• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

In terms of character reveals, I never get salty.
Anything they give me... I will be satisfied with.
Even Bubsy, and that character is stupid in a bad way.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Again, FNAF VR got delayed for the second time, but it really seems Scott is doing it so it can be the best it can be. Gotta respect the dedication he has to his games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do not know, I feel like Banjo has a higher chance than Steve.
You all know I want Minecraft in Smash Bros, and when you really want something, you might tend to worry too.
Well to be fair evidence has been leading towards Banjo's chances anyways but if Steve does get in instead I'll be happy for his supporters never the less and congrats them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
bold of you to assume we're getting two characters
I mean

E5 2015 had a dual reveal of Roy and Ryu, even if we (regrettably) knew of them beforehand. Year before that it was Palutena and PAC-MAN (and the Miis) and before THAT was Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer.

Plus, didn’t Sakurai tweet about Joker , character 2 and character 3 being worked on recently? Or was that during launch I don’t remember

But either way I think 2 may be the norm for E3 from here on out

Also, mind you Daisy and Ridley were announced during last E3, even though Daisy was technically an Echo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Let’s just say that the goggle theory ends up being false...who are you expecting the 2 characters to be revealed at e3?
Erdrick and Banjo. I used to think Steve but know I think it's a bit more likely to be Banjo.

Also think there's going to be a separate Smash Direct on June 9th, 2 days before the E3 Direct.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I do not know, I feel like Banjo has a higher chance than Steve.
You all know I want Minecraft in Smash Bros, and when you really want something, you might tend to worry too.
I think both are about equally as likely tbh

Imo, It all comes down to whether Sakurai wants to please the existing fans, or focus on creating some new ones

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I think both are about equally as likely tbh

Imo, It all comes down to whether Sakurai wants to please the existing fans, or focus on creating some new ones
I really don't see it that way TBH. Minecraft's base is well aware of Smash and are mostly likely Smash fans themselves.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Another reason I'm sure on Banjo is because picking him over other Microsoft reps would be pleasing the fans over popularity/money given he's been requested for as long as King K. Rool and Ridley.

But at the same time I'll keep an open mind there's still a chance Steve could get in over him. Better if we got both then it'd be win-win.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Let’s just say that the goggle theory ends up being false...who are you expecting the 2 characters to be revealed at e3?
I've been saying that for awhile now.

Anyway, Ederick and Jill. Callin' it.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
How would you feel if they ported Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora’s Mask 3D, Wind Walker HD, and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch in a Collection Pack?
I'd take it in a heartbeat. I'm curious how they'd go about porting the 3DS games to Switch, but all that in a collection would be amazing.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
and banjo's fanbase isn't?
Never said that dude. I just wanted to point that out.

And within a Smash context, I would say Banjo might be more popular but it's hard to tell. I think he's very likely if he was one of the top characters on the Ballot.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another reason I'm sure on Banjo is because picking him over other Microsoft reps would be pleasing the fans over popularity/money given he's been requested for as long as King K. Rool and Ridley.

But at the same time I'll keep an open mind there's still a chance Steve could get in over him. Better if we got both then it'd be win-win.
I really wouldn't compare Banjo to Ridley or K. Rool. Banjo was always the "wouldn't it be cool if" character. He wasn't seen as a genuine possibility until the ballot and the Phil Spencer tweet. It was only then that his support blew up.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really don't see it that way TBH. Minecraft's base is well aware of Smash and are mostly likely Smash fans themselves.
Minecraft has millions upon millions of fans though, far beyond what Smash has.
There's a lot of potential customers that don't have a Switch and/or Smash yet.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Poor Kazooie's sitting there like "I'm literally half the character guys".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Hell yeah, these are some great news.

There’s hope for the First Family.
Considering the first 2 games had DLC, this isn't a surprise.

Hell, when the first game did come out, DLC was still a fairly new concept but had it anyway. The FF seem like a solid choice for it if they aren't in base game. There's also other X-Men like Colossus or Rouge, or Spider-Man related characters like Carnage, Punisher, Black Cat ect.

Nightcrawler, appears in the game's cover.
There's Deadpool and technically Scarlet Witch too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Minecraft has millions upon millions of fans though, far beyond what Smash has.
There's a lot of potential customers that don't have a Switch and/or Smash yet.
in other words, just put yourself in the shoes of a businessman looking to 'reach out to audiences beyond smash' as stated in the shareholder discussion about the fighter's pass and consider which of these is a more attractive proposition towards meeting that goal

1558041472198.png

1558041532791.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Considering the first 2 games had DLC, this isn't a surprise.

Hell, when the first game did come out, DLC was still a fairly new concept but had it anyway. The FF seem like a solid choice for it if they aren't in base game. There's also other X-Men like Colossus or Rouge, or Spider-Man related characters like Carnage, Punisher, Black Cat ect.

There's Deadpool and technically Scarlet Witch too.
I mentioned the possibility of SW to finish the quartet with Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Storm (although she is mostly related to the Brotherhood and the Avengers). Legit I forgot about Deadpool due to the number of teams he has belonged to.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Poor Kazooie's sitting there like "I'm literally half the character guys".
I mean, most of the moves barring a jab and dash attack would probably involve Kazooie.

Clearly the preferable choice is Fulgore, who does everything himself and doesn't hog the glory.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mentioned the possibility of SW to finish the quartet with Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Storm (although she is mostly related to the Brotherhood and the Avengers). Legit I forgot about Deadpool due to the number of teams he has belonged to.
I want to say she joined the X-Men at least once. I know Magneto, Mystique and Sabretooth had all at one point or another.

Deadpool's been on the X-Men briefly, but it's mostly him on X-Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom