• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
DLC speculation has ultimately gotten us to "a Square character" (probably Erdrick) and that's it.

Now this Google leak shows up and people are jumping on board, despite the fact that the company that's most speculated to get a character is completely missing from it.

I'm guessing they just forgot about the past 5 months of speculation then...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m just gonna say it

I never was on the crash and Spyro train and them being in would be a rare case of me going “okay”

Course I don’t actually know that cause I tend to get hype for characters I don’t even know anything about

And I would still be happy for the people who wanted them so

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Except no one believes this one
The only people believing it, are just people who want it to be real. A little bit like the Grinch leak

People need to remember to separate hopes from expectations.

It bit them in the butt back then, and it'll likely come back to bite them once again.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Now this is interesting. Looks like some may be putting too much stock in the theory after all, or, not to call them dumb, for they are not, but they don't seem to understand how Google ads seem to work. Looks like there is more to this than what those who believe in the theory may think, no offense to them, of course.
Probably, then again I'm pretty sure a big chunk of people here use adblockers (including me) so they're probably unfamiliar with how Google ads work (again, including me)

Dang... this google ad "leak" is turning into a sorta diet Grinch Leak, isn't it?

I can't wait to see the chaos once Erdrick gets revealed at e3
Well, I haven't seen the crazy mob attacking people trying to say the leak is fake (unless a couple twitter users calling PushDustin an ass counts) yet so only time will tell.

Also, if Erdrick does get it, I seriously hope they negotiated with Square for there to be more DQ content than there was Final Fantasy content because barebones representation would not be acceptable for a $6 Fighter Pack

D

Deleted member

I’m just gonna say it

I never was on the crash and Spyro train and them being in would be a rare case of me going “okay”

Course I don’t actually know that cause I tend to get hype for characters I don’t even know anything about

And I would still be happy for the people who wanted them so
Spyro would be "ehh".
Crash would be cool, because Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy is a good game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
DLC speculation has ultimately gotten us to "a Square character" (probably Erdrick) and that's it.

Now this Google leak shows up and people are jumping on board, despite the fact that the company that's most speculated to get a character is completely missing from it.

This is how Smash speculators have always been.

It doesn’t matter what it is. If people don’t like what they see, they immediately put all their eggs in the basket that they like best. It doesn’t matter what makes sense.

It’s weird, because people have this problem with insiders. Instead of thinking critically and saying, “Well, that’s not what credible sources have said, so maybe it isn’t correct”, it becomes, “This leak is being brought up with not a lot of credibility? Forget the insiders, they know nothing!”

What can I say except, yikes?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The only people believing it, are just people who want it to be real. A little bit like the Grinch leak

People need to remember to separate hopes from expectations.

It bit them in the butt back then, and it'll likely bite them in butt once again.
I know what you mean. I was in-between on the Grinch leak, and it lost its strength as we got closer to the last Smash Direct before launch. Anyhow, whoever made the Grinch leak probably wanted to troll us, and they succeeded with those who believed it. The same thing could happen to those believing the Google theory if they don't control their own expectations and what not.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro are the next 2 DLC

Would you like it?
Crash would be hype...

Not so much Spyro...

Idk, I just don't feel like Spyro has the same amount of impact and legacy that Crash does, especially when it comes to Japan.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master

I'm actually surprised the google theory is discussed still. I thought everyone would realize how silly it is after pushdustin illustrated how easy it is to fake an ad.

Shroob

Sup?
I just want to go to bed and wake up and "Oh **** E3 happened?"

I usually end up sleeping through E3 so I always get spoiled about it contents anyway via Youtube thumbnails.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm actually surprised the google theory is discussed still. I thought everyone would realize how silly it is after pushdustin illustrated how easy it is to fake an ad.
As sad as it may be, I should quote someone from an old commercial...

"Some learn and some don't." No offense to those who don't learn, of course.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Crash would be hype...

Not so much Spyro...

Idk, I just don't feel like Spyro has the same amount of impact and legacy that Crash does, especially when it comes to Japan.
Really? I havent seen much of crash, which is why i'm surprised to see him around that much for smash.
Is there something that gives him more of a chance?

It gained strength because apparently it's popping up in different regions or something. I havent seen the full scoop but even if there's more to it it doesn't really change the key stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Really? I havent seen much of crash, which is why i'm surprised to see him around that much for smash.
Is there something that gives him more of a chance?
I personally think Crash is worth noting for two reasons in particular:

1. His icon status. Crash was pretty much the Sonic/Mario for PlayStation back in the 90's, and alongside Mario 64, his original game helped make the 3d platforming genre mainstream. The original games (And their remakes) sold super well and are seen as og PlayStation staples.

2. He is very popular in Japan, about as much as he is in the west. This is mostly thanks to the fact that he got a region friendly redesign. Giving him a less aggressive and more goofy aesthetic

And that's not even mentioning the fact that he's relevant once again thanks to the remasters of the original three games, and Team Racing

Imo, he's among the most likely western third party characters when it comes to Smash, right alongside Banjo and Steve

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair, the fact that no one posted it to 4chan, who if they did fake it and wanted attention would go there; it makes me consider the small possibility it’s real. Especially when the originated by accident from a relatively small discord.

So I feel like it being faked isn’t the case.

It’s either some weird but or somehow real

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I personally think Crash is worth noting for two reasons in particular:

1. His icon status. Crash was pretty much the Sonic/Mario for PlayStation back in the 90's, and alongside Mario 64, his original game helped made the 3d platforming genre mainstream. The original games (And their remakes) sold super well and are seen as og PlayStation staples.

2. He is very popular in Japan, about as much as he is in the west. This is mostly thanks to the fact that he got a region friendly redesign.
Not to mention that Crash 3 Warped is the first Western video game to achieve over a million sales in Japan. Crash is clearly popular in both the west and east.

D

Deleted member

I just want to go to bed and wake up and "Oh **** E3 happened?"

I usually end up sleeping through E3 so I always get spoiled about it contents anyway via Youtube thumbnails.
I miss parts of E3 because of school. :drsad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
To be fair, the fact that no one posted it to 4chan, who if they did fake it and wanted attention would go there; it makes me consider the small possibility it’s real. Especially when the originated by accident from a relatively small discord.

So I feel like it being faked isn’t the case.

It’s either some weird but or somehow real
Another person earlier pointed out that no one posted it to Reddit or GameFAQs until after PapaGenos made the video on it

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
PageGeno's has also been gaining traction as a leaker. Going there first still makes a lot of sense. You want somebody who'll make your leak known, and that's what he's good at.

A lot don't take leaks seriously on 4chan or Reddit, and it's also often a bad place to post as well(same with GameFAQs), since you'll often get flamed and harassed for daring to say anything that doesn't fit their specific perceptions of what should happen. A smaller Discord that's a bit of a nicer community sounds like a great place to go to first. ...Though we have similar issues when people post leaks here too. It's just the Moderation tries to stop it immediately to avoid drama, while other sites don't generally care at all.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another person earlier pointed out that no one posted it to Reddit or GameFAQs until after PapaGenos made the video on it
Which is why I think this was intentionally faked. If they wanted attention they would have made sure to get it. I think it’s some weird error if it’s not real.

D

Deleted member

PageGeno's has also been gaining traction as a leaker. Going there first still makes a lot of sense. You want somebody who'll make your leak known, and that's what he's good at.

A lot don't take leaks seriously on 4chan or Reddit, and it's also often a bad place to post as well(same with GameFAQs), since you'll often get flamed and harassed for daring to say anything that doesn't fit their specific perceptions of what should happen. A smaller Discord that's a bit of a nicer community sounds like a great place to go to first. ...Though we have similar issues when people post leaks here too. It's just the Moderation tries to stop it immediately to avoid drama, while other sites don't generally care at all.
Im impressed that he has gained traction, has he leaked anything beforehand? I just remember him being one of the few people backing the Grinch hoax and even making weird theories about Banjo replacing Incineroar.

Tots Woz

Hey y'all, Scott here!
I think a better question heading into E3 this year is...

How the **** is Microsoft gonna top last year?

THEY got to reveal Kingdom Hearts III first, even had **** like Ori 2, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition and Gears 4, so much variety was there, and of course, Cyberpunk 2077. Put Sony and even most of Nintendo's press reveals to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom