• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Oh wow. There's a new Did You Know Gaming? out and it just so happens to be about one of the best games ever made: Resident Evil 4. And it's narrated by none other than the Tots Woz Tots Woz worshipped Scott the Woz.

D

Deleted member

Oh wow. There's a new Did You Know Gaming? out and it just so happens to be about one of the best games ever made: Resident Evil 4. And it's narrated by none other than the Tots Woz Tots Woz worshipped Scott the Woz.
I tried watching this, and it said it needed to get my permission to use cookies, so I refreshed it and now it isn’t asking?

Iridium

Smash Hero
So just a question I had on my mind: what’re some cool/unique dual typing that not many or any Pokémon have but you want to see used more for future Pokémon?
A bit late to this, but Electric/Dark. In fact, none have this as of right now.

I would want something like this.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I wanted him in Injustice 2’s DLC

That’s a lot of interesting types, I appreciate all the responses! Are you guys interested in debating some ideas for Pokémon with these types?
Dark/Fairy opens itself to tons of Fairy Tale creatures. Goblins, cruel Fairies, Ogres. I wanna see the folklore side of fairy type explored.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
So just a question I had on my mind: what’re some cool/unique dual typing that not many or any Pokémon have but you want to see used more for future Pokémon?
Guess I'm late answering this too.

But I'd be down for a Dark/Fairy Pokemon.

Or another Ghost/Dragon / Fighting/Dragon Pokemon.

But especially Dark/Fairy.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You can't criticize resi4, it SAVED THE FRANCHISE. If it SAVED THE FRANCHISE you are legally obligated to like it no matter what.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, I do think Resident Evil as a series is one of the best. I personally feel as if it’s a natural progression of the ridiculousness of zombies, and the fact that people who have experience fighting them would obviously have better fire power they more experienced they get.

I can see why some folks don’t see Resident Evil 4 as the “best” in the series, considering the origins of it were much more survival horror. This is only partly true of Resident Evil 4, considering Leon can carry a ****ing briefcase that can fit like 16 weapons, 10 grenades, and some healing items. It feels far less scary to have better weapons to protect yourself. However, RE4 is incredibly excellent gameplay wise. There’s a reason why it’s so highly rated. It just isn’t like the 3 games that came before it.

Like I just finished chapter 1 of Revelations 2, and while i’m not scared necessarily, it adds tension knowing your ammo is limited and that you don’t know the enemies as well.

I mean, i’d honestly say both Resident Evil 1 and 4 are worthy of being among the “greatest” of all time, simply for different reasons.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
What's wong?

Don't you wike Wesident Eviw Fouw?
*grumble*

It's an influential game with enough historical merit to be called one of the defining games of that console generation.

It is also looked upon through rose-tinted glasses that obscure all of its faults and unjustly compare it to later and earlier games as an ideal rather than as the work itself.

RE4 is the Ocarina of Time of Resident Evil. It's fine. I like it. It's not the best but everyone thinks it is.

[/rant]

Noipoi

Howdy!
*grumble*

It's an influential game with enough historical merit to be called one of the defining games of that console generation.

It is also looked upon through rose-tinted glasses that obscure all of its faults and unjustly compare it to later and earlier games as an ideal rather than as the work itself.

RE4 is the Ocarina of Time of Resident Evil. It's fine. I like it. It's not the best but everyone thinks it is.

[/rant]
Awwight, I undewstand.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Ah yes

I’ve never played RE. Most exposure I had was watching RE7 twice and watching Kizuna AI play part of RE2.

So what I’m gathering is that I should play 4 and base all of my perception of the series on that one

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Dark/Fairy opens itself to tons of Fairy Tale creatures. Goblins, cruel Fairies, Ogres. I wanna see the folklore side of fairy type explored.
Oh id love to have Pokemon based on actual fae creatures. Personally I'd love to have a pokemon based on a Redcap, little murdermen who wear a hat stained red from their victims and trudge around in big iron boots.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Oh id love to have Pokemon based on actual fae creatures. Personally I'd love to have a pokemon based on a Redcap, little murdermen who wear a hat stained red from their victims and trudge around in big iron boots.
Curious as to how you could factor something like that into Pokémon lore...

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
A want a Dragon/Fairy that combines cool with cute. They'd also have a purple/pink dual-type color combination, which would be kino too.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Curious as to how you could factor that into Pokémon lore...
Eh they could probably alter some of the details, such as the actual blood stained cap it could just have a red hat design. I just want a goblinoid pokemon, I mainly chose the Red Cap since they are distinctly an English folklore creation which is what the Galar region is based on.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Imma be going to a convention this weekend. It's sure to be fun.

Gonna get my brothers copy of Persona 3 signed by Vic mignogna. That'll be neat.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I mean, I do think Resident Evil as a series is one of the best. I personally feel as if it’s a natural progression of the ridiculousness of zombies, and the fact that people who have experience fighting them would obviously have better fire power they more experienced they get.

I can see why some folks don’t see Resident Evil 4 as the “best” in the series, considering the origins of it were much more survival horror. This is only partly true of Resident Evil 4, considering Leon can carry a ****ing briefcase that can fit like 16 weapons, 10 grenades, and some healing items. It feels far less scary to have better weapons to protect yourself. However, RE4 is incredibly excellent gameplay wise. There’s a reason why it’s so highly rated. It just isn’t like the 3 games that came before it.

Like I just finished chapter 1 of Revelations 2, and while i’m not scared necessarily, it adds tension knowing your ammo is limited and that you don’t know the enemies as well.

I mean, i’d honestly say both Resident Evil 1 and 4 are worthy of being among the “greatest” of all time, simply for different reasons.
RE4 fundamentally changed RE by a gameplay standpoint that is for some reason praised as wonderful specifically for RE4, but chided for RE5 and RE6.

In classic RE, every BOW you kill is a choice. You have X amount of resources at any time, so choosing where to go and what to kill versus what to avoid is the very basis of the game. There's a risk/reward factor that other games with guns typically lack that makes the game different.

RE4, by comparison, does not have that. There are no branching paths or risk/reward decisions. You simply walk forward to the next corridor or battle area, kill everything in it, and continue on; often those battle areas actually won't let you continue until you kill every last thing in it. You're not punished for expending ammo; you're rewarded for it with more ammo.

The opening scene where Los Ganados infinitely spawn and you're forced to run and hide, and the beginning of the hospital where you're unable to fight back against the Regenerators are the only parts of the game that uniquely translate oldschool RE into modern gameplay. The rest is just a shooter. Which is fine, but here's my issue: RE5 followed the exact same blueprint for its gameplay, but now it's suddenly "just a shooter" while RE4 is still praised as "horror". It's not. It's a shooter with a dark color pallet.

The co-op and the inventory are the only major changes to the formula, and they attempt to cancel each other out. Having real-time inventory management makes combat more stressful than RE4's pause-briefcase mechanic, but having a partner-- particularly a human partner-- relieves stress because you have someone to fall back on, much like a Gears of War game. Otherwise, RE5 is RE4 again. It's ridiculous, B-movie action camp trying to pretend it's horror, only RE5 offers you more options to kill and more ways to play. But Chris punching a boulder is ridiculed while Leon doing this:

isn't.

I'm not at all arguing RE5 is better (though my bias toward it probably shows). But the universal praise for one game and the universal 'meh' toward the other when they're the same ****ing game is what irritates me about RE4.

D

Deleted member

I think Nowpoi is twying to teww us that he's a fuwwy.
I thought you said "funny" and I was thinking, "Oh, Noipoi is funny.", but I was not thinking that funny in terms of strange, like "He is a funny one.".
I know what you mean now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Eh they could probably alter some of the details, such as the actual blood stained cap it could just have a red hat design. I just want a goblinoid pokemon, I mainly chose the Red Cap since they are distinctly an English folklore creation which is what the Galar region is based on.
Maybe it could be a Pokémon that steals healing items from trainers and douses them on it’s head or something it wears on it’s head. It could have different cap colors depending on what it last stole...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
RE4 fundamentally changed RE by a gameplay standpoint that is for some reason praised as wonderful specifically for RE4, but chided for RE5 and RE6.

In classic RE, every BOW you kill is a choice. You have X amount of resources at any time, so choosing where to go and what to kill versus what to avoid is the very basis of the game. There's a risk/reward factor that other games with guns typically lack that makes the game different.

RE4, by comparison, does not have that. There are no branching paths or risk/reward decisions. You simply walk forward to the next corridor or battle area, kill everything in it, and continue on; often those battle areas actually won't let you continue until you kill every last thing in it. You're not punished for expending ammo; you're rewarded for it with more ammo.

The opening scene where Los Ganados infinitely spawn and you're forced to run and hide, and the beginning of the hospital where you're unable to fight back against the Regenerators are the only parts of the game that uniquely translate oldschool RE into modern gameplay. The rest is just a shooter. Which is fine, but here's my issue: RE5 followed the exact same blueprint for its gameplay, but now it's suddenly "just a shooter" while RE4 is still praised as "horror". It's not. It's a shooter with a dark color pallet.

The co-op and the inventory are the only major changes to the formula, and they attempt to cancel each other out. Having real-time inventory management makes combat more stressful than RE4's pause-briefcase mechanic, but having a partner-- particularly a human partner-- relieves stress because you have someone to fall back on, much like a Gears of War game. Otherwise, RE5 is RE4 again. It's ridiculous, B-movie action camp trying to pretend it's horror, only RE5 offers you more options to kill and more ways to play. But Chris punching a boulder is ridiculed while Leon doing this:

isn't.

I'm not at all arguing RE5 is better (though my bias toward it probably shows). But the universal praise for one game and the universal 'meh' toward the other when they're the same ****ing game is what irritates me about RE4.
okay but RE7 tho

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
okay but RE7 tho
RE7's great. A little too simple and straightforward once you've beaten it once, but it was a good return to mechanics that make RE unique.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
RE7's great. A little too simple and straightforward once you've beaten it once, but it was a good return to mechanics that make RE unique.
Yeah but Ethan kinda sucks. Goes from an average joe to a blank slate that shows no hesitation to pop a cap in goo monsters

Jack tho is top tier

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah but Ethan kinda sucks. Goes from an average joe to a blank slate that shows no hesitation to pop a cap in goo monsters

Jack tho is top tier
The entire Baker family makes up for the character Ethan and Mia lack.

I don't think they're ever going to use Ethan again. I'm actually really curious to know who's going to be the star of RE8. The safe money is on Chris since he showed up in RE7, but I'm not so sure.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

isn't.

I completely agree with this. I love Re4 but people give it a free ride for a lot of stuff 5 and 6 do.

People get hung up on the boulder punching thing and ignore the fact that Re4 has Leon doing matrix style acrobatics and running away from a giant mechanized statue of Salazar over a crumbling bridge. Even before that, Code Veronica X introduced Super Wesker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom