionality, are coming/have come to Switch.

However, this news with Sony basically just shows that their goal was to expand to all platforms in the first place. It wasn’t specifically Nintendo that was the target. It was a business strategy and that’s all it was.

Microsoft content makes it to the hot new portable console that sells real well in Japan, the market that Xbox struggles in, while Nintendo gets Xbox titles that can be played in the go and attract a few more buyers.

It doesn’t mean it has anything to do with Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, just like every other random text leak that came out real or false. Just because one turned out to be true, doesn't give credibility to all the rest.
No, but it does show that people shouldn't be so quick to denounce something just because it's from 4chan.

Admist all the bull**** lies a bunch of legit leaks within.
Are you not aware that the whole E3 presentation's content was stated there before it was officially announced? Not just the "Everyone is Here" part, but Daisy, Ridley, Bomberman being an AT, etc.?

So no, I'm not going to immediately deny the possibility of something being true just becsuse 4chan.
Is it likely false? Well yes, most things Smash related are. But this one has an expiration date, and I'm interested to see it through to the end because that's more fun than ****ing about the same boring **** we have been for months now with little to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom