• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Currently working on a HG sim that will be done in the HG thread.

No tribute requests (it is a smaller affairs game), but I will run a 36 tribute run Wednesday and start taking tribute requests that morning. As I will be working, please tag me when making your requests as I may not see them.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:
-Fighter: Knight Artorias
-Stage: Anor Londo
-Dark Souls music and Spirits

Mii Costume Pack 2 will have at least the following:
-Lloyd Irving Outfit and Wig
-Gil Outfit and Helmet
-Solaire of Astora Outfit and Helmet

No Heihachi Outfit and Wig. That will be released alongside the Jacky and Akira sets later.

Give me a punishment if this doesn't happen next month.
Out of curiosity, why have Anor Londo be Artorias’ stage? The grave in Darkroot, the Royal Wood, or even the chasm where you fight Manus make more sense as far as stages for Artorias go.

I get that Anor Londo is iconic but Artorias isn’t really that related to it, and is long dead by the time the player gets there.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

No Heihachi Outfit and Wig. That will be released alongside the Jacky and Akira sets later.

Artorias would actually be so cool.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aeon Calcos MOFO!!! :yoshi:
There’s a guy on the Killer Instinct Forums who goes by justathereptile. You two would get along well.

Bold prediction time.
Fighter Pack 2:

-Gil Outfit and Helmet

This pack is coming. But it’s pack 4. Not pack 2

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wanna play dark souls and many things that are multiplat on the switch but the problem is that the switch versions are usually ugly as **** or play like ****, usually both

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It has more to do with, like, the grotto level for instance, which people have hammered on to drive the point in.

You got multiple paths that you all have to explore with a different Kong, but at the end of said paths are obstacles that you need different Kongs for and collectables even more Kongs need to get. You effectively have to explore each area 4-5 times with each Kong, which is a ton of padding when the option to just switch would have made things seemless.

When you make a collectathon, you want things to be scattered in ways that lead the player to points of interest, not "Okay we're going to put 5 Chunky bananas here, then 2 Balloons for DK here, and a Kremling for Tiny here, and to get everything you need to hit the tag barrel back in the central hub."
True that, I can see why that bothered a lot of people and why removing the tag barrel in favor for switching seamlessly would be better.

But for me personally, it just added to the fun part for me encouraging exploring the large areas for longer periods of time. And plus since I know where most of the items are, it's easier for me to do.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Anyone who think a girl like that is thicc, is a weak man.
They're too busy going ham over the skin being fatter than the clothes they wear like with kneesocks

homie I think that just means they're **** at clothes shopping

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly I really hope that “leak” or Artorias, Doomguy, Ryu Hyabusa and Banjo Kazooie is legit. It would be amazing, even if it meant Erdrick wasn’t playable.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I really hope that “leak” or Artorias, Doomguy, Ryu Hyabusa and Banjo Kazooie is legit. It would be amazing, even if it meant Erdrick wasn’t playable.
It most likely isn't, but by all means dream on.

I don't like to stop people from having fun.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It most likely isn't, but by all means dream on.

I don't like to stop people from having fun.
Oh I know it’s probably not real but damn if I don’t think Dark Souls, Doom, Ninja Gaiden and Banko-Kazooie don’t deserve playable characters in the dlc.

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, why have Anor Londo be Artorias’ stage? The grave in Darkroot, the Royal Wood, or even the chasm where you fight Manus make more sense as far as stages for Artorias go.

I get that Anor Londo is iconic but Artorias isn’t really that related to it, and is long dead by the time the player gets there.
Because the stage is for Dark Souls, not Artorias specifically.

Calane

Smash Ace
Everyone would be hyped, but I'd be over here looking like this:

256970.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just want to say that no matter what happens with any leak, those who expected their wanted characters so much will likely be so disappointed they'll probably rage since they expected them so much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone who think a girl like that is thicc, is a weak man.
Preach
No Scorpion or Sub Zero = No more dlc hype thanks to Joker stealing it all

Though I’d be happy for those who got to be with Banjo Kazooie once more

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One thing I think is hard to argue against is RE2make being the best in the franchise.

Like, there's definitely preferences and that'll always be a cause for people thinking one RE is better than another but RE2 is a Resident Evil game that every fan can enjoy. It's got the third person shooter mentalities of the later games but the survival horror and puzzle solving of the earlier titles.

Games damn near perfect for a Resident Evil game.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ooo.

I'd root for Pika in NWC. Triply so if it's Libre. Feel like either Incineroar or Wolf would take it if it's every man for himself, but if the faces worked together or the heels focused too much on each other it sounds like a pretty open shot.

I can't fathom anyone but Dark Samus taking the SSB Women's unless Jiggs' Rest is a real threat.

GENONE is gonna clean up the Openweight Trios. The only way a team-up between Bowser and Waluigi is gonna end on that card is with one shoved inside the other like the prison scene outta Hancock.

Who's Leaf again?

And I'm in for hearing backstories. Fire away.

Yes, it's contagious.

I'm keeping quarantined.
Libre is in the women's division, but I may end up making an intergender championship at some point. For this one, Pikachu and Link are the faces while Wolf and Incineroar are the heels

Leaf is the female Pokemon Trainer.

Nintendo World Championship - Incineroar won the tournament to become the inaugural champion in December, beating King Dedede after King K. Rool turned on his long time ally to side with Incineroar. The two fueled, yet Incineroar came on top. Pikachu started feeling uneasy towards the champion due to his bullying so Pikachu took a stand to fight for others. The two battled months ago, with Incineroar retaining his title once again with help from K. Rool. Link and Wolf won random fatal 4 way matches to also fight for the championship match. The faces won their tag team match against the heels tonight, but stared each other down knowing that they will fight each other this Sunday.

SSB Intercontiental Championship - Ganondorf is obsessed with this belt. Literally obsessed. Already having multiple title reigns, Ganondorf is aiming to become the person who have the most title reigns in the Intercontinental Championship history. Losing to Ryu, the former champion, Ganondorf was unable to challenge for the Intercontinental Championship for awhile...until Sonic won the belt. Ganondorf took no time laying out the newly crowned champion and telling him the belt is coming back home.

Roy/Lucario (c) vs dWo (Duck Hunt/Maximus Azrael) - SSB Tag Team Championships

dWo (dogs World order) contains the following stablemates: Wolf O'Donnell, the leader, Duck Hunt Dog, and Maximus Azrael, a Arcanine/German Shepherd mixed (it's an original character for this, just go with it). the 3 won the Openweight Trios Tag Championships and held them until the Phantom Thieves dethrone the former champions. They decided to bully Roy and Lucario, the current Tag Team Champions, by playing numbers games. They won a number one contenders matchup and will face the champions. But Luigi and Yoshi (Lean Green Machines), are also in the title hunt. If they win their non-title match up against the champions tomorrow on Smackdown, Luigi and Yoshi will be added to the match up, making this a triple threat tag team match

SSB North American Championship - Leon Bryant and Simon Belmont were fighting each other to become the inaugural champion at the Smash Rumble back in January, with Belmont being the winner. Leon, who is a Smackdown fighter at the moment, kept coming over to Raw and the two feuded through the months, with Simon even retaining the championship at Ultimate Mania on March 31st. Leon decided that he wants to go one last time against the champion to win the championship and under one condition...if Leon loses, he will not be able to go for the championship again until it changes hands, which could be soon or a very long time.

SSB Women's Championship - Jigglypuff won the Women's Smash Rumble in January, and went on to win the Women's Championship from Impa at Ultimate Mania. Impa decided to wait on her rematch clause, and Coco won a Women's Battle Royale at Ultimate Mania, picking any championship she wants to go for within a 3 month time frame. Coco wasted no time laying out the champion, telling her she is aiming for the championship this Sunday.

Dark Samus, just finishing up a feud against the Women's Trio Tag Champions, The Beautiful Athletes (Samus, Bayonetta, Wii Fit Trainer), decided to get herself back on track for the Women's Championship, even winning a match to determine who will face Jigglypuff before Coco came out announcing she will be facing the champion. Rumble Roses General Manager, Cream the Rabbit, came out and told Coco and Dark Samus there will be a match up that night. If Dark Samus wins, the match will become a triple threat match, which happened as Dark Samus defeated Coco to make the match official.

Mario vs Bowser Jr (c) - Coin Fight match for the SSB Coin Championship - Mario has been around since the very beginning and always aimed for various titles: world titles, secondary titles, tag titles...even won the Mixed Tag Team Championship at some point. But there was one title Mario always wanted to win but never did since the title established in 2007...the Coin Championships. Mario decided to step down from gunning for the world championship for awhile after feeing depressed he couldn't win the Nintendo World Championship and settle on the Coin Championship. The champion, Junior, took this as a surprise and ignored Mario's request for a match. The Raw General Manager forced the two to complete at Smash Rumble, with Junior coming out victorious. Mario wanted another match feeling that he will win it. Mario defeated Junior in a non-title match up on Raw, granting a championship opportunity at Ultimate Mania, where Mario finally achieved his dream of winning the Coin Championship. But the celebration as short lived as Junior involved his rematch clause a week later on Raw and won the championship back. Mario, more determined than ever, decided that he will complete against Junior in a Coin Fight match for the championship.

Ken and Ryu vs The Young Guns (Sunny Young and Ivan Young) - The Young Guns (original characters of mine) wanted to spark up the Raw Tag Team division, and they made an impact on their first night defeating the Street Fighter duo. Since then, the two teams traded wins back and forth in singles and tag team matches. In order to end the feud of 5 wins each, they decided to settle it once and for all this Sunday to mark who the better team is.

GENONE (Alakazam, Tauros, Electabuzz) vs The Phantom Thieves (Morgana, Waluigi, Bowser) w/Joker (c) - SSB Openweight Trios Tag Championship - Probably the most random stable in awhile, Morgana and Junior teamed up awhile ago ganging up on Mario and his friends. Waluigi, who is on Raw as Wario is on Smackdown, decided to take matters into his own hands and beating up Luigi, joining the two heels. Bowser was then added to the group thanks to Jr.'s begging allowing them to dominate in their matches and replaced Jr in the championship matchup, which they won and won the Openweight Trios Tag Championship. They were soon joined by Joker, who was called up from the developmental brand and the five became a dominat stable. The five mega heels continued to bully their way throughout Raw, Smackdown, and Velocity as this title is unique to any brand as long as the people involved are in a tag team or stable.

But a mysterious trio soon came out and laid out the champions outta nowhere...Alakazam, Tauros, and Electabuzz. They were tired of hearing younger fighters complaining about things, which irritated Morgana and set up a fight. GENONE beat the champions in a non-title match tonight, and were granted a championship opportunity this Sunday. Will the Champions retain, or will their reign fall apart before it even starts?

Squirtle vs Miles "Tails" Prower - No solid backstory here, but Tails defeated Squirtle by using the dirty roll up pin to win the match. Squritle wants a rematch and the two will settle it this Sunday.

The Beautiful Athletes (Samus Aran, Bayonetta, Wii Fit Trainer) vs Daisy, Isabelle, Leaf - SSB Women's Trio Tag Championship - The former champions, Daisy, Isabelle, and Leaf, wanting to involke their rematch clause against the new champions. The Beautiful Athletes (TBA) played numerous mind games, only to be blindsided by mind games from the former champions. Both teams traded victories in singles and tag matches. It will all settle down to who is the better team: a strong unit stable, or a stable of new fighters who joined the fray in Ultimate.

Megaman vs Blaziken - Random filler match up here, but Megaman and Blaziken had issues when they lost two weeks straight in tag team matches. The two took it out on one another by settling it in a match, only to end in a draw. They both decided to fight again this Sunday to see who the better man is.

Pit vs King K Rool - Ever since Link won a #1 Contenders match to qualify for the Nintendo World Championship match up, King K Rool and Pit began a feud after King K Rool costed Pit a match. Pit returned the favor and the two brawled. Both Singles and Tag Team matches, the two kept going at it so a match this Sunday will settle things between the two.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
At this point I don't really care which one comes true, since I don't care about most of the characters on the Google leak or Erdrick.

Banjo would be only the positive, but in the case of the Google leak, I'm not sure I'd be happy w/ the pass overall.

But that's just me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The plot twist is that Artorias will be Saber
image.png

He's a great choice for a Fire Emblem newcomer. Plus since Keith Silverstein voices both Saber and Simon, they wouldn't need to get a new voice actor.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I still feel like this google leak was made to mess with people who are kinda bummed that Erdrick seems to be the next character. They see this leak that offers them something much better in their eyes, and flock toward it like a bunch of moths to a lamp.

This is getting very close to the Grinch Leak, that it's actually terrifying.

Now all we need is bigger coverage, and prolific people and insiders saying it's fake, causing a massive outcry among the people who want to believe it, then it'd be a perfect match

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
My next HG is Ret 2 Go! But it will be exclusive to the HG thread. Only because it exists and the title of that thread says "Summer Retreat". It's near summer so close enough.

But I shall leave a cast preview here:

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 11.08.41 PM.png

See y'all over there!

D

Deleted member

This is basically how Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 went, right?
Yondu: Do you see me as a father figure, Quill?
Starlord: No. If anything I see you as a bother figure, because you're always bothering me.
Rocket: Hey, show your father some respect.
Starlord: I didn't call him dad.
Yondu: No, no. Quill, I take it as a compliment.
Drax: It's not a big deal. I called my wife mom once.
Starlord: Guys, jump on that. Drax has psycho-sexual issues.
Gamora: Old news. But you calling Holt daddy.
Starlord: Hey, daddy is not on the table here.
Nebula: Well, you did call him dad, dude.
Starlord: You shut up. You've done nothing but lie since you got here.
Nebula: Okay, I was lying about the hold-up, but the daddy thing, that happened.
Starlord: Ah-ha. She admitted the alibi was a lie. All part of my crazy, devious plan.
Yondu: I believed you-
Starlord: Thank you.
Yondu: -son. You want to talk about it later over a game of catch?
Starlord: I'd like that.
The plot twist is that Artorias will be Saber
Me: "Haha imagine if it's actually Saber?"
Me, 2 seconds later remembering they insist on localizing her True Name as Altria:
Screenshot_20190501-234404.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still feel like this google leak was made to mess with people who are kinda bummed that Erdrick seems to be the next character. They see this leak that offers them something much better in their eyes, and flock toward it like a bunch of moths to a lamp.

Now all we need is bigger coverage, and prolific people and insiders saying it's fake, causing a massive outcry among the people who want to believe it, then it'd be a perfect match
That's not gonna happen.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yeah... not sure I want another Grinch leak scenario. Rather not deal w/ all the **** that comes with that.

Plus I'd probably be on team neutral... again. And just like the Box Theory vs. Grinch Leak, I would either gain very little or absolutely nothing.

Honestly, why do I even bother speculating at this point...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The good news is that we're under a month from E3, and it's entirely possible that we get a Smash presentation before the main Nintendo presentation. If Erdrick gets announced (which I believe he will), that kills off the Google leak and leaves us back at square one in terms of not knowing who is coming next.

Then again, I also think it's possible that they announce Erdrick to be released the day of the presentation, and then the reveal of Fighter 3 to be released at a later date.

Pulling for Leon or Jill.

I also know next to nothing about Dark Souls, but I would think they'd add the Chosen Undead before a DLC boss.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah... not sure I want another Grinch leak scenario. Rather not deal w/ all the **** that comes with that.

Plus I'd probably be on team neutral... again. And just like the Box Theory vs. Grinch Leak, I would either gain very little or absolutely nothing.

Honestly, why do I even bother speculating at this point...
Entire last 11 months summed up right here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. What do you think of this

1. Superman
  2. Batman
  3. Wonder Woman
  4. Flash
  5. Green Lantern
  6. Aquaman
  7. Martian Manhunter
  8. Hawkgirl
  9. Cyborg
  10. Shazam
  11. Plastic Man
  12. Green Arrow
  13. Black Canary
  14. Atom
  15. Zatanna
  16. Blue Beetle
  17. Firestorm
  18. Robin/Nightwing
  19. Booster Gold
  20. Raven
  21. Beast Boy
  22. Starfire
  23. Black Lightning
  24. Sideways
  25. DLC
    1. Swamp Thing
    2. John Constantine
    3. Dr. Fate
    4. Etrigan the Demon
    5. Orion
    6. Mr. Miracle
    7. Big Barda
    8. Icon
    9. Hardware
    10. Static

1. Metropolis
  2. Fortress of Solitude
  3. Gotham City
  4. The Batcave
  5. Arkham Assylum
  6. Themyscira
  7. Gorilla City
  8. Planet Oa
  9. Atlantis
  10. The Watchtower
  11. The Rock of Eternity
  12. Jump City
  13. Apokalpis

1. Lex Luthor
  2. The Inmates of Arkham Assylum
    1. The Joker
    2. Harley Quinn
    3. The Penguin
    4. Two-Face
    5. Killer Croc
    6. Clatface
    7. Poison Ivy
    8. Mr. Freeze
  3. Cheetah (Ares Powered)
  4. Gorilla Grodd
  5. Sinestro
  6. Ocean Master
  7. Black Adam
  8. Vandal Savage
  9. Despero
  10. Darkseid

The good news is that we're under a month from E3, and it's entirely possible that we get a Smash presentation before the main Nintendo presentation. If Erdrick gets announced (which I believe he will), that kills off the Google leak and leaves us back at square one in terms of not knowing who is coming next.

Then again, I also think it's possible that they announce Erdrick to be released the day of the presentation, and then the reveal of Fighter 3 to be released at a later date.

Pulling for Leon or Jill.

I also know next to nothing about Dark Souls, but I would think they'd add the Chosen Undead before a DLC boss.
Artorias is a very popular boss character. Plus, Chosen Undead is a generic avatar with no set abilities. It’s too open ended. It’s like Dohvakin. It’s next to impossible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom