• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m still on the boat that Spirits deconfirm.

Also, I don’t think Sora is that big of a net breaker, he’ll hype the internet no doubt but nuke it, nah.

He always felt like an obvious inclusion plus some people do expect him.

That ain’t Banjisaaceno.
Yeah, but who else would break the internet?

OH WAIT.
VROOM VROOM, MOVE OUT THE WAY.

ENGAGE CHIEF MOTHER ******.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Do you guys think Isaac will ever get in Smash? I've just had this question cause in my opinion the best chance he had WAS Ultimate and he's still an Assist Trophy so I think it's looking bleak for the poor guy unless something drastic changes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think Isaac will ever get in Smash? I've just had this question cause in my opinion the best chance he had WAS Ultimate and he's still an Assist Trophy so I think it's looking bleak for the poor guy unless something drastic changes.
Sadly no. He's from a dead franchise that not even the strong demand from him could get him in. Same reason I'm sadly confident the same will go for Banjo...

Some might argue King K. Rool but despite his decade long absence what helped his return was the fact he's from an franchise that's active. It wasn't only the fan demand he got that helped him make the cut.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nope.
I personally think that neither Nintendo, Sakurai, nor Camelot care about Golden Sun as a franchise anymore, which is a damn shame since I think it's a pretty fun take on the turn based JRPG system mixed with environmental puzzles and monster collecting.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
"A PNG isn't gonna disconfirm a character lol"

Then explain why Piranha Plant didn't get a Spirit until DLC.

We're never going to have a situation where a character is going to be able to equip themselves with their own Spirit.
Only alternate versions.
It’s not so much that I don’t think spirits disconfirm characters. I moreso view it as, if they want to add a character with a spirit, the existence of a spirit isn’t going to be the thing that stops them.

Granted, I don’t think we’re getting characters who have spirits anyway, because I firmly believe the DLC characters will all be 3rd parties from unrepresented series, which is an entirely separate conversation in itself.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The only :ultinkling: in this G6 top 8 is gone...Woomy down (Cosmos did his best)

And Samsora as :ultpeach::ultdaisy: must put an end to :ultike:
He has as much of a chance in getting in Sash as a fighter as Kid Icarus has in getting a major sequel to Uprising...

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, I don't think so.

...unless next Smash turns the wheel even harder than Ultimate to the nostalgia zone, which would be an impressive feat.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
"A PNG isn't gonna disconfirm a character lol"

Then explain why Piranha Plant didn't get a Spirit until DLC.

We're never going to have a situation where a character is going to be able to equip themselves with their own Spirit.
Only alternate versions.
TBH I don't think spirits outright disconfirm/deconfirm characters... but I do think that if a character has a spirit in the game, then they weren't on the table for DLC discussions if they were happening at the same time.

Ultimately we'll never know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If a character who has a Spirit gets in, they'll get a completely different picture for their PNG, imo.

I don't think it means anything. They might redescribe the current Spirit in the game, but I doubt they'd change the name of the image in the file either.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Honestly, if Isaac couldn't make it in by this point, it's obvious that it'll be Golden Sun 4 > Smash Isaac, not the other way around.

Sakurai: "We avoid characters from franchises with no future." (paraphrased)

Camelot's going to have to put in the work to make Golden Sun relevant again to get Isaac in Smash and unfortunately, they seem like they're stuck with Mario spin-offs and such for the foreseeable future. Even if they weren't stuck making those projects I doubt Nintendo would care enough to revive Golden Sun as it's been so long and the series was in a downward decline when it was still alive.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
I watched Delzethin’s video about DLC speculation and got really mad about the suggestion of the Three Houses rep.

I need to re-evaluate my priorities.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what sucks?

It’s your first birthday sense transitioning your gender identity. Your first birthday as your true self. And you’re in college miles away from anyone who cares.

And it sucks even more because you’re 19 (now 20). So you don’t get parties anymore. And people would just want to be watching the f**king Super Bowl anyway.

And then you just have a rotten day for other separate reasons.

I hate my life right now.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know what sucks?

It’s your first birthday sense transitioning your gender identity. Your first birthday as your true self. And you’re in college miles away from anyone who cares.

And it sucks even more because you’re 19 (now 20). So you don’t get parties anymore. And people would just want to be watching the f**king Super Bowl anyway.

I'm sorry to hear about that. There is always phone calls if you have any friends or family you're in contact but I guess it's not the same.

If it matters, we (at least I) care about you. So, happy birthday.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Yeah, contrary to the above responses. I’m sure he’ll get in eventually, most likely for next Smash.

There’s no way people are giving up on him, if anything being an AT was probably a consolation of doing well in the Ballot. Not high, but decent.

Besides to most of his supporters, him being in Smash is the best chance of getting Golden Sun revived.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm sorry to hear about that. There is always phone calls if you have any friends or family you're in contact but I guess it's not the same.

If it matters, we (at least I) care about you. So, happy birthday.
Thank you so much! I like coming to this board. It’s a place where you can talk about almost whatever and find people who are willing to listen. I wish I had more places like that in real life.

Like, I tried to talk to my roommate about the whole half-time show thing. And his response was “I can not express how much I don’t care”. Like, that’s just rude.

I’m still talking with pretty much all of my relatives. And one of them did call me. But it wasn’t much really. I’d much rather be in the same room as someone and talk to them.

Of course none of my relatives like the same stuff as me (not even the kids) so we usually don’t talk about much. Still.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what sucks?

God that sounds rough. In any case, happy first birthday *hug*

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Unless ATs get promoted sometime during this game's DLC cycle, I think this is the end for Isaac's chances.
If ATs do get promoted later on, then he has a real shot, but I'm not betting on that.

You know what sucks?

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it can be tough when you feel forgotten by people when you're alone at college.
It might not mean much to you, but I wish you a happy birthday.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Thank you so much! I like coming to this board. It’s a place where you can talk about almost whatever and find people who are willing to listen. I wish I had more places like that in real life.

Like, I tried to talk to my roommate about the whole half-time show thing. And his response was “I can not express how much I don’t care”. Like, that’s just rude.
You are welcome!

This is going to sound so anti-social but I prefer finding online friends most of the time for this exact reason, I hardly have anyone IRL that I can just share some stuff.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Yeah, Nobuo Uematsu.

He also composed Brawl's main theme and worked on other games, including Granblue Fantasy (y'all know I'm gonna mention it whenever I can).
A little follow-up on this:
The game is also known for reuniting Nobuo Uematsu w/ art director Hideo Minaba.
They had previously worked together on Final Fantasy V, VII and IX.
So yeah, consider this your Granblue Fantasy fact of the week.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You are welcome!

This is going to sound so anti-social but I prefer finding online friends most of the time for this exact reason, I hardly have anyone IRL that I can just share some stuff.
I’ve found a few. I have a few people consider friends who like the same stuff as me. But two of them are back home and I forgot to get a contact number for the other one and we’re not in the same class anymore. And here’s the kicker. We all became friends pretty much by accident.

God that sounds rough. In any case, happy first birthday *hug*
Unless ATs get promoted sometime during this game's DLC cycle, I think this is the end for Isaac's chances.
If ATs do get promoted later on, then he has a real shot, but I'm not betting on that.

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know it can be tough when you feel forgotten by people when you're alone at college.
It might not mean much to you, but I wish you a happy birthday.
Thank you both! :)

This is the kind of stuff that stops me from crying.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
You know what sucks?

Happy Birthday from the boards. Know that we're all here for you, and any of us is available to talk if you need us.

Just because you're alone doesn't mean you can't still celebrate for yourself. You've found your real self. That's definitely something to be happy about. Treat yourself however you see fit, and know that there are people who do care.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Happy Birthday from the boards. Know that we're all here for you, and any of us is available to talk if you need us.

Just because you're alone doesn't mean you can't still celebrate for yourself. You've found your real self. That's definitely something to be happy about. Treat yourself however you see fit, and know that there are people who do care.
Just a few minutes here and more people wished me happy birthday here than people I live with. (None of my roommates said anything. We have everyone’s birthdays posted on the fridge). This is why I love Smashboards.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You know what sucks?

It's your Happy Birthday! Here's your Happy Birthday song!

D

Deleted member

You know what sucks?

Sorry to hear about that it must suck having to go throughout the day and for nobody to realize it's your birthday not to mention having terrible luck having a birthday around the Super bowl is just garbage luck of course people are more important that a Football game so Happy Birthday! and I hope next birthday goes a lot better for you since that's rough bud.

Edit: fixed the phrasing since reading it back it may come off as something I may not have wanted it to.

D

Deleted member

Happy Birthday, SnakeFighter.

On a different note, Plant is so goddamn fun.

D

Deleted member

I am just gonna do a random sentence and just throw comas in random places

I love cheese and crackers,give me your,cheese and crackers

I love cheese and crackers give me your cheese and crackers

Which one looks more put together?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Am I the only one who think's :ultrobinf:'s victory dialogues is underutilized? I think she should've them for more characters than just Lucina, like

to :ultlink:: "How can you protect Hyrule if you can't protect yourself?"

or for :ultpit:: "How can you protect Palutena if you can't protect yourself?"

and :ultluigi: can be: "How can you love Daisy if you can't love yourself?"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Am I the only one who think's :ultrobinf:'s victory dialogues is underutilized? I think she should've them for more characters than just Lucina, like

to :ultlink:: "How can you protect Hyrule if you can't protect yourself?"

or for :ultpit:: "How can you protect Palutena if you can't protect yourself?"

and :ultluigi: can be: "How can you love Daisy if you can't love yourself?"
LUIGI IS DOING HIS BEST SHUT THE **** UP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom