• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You know what?

There’s probably a good chance someone like Goku or Spider-Man placed high on the Ballot over a requested character from the community.

Not that I want that but who knows?
I mean, they're cultural icons. Is it that surprising? A lot of requested characters aren't nearly as well known. And not everybody followed the "video game character only" rule that also wasn't made common knowledge to us. It wasn't noted on the site alone for US audiences, making you find out via Facebook. A lot are not going to see this. As long as the character had a game, that's enough for someone to reasonably fill it out. I even did that for a joke option(that I never sent) for Bandit Keith.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I mean, they're cultural icons. Is it that surprising? A lot of requested characters aren't nearly as well known. And not everybody followed the "video game character only" rule that also wasn't made common knowledge to us. It wasn't noted on the site alone for US audiences, making you find out via Facebook. A lot are not going to see this. As long as the character had a game, that's enough for someone to reasonably fill it out. I even did that for a joke option(that I never sent) for Bandit Keith.
And if that’s the case then Sakurai won’t take us seriously unless he outright goes “screw it” and allows non-gaming characters.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what?

There’s probably a good chance someone like Goku or Spider-Man placed high on the Ballot over a requested character from the community.

Not that I want that but who knows?
I mean yeah. It’s the internet. A bunch of people probably also voted for male genitalia and “your mom”. Votes like that (for anything that’s not a video game character) were probably discounted

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And if that’s the case then Sakurai won’t take us seriously unless he outright goes “screw it” and allows non-gaming characters.
The votes are serious only if they have anything constructive to them, really.

But regardless, I don't think it's an issue. They were likely ignored(though any actual good ideas could've been recorded in case his non-game character playable rule changes, but I doubt on both of these, so eh).

D

Deleted member

Hot take: Peter!Spider-Man shouldn't get in Smash before either Miles or Gwen does.

D

Deleted member

Hot take: Peter!Spider-Man shouldn't get in Smash before either Miles or Gwen does.
miles has more moveset potential and gwen would be more unique with her ballerina-esque movement so you're not wrong

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
tfw 4/5 of your most wanted are Spirits but one of them isn't

"This is how Layton can still win"

D

Deleted member

Tough **** ***** that's a good match up for me
I mained Smash 4 Ganon, you think I care about matchups?
miles has more moveset potential and gwen would be more unique with her ballerina-esque movement so you're not wrong
Good to see someone else in here has good taste.
imagine if miles can just turn invisible at will how do you balance that

D

Deleted member

tfw 4/5 of your most wanted are Spirits but one of them isn't

"This is how Layton can still win"
me but all 4 of my most wanteds are spirits

"this is how midna can still win" - me since brawl

D

Deleted member

Having him invisible to the player means the player can't see **** either. Also doesn't Miles have some Venom Strike ****?
venom strike is a counter, shoulder touch is a taunt that just ****ing kills people

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
All of my most wanteds are in AT hell and/or Spirit limbo.

Granted, I did want :ultkrool: but it was mostly to make his fans happy.

Banjo is my remaining wanted newcomer that still has a shot and even his chances aren’t looking that strong at this point, kinda sad really lol.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Dixie and Bandana Dee not even having ATs at the very least is more bizarre then them not being playable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TBH I've come to terms with the fact that Midna will never be playable and Skull Kid doesn't have too much of a chance. I can still dream, though...

I still hold out that Rex could happen in the next game and that Elma MIGHT happen now (unlikely) or if/when there's an XCX port or XCX2.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I actually WANTED one of my most wanteds (Poochy) as an AT, but he didn't even get that...
I know that feeling. I'd kill for Dixie Kong to be in "assist hell" and appear in Smash physically.

But noooo, we needed Klaptraps. yeah, I know we likely got them because Jungle Japes and Kongo Jungle

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
It’d be freaking hilarious if Klaptrap was added over K.Rool.

The DK equivalent of Piranha Plant over Waluigi if you will.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Woah, did something happen? Because this thread hasn't have a new post for like 35 minutes and there is basically no one here.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
TBH I've come to terms with the fact that Midna will never be playable and Skull Kid doesn't have too much of a chance. I can still dream, though...

I still hold out that Rex could happen in the next game and that Elma MIGHT happen now (unlikely) or if/when there's an XCX port or XCX2.
I just picked Xenoblade 2 back up again after purchasing the DLC and Torna, which only reminded me how bummed I am that we didn't get as much as I'd hoped (though I do like the Rex & Nia costumes admittedly).

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Happy Birthday SnakeFighter!

I know I don’t always show support for you guys since I’ve haven’t gotten to know anyone yet and I mostly focus on Smash talk, but I do care indeed about any personal issues y’all face.

D

Deleted member

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!! YAAAAAY!
Also, I am now a member of the Plant Gang!
:ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha:
yee

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I watched Delzethin’s video about DLC speculation and got really mad about the suggestion of the Three Houses rep.

I need to re-evaluate my priorities.
Y'all need to be fine with promotional picks...
They happen...

Smash itself, is an ad, so basically, it's just an ad being added to an ad
I don't see anything wrong with that

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Y'all need to be fine with promotional picks...
They happen...

Smash itself, is an ad, so basically, it's just an ad being added to an ad
I don't see anything wrong with that
Agreed, considering we have characters who are added only to fill a quota (:ultzss::ultivysaur::ulticeclimbers:) and people are okay with them. It's the same thing in practice.

Questiin: what does "shining bacon" mean?
Don't ask questions you don't want to know the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom