• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If we actually got Amaterasu of all the Capcom choices I'd be pretty hyped.

One I love Japanese Mythology and two it'd be cool to see a quadrupedal character since :ultduckhunt:and:ultivysaur:are the only ones so more would be a pleasure.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It's weird how they skipped RE6 and made RE7 instead.
I think that skipping to 7 like how Microsoft skipped windows 9 was one of their Revelations

The one guy who always asks if they have cake from Arthur was confirmed to be gay today
the who

does he dead*** not have a name

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think both Leon and Jill would be great choices, both offer a little bit of everything. I would like if RE gets in Smash, the stage would be Raccoon City so that the other one that doesn't make it can get in later.
To be honest, best case scenario for me is that they find a happy medium with their model sizes, and then make them an alt of each other. So 4 costumes are Jill, 4 are Leon.

As long as it isn't awkward looking, it seems to me as if they could pull it off. They might end up with a more masculine looking Jill or a more feminine looking Leon, but those two are effectively the only practical combo of the three that could work. Chris is far too swole.

D

Deleted member

So uh

The one guy who always asks if they have cake from Arthur was confirmed to be gay today

can I just say I called it tho like the minute I first saw him on the show I thought “there is no way this dude is straight lul”
Are we talking about the Arthur from the cartoon? The furry one, I don't remember what animel he was.
Also, who is the cake guy? And didn't that show end long ago?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I haven't even seen much of RE5, but I have heard legends of the ham this guy pulls. And eggs.
And you will do your part proper.
tumblr_ot73y9nw801stmf9go2_500.jpg

You see, considering Resident Evil has such unique gameplay and ridiculously over the top storylines, it just has to be in Smash!

No, really. If Dante doesn't get in (considering the timing of the DMC 1 port and the fact that ports have never resulted in characters getting added), sure Sakurai could go for the wacky unexpected pick of like, Amaterasu or Phoenix Wright. But I just can't help but feel that not adding Resident Evil kinda sorta maybe leaves a gaping hole in the "everyone is here!" aspect. That may be biased, as some folks might think Phoenix Wright or Amaterasu fit that better. But it just seems...different.

Like, the iconic designs, the genre defining gameplay, the fact that it's such a huge series in general...like, how could you not add Jill or Leon at this point? Especially after you give Joker a gun?

Leon especially would be a meme machine, just with his dodging, suplexes, and roundhouse kicks. I would prefer Jill, just because she's one of the most iconic female lead characters in gaming. It's not that Leon isn't iconic, but...I just feel like a female pick would be nice for a change, as shallow as that may seem.
I'm gonna stop you right there, Chief Jones. As far as Capcom is concerned, they have so many icons to choose from that it's nearly impossible NOT to have an empty feeling due to a missing Capcom rep.

My sig has 4 characters from different Capcom franchises. That alone speaks volumes of their influence on gaming pop-culture. Not seeing any of them has me like...
DsF5OXdVAAACIc6.jpeg.jpg

"This roster is great, but it'd be a solid 12/10 if it had Strider and Dante and a dozen more Capcom characters. **** like that, y'know?"

If we get a Resident Evil rep though, I have several friends who'd get super stoked. I'd react to that as fondly as with Joker's announcement.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If we actually got Amaterasu of all the Capcom choices I'd be pretty hyped.

One I love Japanese Mythology and two it'd be cool to see a quadrupedal character since :ultduckhunt:and:ultivysaur:are the only ones so more would be a pleasure.
Ammy is such an underated pick. She stands out in terms of character design and has tons of abilities to draw from. Use a sword for her Smash Attacks, mirror and beads for her tilts and aerials and divine brush skills for her specials.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'm gonna stop you right there, Chief Jones. As far as Capcom is concerned, they have so many icons to choose from that it's nearly impossible NOT to have an empty feeling due to a missing Capcom rep.
Why don't we just have a Nintendo vs Capcom game? That would solve your problem pretty easily.

I know it's not Smash, but a NVC would be pretty cool.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
And you will do your part proper.
View attachment 219730

My sig has 4 characters from different Capcom franchises. That alone speaks volumes of their influence on gaming pop-culture. Not seeing any of them has me like...
View attachment 219731
"This roster is great, but it'd be a solid 12/10 if it had Strider and Dante and a dozen more Capcom characters. **** like that, y'know?"

If we get a Resident Evil rep though, I have several friends who'd get super stoked. I'd react to that as fondly as with Joker's announcement.
Oh I believe it. The only thing is that if we can rule certain ones out, like Dante (unfortunately), then the choices get slimmer and slimmer. If it comes down to getting one Capcom character, frankly there isn't anything bigger that isn't already in Smash than Resident Evil.

Monster Hunter doesn't have a character, and has arguably become their biggest. But it's got some good stuff, and has the potential to get the Mii Fighter costume back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So uh

can I just say I called it tho like the minute I first saw him on the show I thought “there is no way this dude is straight lul”
I'm surprised that series is still going and still appear on the news, never watched it.
To be honest, best case scenario for me is that they find a happy medium with their model sizes, and then make them an alt of each other. So 4 costumes are Jill, 4 are Leon.

As long as it isn't awkward looking, it seems to me as if they could pull it off. They might end up with a more masculine looking Jill or a more feminine looking Leon, but those two are effectively the only practical combo of the three that could work. Chris is far too swole.
Best scenario would be one as an echo of the other, with slightly different builds.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
If Sword and Shield were to introduce a new type, what would you want it to be?
Light Type.

They should've ****ing done it in X/Y but instead they added Fairy Type like ****ing idiots.

All the types represent some sort of element or animal, but Fairy? The **** is a Fairy? And why can that beat Dragon Types???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:
-Fighter: Knight Artorias
-Stage: Anor Londo
-Dark Souls music and Spirits

Mii Costume Pack 2 will have at least the following:
-Lloyd Irving Outfit and Wig
-Gil Outfit and Helmet
-Solaire of Astora Outfit and Helmet

No Heihachi Outfit and Wig. That will be released alongside the Jacky and Akira sets later.

Give me a punishment if this doesn't happen next month.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
If Sword and Shield were to introduce a new type, what would you want it to be?
Umm... not sure of what other types they can go with...

I guess... Light... or Sound, I guess?

I'd say something along the lines of Angel/Demon, but Fairy/Dark kinda has that covered...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Light Type.

They should've ****ing done it in X/Y but instead they added Fairy Type like ****ing idiots.

All the types represent some sort of element or animal, but Fairy? The **** is a Fairy?

Fairy represents magic and folktales, like Ghost represents supernatural entities.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

No Heihachi Outfit and Wig. That will be released alongside the Jacky and Akira sets later.

Stop maining Incineroar for the next 365 days if you don't get this prediction right. :seuss:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Looking at it sales-wise, Resident Evil is Capcom's biggest selling franchise.

At least to me anyway, it is pretty obvious which Capcom newcomer will be picked by Sakurai next, should the scenario happen.
If sales mattered, why did it take Mega Man, Street Fighter, AND Monster Hunter to be featured in Smash before Resident Evil got anything?

Hint: Sales didn't influence decisions on DLC characters in the past, so why use it as evidence now?

Shroob

Sup?
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon you got a soul here for sale

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

100% DK64

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All the types represent some sort of element or animal, but Fairy? The **** is a Fairy?
Psychic, Ghost, Fighting and Dragon don't represent elements. Neither does "dark", which is the "evil" or "bad" type in Japanese. It makes sense to have a type for mischievous spirits from folklore.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Honestly, having never played Dark Souls I'm not really sure what they'd do with the moveset to make it especially unique.

However, that seems to me like the most "surprise pick" that could be pulled off at this point. If that's the Namco pick, and we don't get another Namco pick aside from that, then I would likely be able to deal. I'd be sad about no getting Lloyd, but what can you do?

Although...the worst part would be that in order to maintain my ritual of playing every series in Smash that would mean that...I would have to play Dark Souls.
Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 9.32.44 PM.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

Time to get the popcorn...

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, having never played Dark Souls I'm not really sure what they'd do with the moveset to make it especially unique.

However, that seems to me like the most "surprise pick" that could be pulled off at this point. If that's the Namco pick, and we don't get another Namco pick aside from that, then I would likely be able to deal. I'd be sad about no getting Lloyd, but what can you do?

Although...the worst part would be that in order to maintain my ritual of playing every series in Smash that would mean that...I would have to play Dark Souls.
View attachment 219734
Jones y u play bab gaem, y u no dai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom