• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Whether or not it’s private it’s still a thing that has a long record of my involvement and the thought of people using it again makes my anxiety spike
We're just making pages, not chatting there so nothing will happen.

Hopefully...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Plus the whole Spirit Board thing which practically deconfirms all Nintendo characters considering almost all of the Nintendo characters are already in as Spirits or don't have enough spirits of their own to support their own spirit board.

Also, this post was like 2 hours ago, dude.
You ever just forget to hit the post button? Huh? Uh, yeah, me neither...

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Alright so this is actually rather upsetting to me at the moment and the only reason I posted my involvement was because I didn’t want anyone else to be the first to mention it,

I’ll be back when you guys drop it. Not gonna make you but this is uncomfortable to me.
Yo, did I put you on the list? I did not, so I'm not 100% sure how you are upset because I didn't add you to the list.

I also checked the edit history of the ToasterBrains wikia page, and it has remained 99% vandal free besides the one time that somebody added "TTYD is overrated" on April 21, 2019. Do you want to talk about it through PM?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
How long have you been working on that?

It's been since release, hasn't it?
Since the November Smash Direct. I have been procrastinating a lot, and I am completing it right now while I am free from classes.

Hey Blue, haven’t seen you around in a while.

Also is this going to be a review or is it speculation?
Sort of a review with a bit of speculation. You will see when it gets posted.

Hey, considering how lengthy what you normally write is, I can’t wait to see what your thoughts on the entire game are like.
I won't go in-depth on my thoughts the game in general. Well... maybe I will can that now, now that you mentioned it. I do have complaints on other aspects of the game after all.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Hopefully...
I’m upset you’re intentionally missing or ignoring my point but I am not ready or willing to put forth the effort to stop you from making this a thing so have fun I guess.

The thought of it actively being talked about in private makes my skin crawl so I would appreciate if you didn’t, but I can’t stop you.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, who does want a page? I'm making a group chat so we can just contact there instead of bugging the thread.
I'm still 50/50 on the idea, tbh..

Eh... I guess so...

Though if it ends up becoming a disaster, i'm out

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
14 spots left for the HG sim. Let me add @tehponycorn for no reason, so that leaves 13 now.

Oh man, when was the last time you showed up here?
Still need some requests. Can we get some notable users and characters?

Hopefully...
The problem would probably stem from allowing anybody to edit the page, which can lead to inaccurate info being spread about people for whatever reason. Not guaranteed, but the possibility of issues is there.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yo, did I put you on the list? I did not, so I'm not 100% sure how you are upset because I didn't add you to the list.

I also checked the edit history of the ToasterBrains wikia page, and it has remained 99% vandal free besides the one time that somebody added "TTYD is overrated" on April 21, 2019. Do you want to talk about it through PM?
Are you serious mate? I didn’t even see you were making a list and I hardly see how that’s relevant.

Whatever y’all. Peace

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
hey fellas im back on mobile only because i wanted to share this

20190511_192040.jpg

bye

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m upset you’re intentionally missing or ignoring my point but I am not ready or willing to put forth the effort to stop you from making this a thing so have fun I guess.

The thought of it actively being talked about in private makes my skin crawl so I would appreciate if you didn’t, but I can’t stop you.
I'm not intentionally trying to ignore your point, I'm trying to be reassuring. If it is going to bug you that much I won't,

D

Deleted member

This wikia idea sounds super bad and I would caution y'all to stop. No way this doesn't end poorly.

D

Deleted member

My in-depth thoughts on Ultimate are almost complete.

I just need to do one more important section and it will be done.

It will probably be posted in the next two days.

I am so glad that I am so close to finishing it.
Can't wait to see the part about Incineroar. :p

D

Deleted member

If there are people here that are uncomfortable with the wikia being used again then maybe the idea should be dropped.
Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm still 50/50 on the idea, tbh..

Eh... I guess so...

Though if it ends up becoming a disaster, i'm out
I'm only adding like a paragraph of surface level stuff to the pages, and it's not like the wiki suffers constant vandalism. Literally nobody in the SmashBoards inner circles is going to trash anybody's pages, and if a random person goes on and deletes everything, we can just revert no big deal. I mean, if somebody does edit somebody's page to something they don't like, at that point the option is to grow a spine and click the undo button in the history. There isn't really room for full-blown disaster besides wide-scale edit bombing.

D

Deleted member

Honestly when I checked the wikia it looked fairly tame. Was it something I missed or...?
It's more what you'll invite trying to do this.

Trust me, this could go real bad. It ain't worth the risk.

D

Deleted member

Haha, it appears YOU will get a page as well. As will I.

New page list:

Wademan94
SonicSmasher1
UtopianPoyzin
ClaTheBae

Who else wants to join on the ****train?
Yeah put me on the list too please I'm interested to see what people think of me in detail.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
The problem would probably stem from allowing anybody to edit the page, which can lead to inaccurate info being spread about people for whatever reason. Not guaranteed, but the possibility of issues is there.
Yeah, but there never really was anything mitigating that risk to begin with. For all we knew, pages meant to attack us could've been made without us knowing, and now that it's in the forefront there's the chance of someone who DOES care and WANTS to be fair and accurate handling it. People make it out like revealing it was the worst case scenario (like me) when all it is was users now being known about malicious edits when they appear...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Guys, I know we talk about a lot of different stuff here...

But when you present an idea and the vast majority of users here are telling you it's a bad idea... it's probably a bad idea.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh hell nah y'all really trying to bring the wiki back???

y'all mega ****ed, im outta here for real :bobomb:

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Vandals are literally the only way things could go wrong, and you are always going to get bad eggs around. Nobody is going to bully anybody for a minor sentence that was written on a nearly unvisited wikia. There is absolutely no way people can be judged for things put on there. The thing is, n o b o d y c a r e s what's on the wiki.

Noipoi

Howdy!
whatsquid.jpg

Okay I don't know what the **** is going on

but maybe we shouldn't bring back the wiki

count me out, lads.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, in 8 years when we’re discussing Super Smash Bros Calamity and people bring up making a social wiki, don’t be surprised if you completely regret this.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Vandals are literally the only way things could go wrong, and you are always going to get bad eggs around. Nobody is going to bully anybody for a minor sentence that was written on a nearly unvisited wikia. There is absolutely no way people can be judged for things put on there. The thing is, n o b o d y c a r e s what's on the wiki.

You must be new :V

The wiki was used as a weapon back then

D

Deleted member

I'd say people care when the vast majority here are calmly asking you to not do this.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Guys, I know we talk about a lot of different stuff here...

But when you present an idea and the vast majority of users here are telling you it's a bad idea... it's probably a bad idea.
"Vast" I mean, no offense, but it seems pretty evenly split. I still don't see a problem with making sure that everybody on that list has a good, well-written article on the wiki, rather than, to Zinith's point, an unknown, hostile one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom