• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I think a better question heading into E3 this year is...

How the **** is Microsoft gonna top last year?

THEY got to reveal Kingdom Hearts III first, even had **** like Ori 2, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition and Gears 4, so much variety was there, and of course, Cyberpunk 2077. Put Sony and even most of Nintendo's press reveals to shame.
Meh

Big games , but i was really not interested in the Microsoft Press, just Kingdom Hearts i think

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
PageGeno's has also been gaining traction as a leaker. Going there first still makes a lot of sense. You want somebody who'll make your leak known, and that's what he's good at.

A lot don't take leaks seriously on 4chan or Reddit, and it's also often a bad place to post as well(same with GameFAQs), since you'll often get flamed and harassed for daring to say anything that doesn't fit their specific perceptions of what should happen. A smaller Discord that's a bit of a nicer community sounds like a great place to go to first. ...Though we have similar issues when people post leaks here too. It's just the Moderation tries to stop it immediately to avoid drama, while other sites don't generally care at all.
I don’t lax chris and a **** ton of other youtubers love to eat fake leaks for money. So I think 4chan knows this, it’s why pre release had so many fakes.

Also serious or not in 4chan his thread would get way more traction then a channel like genos or a discord.

Not to mention we have that artious unit people found from awhile back that no one paid attention to. Which is really interesting. It’s just like the plant leak, it was completely ignored. So I think there’s more at play then we realize here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Im impressed that he has gained traction, has he leaked anything beforehand? I just remember him being one of the few people backing the Grinch hoax and even making weird theories about Banjo replacing Incineroar.
Traction is traction. People are knowing more about him. That's enough to look into it. Especially if you can find a non-toxic place to visit. His name is out there, basically.

I don’t lax chris and a **** ton of other youtubers love to eat fake leaks for money. So I think 4chan knows this, it’s why pre release had so many fakes.

Also serious or not in 4chan his thread would get way more traction then a channel like genos or a discord.

Not to mention we have that artious unit people found from awhile back that no one paid attention to. Which is really interesting. It’s just like the plant leak, it was completely ignored. So I think there’s more at play then we realize here
It's not just about traction. It's about going to a non-toxic place, which more people are willing to do these days. PageGeno's has enough traction to get some attention. That's all he needs.

It also shows that people are starting to learn that those other sites are horrible places to put your leaks in(fake or not), since it's not fun being blasted with inappropriate responses. Of course, some are just trolls who are trying to get these kind of responses anyway. But some are trying to build up hope or don't really know if it's real or not so want to post it somewhere non-toxic. It's a Discord that works pretty well for that.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Im impressed that he has gained traction, has he leaked anything beforehand? I just remember him being one of the few people backing the Grinch hoax and even making weird theories about Banjo replacing Incineroar.
I remember meme images about that. Those aged like milk.

D

Deleted member

PapaGenos doubled down on the Grinch leak by claiming he had a source so he lost all credibility back then

Roberk

Smash Champion
I think a better question heading into E3 this year is...

How the **** is Microsoft gonna top last year?

THEY got to reveal Kingdom Hearts III first, even had **** like Ori 2, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition and Gears 4, so much variety was there, and of course, Cyberpunk 2077. Put Sony and even most of Nintendo's press reveals to shame.
1557716527930.png

Oh, I think we know.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, 'leaking' said info to Pizzamandudeguy and PapaGenos way back when was fun.

The "Spirits are like stickers" will be my one contribution to the insanity that was Ultimate's speculation cycle, even if my name never is attached to it.

Fun times.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
PapaGenos doubled down on the Grinch leak by claiming he had a source so he lost all credibility back then
thing is i don't think he lied unless he's said so, i had chats with him and im pretty sure he had a source, his source was just an asshole and lied, or was misinformed herself

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
At this point, I can't tell if people want Steve in because of memes, or because they actually want him in.

Whatever it is, his support has definitely grown over the past couple of months, though you still got a bit of naysayers.

Regardless, he definitely isn't an underground pick anymore, lol.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
thing is i don't think he lied unless he's said so, i had chats with him and im pretty sure he had a source, his source was just an ******* and lied, or was misinformed herself
Yeah, PapaGeno's is absolutely not a liar. He's been fed bad information. He himself is a very honest and respectable person.

Plus, anybody can post leaks on his Discord. He's just reporting them. In one case he believed a bad source. This happens more than often enough anyway. Nobody is perfect, after all.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
At this point, I can't tell if people want Steve in because of memes, or because they actually want him in.

Whatever it is, his support has definitely grown over the past couple of months, though you still got a bit of naysayers.

Regardless, he definitely isn't an undergound pick anymore, lol.
Quick reminder that he got in 4th place in a recent unofficial ballot put together by the community

Never thought I'd see the day, but Steve's actually being taken seriously as a potential Smash pick and it makes me very happy...

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, PapaGeno's is absolutely not a liar. He's been fed bad information. He himself is a very honest and respectable person.

Plus, anybody can post leaks on his Discord. He's just reporting them. In one case he believed a bad source. This happens more than often enough anyway. Nobody is perfect, after all.
it's certainly happened to everyone's lord and savior Vergeben more than once

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Traction is traction. People are knowing more about him. That's enough to look into it. Especially if you can find a non-toxic place to visit. His name is out there, basically.

It's not just about traction. It's about going to a non-toxic place, which more people are willing to do these days. PageGeno's has enough traction to get some attention. That's all he needs.

It also shows that people are starting to learn that those other sites are horrible places to put your leaks in(fake or not), since it's not fun being blasted with inappropriate responses. Of course, some are just trolls who are trying to get these kind of responses anyway. But some are trying to build up hope or don't really know if it's real or not so want to post it somewhere non-toxic. It's a Discord that works pretty well for that.
I don’t think toxicity has or will ever matter.

Fake or real, there’s hundred of leaks posted per month to 4chan.

How many of those have the op actually come back? Maybe 2 if someone is ballsy enough to make it an ama.

I watch leaks on that site like a hawk and kept a good category of them through these last two games. They aren’t going to care where it’s posted or how fake or real. No leaker sits back and really cares for responses. If anything the fakers love to watch 4chan rage because as a troll it entertains them.

It’s not hurting anyone’s feelings that I would bet on. If your a real leaker you aren’t sticking around for comments, if you were to fake something you would go to the bigger site for attention because the attention is all that matters it doesn’t matter from who.

At least that’s how I see from reading all these fakes and seeing the general nature of people who post there. It’s one hell of a psychology lesson.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Quick reminder that he got in 4th place in a recent unofficial ballot put together by the community

Never thought I'd see the day, But Steve's actually being taken seriously as a potential Smash pick and it makes me very happy...
While I don't put a lot of stock into unofficial ballots, I ak happy that he's being treated more as a legit character choice. Just mentioning the possibility of him in Smash Ult speculation would get you torn to shreds.

I think part of it has to do with prominent Smash figures, like Introspecktive, admitting that they would be A-OK with Steve.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's actually kinda funny how few leaks even gained traction this cycle.

Excluding all 'theories' like chair, music, blog, box, we got three(four) legit leaks.

1# Vergeben up to November
2# My leak(Spirits)
3# KEN PHOTO
4# Plant Gang 4chan/reddit

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have started Persona 5.

I have named the protagonist...

JOKER JOKERSTA

He is glorious.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Excluding all 'theories' like chair, music, blog, box, we got three(four) legit leaks.

2# My leak(Spirits)
3# KEN PHOTO
I'll never get over how Ken got leaked and no one gave a crap.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don’t think toxicity has or will ever matter.

Fake or real, there’s hundred of leaks posted per month to 4chan.

How many of those have the op actually come back? Maybe 2 if someone is ballsy enough to make it an ama.

I watch leaks on that site like a hawk and kept a good category of them through these last two games. They aren’t going to care where it’s posted or how fake or real. No leaker sits back and really cares for responses. If anything the fakers love to watch 4chan rage because as a troll it entertains them.

It’s not hurting anyone’s feelings that I would bet on. If your a real leaker you aren’t sticking around for comments, if you were to fake something you would go to the bigger site for attention because the attention is all that matters it doesn’t matter from who.

At least that’s how I see from reading all these fakes and seeing the general nature of people who post there. It’s one hell of a psychology lesson.
Toxicity absolutely matters. Some don't mind taking hits, but others aren't willing to deal with that bull****. Nor should they. They don't deserve it whether they're a troll or not. DuckMeat in this case could just as easily be a faker who used his "respective" status to fake stuff. They could just as easily be someone who was fooled by something somebody else showed them. They could've made a theory that didn't pan out. There's no way to tell. Remaining skeptical of the theory is fair.

They still posted it in the correct spot, a place with little to no toxic attitude. Besides that, not everybody is the same. Some real leakers are fine with going to bad places. Not all are. You're painting everyone under the same brush here, but that's not how people work. People are too different for that to be a remotely good point. Since PagaGeno's is easily willing to report on rumors, regardless of authenticity, it makes for a great place to go, since it also gets them a YouTube video up. Combined with the lack of toxic attitude(which does matter to some people, yes), and you have a winner. Not much other reason for DuckMeat to post there if it isn't for "a nicer place". The person, as noted, is a respected member of the community. Maybe he wants things to stay that way? By not going to toxic places? It makes a lot of sense in that regard.

And 'no real leaker sits back'? What is Verge now? He's a real leaker and definitely sits back for responses. He only leaks what he believes in, and despite being burned(as well as sent abusive replies by the community), he still does it. People are too different as is for any general way to look at it as the only possibility.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Never thought I'd see the day, but Steve's actually being taken seriously as a potential Smash pick and it makes me very happy...
My personal feelings towards him aside, Steve has always been a viable choice in my eyes.

Not one that I want, but Sakurai does a good job w/ characters so it probably would be fine in the end.

Also my boi Bandana Waddle Dee is sitting up in 3rd. Good to see he still has a decently large support base in the West.

Graizen

Smash Champion

2# My leak(Spirits)
3# KEN PHOTO
Vergeben said that Erdrick IS a DLC character 100%

So maybe this is legit as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom