• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I'd be down for that if the roster is good. Warriors games have been inconsistent in that regard. On one hand, Hyrule Warriors has an amazing roster. On the other, Fire Emblem Warriors had no Ike or Roy, which made its roster instant trash tier.
I couldn't even bring myself to buy Fire Emblem Warriors because Ike and Roy aren't in it tbh.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah. That’s a pretty big deal breaker. Let me see.... how many characters do these games typically have?
Well, the only other Warriors games I've played have been the Gundam ones.

DWG: 20 playable suits
DWG2: 40 playable suits but some clones
DWG3: Like 60 but a lot of clones
DWGR: Like 100 with a lot of DLC and a lot of clones

I'm going off memory because I can't find a definitive list of all of their numbers side by side.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 how does this roster sound to start out?
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Atom
Zatanna
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Robin/Nightwing
Booster Gold
Raven
Thought you were talking Injustice for a moment. I have a huge laundry list of heroes and guest characters for that game. But regardless, the lack of Etrigan in both this and Injustice is....dissapointing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Atom
Zatanna
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Robin/Nightwing
Booster Gold
Raven
All the bases appear to be covered. Although I would throw in Starfire, Beast Boy, and Black Lightning. Maybe a few others in the DLC.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'll tell you something now that's spoiler-y so I'll keep it in the spoiler tag in case you don't want to know anything going in.

It has multiple endings. The worst ending is a result of the most obvious choice you can make at one point near the end of the game as Claire. And that ending kiiiiiinda really sucks. You don't realize you doomed yourself to that ending when you make the choice, so most people get the "wtf?" feeling of the bad ending and have to play the entirety of the final two chapters to get a better one.

I won't give away the choice or what happens, but when you get to a point where the game is basically telling you to do a QTE as Claire, don't. Let Moira do it.

The bad ending just feels like a kick to the nuts and I didn't want that to skew your perception of the game. Like the first Revelations, it's a weird-*** spin-off, but I think it's fun to play and I always like seeing more Claire. The story's whack though. They try some new things to make co-op different, in case you want to play with someone else. My brother and I had fun going through it.
Thanks for the heads up, I actually just went and looked up what to do. I don’t particularly care for throwing caution to the wind, as I don’t have nearly as much time as I used to to get every single ending.

It seems relatively arbitrary of a requirement to get an ending, but it is what it is. It’s not too bad so far. It seems to have more elements of 4 in this game compared to Revelations 1.

Yo, everybody else, play some Resident Evil. Even if you just need to have a friend with you, it’s fun. Imagine just shrieking in terror and then dying (heh) laughing with friends. I totally plan on doing this over the summer with 7. I think. I may get too frustrated with other people being trash, and may have to just play it myself, but we’ll see.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Thought you were talking Injustice for a moment. I have a huge laundry list of heroes and guest characters for that game. But regardless, the lack of Etrigan in both this and Injustice is....dissapointing.
I wanted him in Injustice 2’s DLC
Electric Flying.

The "thunderbird" aesthetic is criminally unerused and is tied to just Zapdos who looks kinda dumb, and Emolga, a Pikaclone.
Dark/Fairy
Fire/Grass
Fire/Ice
Poison/Fairy
Fairy/Dragon
Ghost/Dragon
Grass/Dark
I'm kind of hoping Grookey's evolution turns out to be this, it's my two favorite types yet only three pokemon have it.
I still get suprised when I learn that the Lotad line is the only one with a Water/Grass typing

And though it hasn't actually been done yet, the Fire/Grass combo is long overdue
View attachment 219678
Dragon and Poison: We have a few but not enough. View attachment 219679
Electric and Dark: None that I am aware of.View attachment 219680
Grass and Fire: None that I am aware of.View attachment 219681
Electric and Ice: None that I am unware of.View attachment 219682
Grass and Psychic: We have a few noted ones but I think they should be expanded upon.View attachment 219683
Grass and Dark: Seriously lacking with only the Nuzleaf line I thinkView attachment 219684
Poison and Psychic: None that I am aware.

Btw these are from my Greek region which focuses on Greek mythology and ancient forms of current Pokemon.
That’s a lot of interesting types, I appreciate all the responses! Are you guys interested in debating some ideas for Pokémon with these types?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yo, everybody else, play some Resident Evil. Even if you just need to have a friend with you, it’s fun. Imagine just shrieking in terror and then dying (heh) laughing with friends. I totally plan on doing this over the summer with 7. I think. I may get too frustrated with other people being trash, and may have to just play it myself, but we’ll see.
Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. If you're too scared:

Watch me and my brother play them when we start doing Let's Play-ish video compilations starting this summer.

[/shill]

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I just read your posts in Morgana's voice.

Figure y'all read my posts in Ryan Reynolds' so it all kinda works out in a karmic kinda way.
Actually quite ironic. That's the exact opposite of my voice.
My voice is very slightly lower than medium pitched. As for everyone else I just read their posts in my voice.

D

Deleted member

So I decided that I wasn’t entirely sure I wanted to start any of the games I still have to cross off of my backlog, and I just got Resident Evil revelations 2 in the mail today.

RE Revelations 1 was mindless fun, so i’m hopping back in. However, I think when i’m not home or unable to use the TV, I will start Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. It’ll be a big ol focus on Capcom for a bit.

Idk, there’s just something about Tales of Vesperia and Monster Hunter that scream “SUMMER GAMES”.

Although, I am considering getting the DMC collection because i’ve never played them, and I like Dante just by design. Plus, i’d be more open to him in Smash if I play his game.

Then there’s the fact that I haven’t played ALttP, nor Chrono Trigger...I need to find a practical way to get/play Chrono Trigger.
If you have a laptop/pc there's the steam version of CT that has been updated since the release, also I think there is an Android/IOS version
id Give you guys an update on health now that I’m home from being sent from URgent care to an orthopedist but I’m annoyed and irritated and don’t want to fix the typos I’m looking at

Gotta go to physical therapy this month
Sorry to hear that, don't worry too much about typos and hope you'll get better mate
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Atom
Zatanna
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Robin/Nightwing
Booster Gold
Raven
Lack of villains seem a bit disconcerting although I dunno if that's for the best as they could go the Injustice route where they fill the game with Batman villains :b

D

Deleted member

id Give you guys an update on health now that I’m home from being sent from URgent care to an orthopedist but I’m annoyed and irritated and don’t want to fix the typos I’m looking at

Gotta go to physical therapy this month
Best of luck to you, my friend.
I hope that the training works and you get healthier!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you have a laptop/pc there's the steam version of CT that has been updated since the release, also I think there is an Android/IOS version

Sorry to hear that, don't worry too much about typos and hope you'll get better mate

Lack of villains seem a bit disconcerting although I dunno if that's for the best as they could go the Injustice route where they fill the game with Batman villains :b
For a game like this, I feel like the playable roster should be the heroes and the villains should just be bosses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Atom
Zatanna
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Robin/Nightwing
Booster Gold
Raven
Where is the Condiment King?

D

Deleted member

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
Hawkgirl
Cyborg
Shazam
Martian Manhunter
Plastic Man
Green Arrow
Black Canary
Atom
Zatanna
Blue Beetle
Firestorm
Robin/Nightwing
Booster Gold
Raven
He’s a bit obscure, but I always wanted to see Orion in one of these DC crossovers. Come on, we can’t have Darkseid walking around as the only New God.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ooh dang.

Once I finish this P5 100% lets play I'll be sure to watch your RE lets play.
Thanks dude.

Though it won't be much of a commitment. We realize that putting up full let's plays is great for viewing time and monetization, but we don't personally like 40+ episode let's plays that don't cut any content. So we're going to do more of a "greatest hits" compilation for each game, with only significantly longer games like RPGs getting multiple videos.

So when we make a Resident Evil video, it'll probably be a single video. Nothing too demanding. Then we'll just have to make a video (eventually) for every single Resident Evil game

Even Gaiden.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Thanks dude.

Though it won't be much of a commitment. We realize that putting up full let's plays is great for viewing time and monetization, but we don't personally like 40+ episode let's plays that don't cut any content. So we're going to do more of a "greatest hits" compilation for each game, with only significantly longer games like RPGs getting multiple videos.

So when we make a Resident Evil video, it'll probably be a single video. Nothing too demanding. Then we'll just have to make a video (eventually) for every single Resident Evil game

Even Gaiden.

I'm not expecting anything like a new video every week, don't worry.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate this approach. It's not necessarily a full let's play, but a bit of the game for people who may be interested. Exactly my type of thing.

D

Deleted member

Hey, staindgrey staindgrey , if you don’t mind me asking, when new casting calls go up, is there a way I can be notified? Not calling myself Mr. McTalented, but I would like to at least try out.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Actually quite ironic. That's the exact opposite of my voice.
My voice is very slightly lower than medium pitched. As for everyone else I just read their posts in my voice.
Yeaaaaah.

My voice is...uh. Not Ryan Reynolds tier, we'll say.

images (6).jpg

That's why I type.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That’s a lot of interesting types, I appreciate all the responses! Are you guys interested in debating some ideas for Pokémon with these types?
Sure
As I have said before, Grookey seems like a reasonable candidate for being a Grass/Dark Pokemon. Grookey is described as a mischievous monkey, and with the stick hanging from the head I assume Grookey will evolve to be a punk-like Pokemon that fights with the stick. Something like a Japanese delinquent.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, staindgrey staindgrey , if you don’t mind me asking, when new casting calls go up, is there a way I can be notified? Not calling myself Mr. McTalented, but I would like to at least try out.
Stay subscribed to our channel or follow us on Twitter. The current project is hush hush so we made that casting call private, but in other cases we'll probably put up a video and make a CCC page.

In general we'll usually cast within our team first, then look for outside talent, so I don't know how many opportunities will come up. When they do though, we'll announce them publicly to everyone.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So just a question I had on my mind: what’re some cool/unique dual typing that not many or any Pokémon have but you want to see used more for future Pokémon?
Dark and Steel are my favorite types. But to my knowledge, there's only one evolution chain that uses both.

And it sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom