• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I see the “spirits deconfirm” talk came back up

This makes this a prime target for causing speculation whiplash if they do end up breaking that observation.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>People now agree that Spirits are deconfirmations, bringing speculation to "who isn't a Spirit yet"
>Ace Attorney still doesn't have a single spirit

phoenix-confident(a).gif

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I still think there will be an extra DLC character outside of the pass based on the extra stage slot since I don't believe at this point there will be a 2nd Fighter's Pass. It'll likely be Erdrick or a 1st party promotional character.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I don't remember why I joined.

I guess I wanted to become a part of the smash community because I liked smash bros.

Which as it turns out was not a lasting factor.

I still like Smash, but i think Ultinate will be my final game. I've fallen into the trap of getting hyped for the characters more than the gameplay itself three times now, and I can't be slapping $60 on a game I will only play for a couple weeks then stop playing it altogether.

Doesn't mean I will be leaving anytime soon or anything of course. Over the years, I've come to learn that many users here actually don't play smash anymore, and stay for their own reasons. Mine being good company.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>People now agree that Spirits are deconfirmations, bring speculation to "who isn't a Spirit yet"
>Ace Attorney still doesn't have a single spirit

View attachment 219041
That remind me of somethin', if the character you want doesn't make it in, just know that...
blame society ace attorney.jpg

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I still think there will be an extra DLC character outside of the pass based on the extra stage slot since I don't believe at this point there will be a 2nd Fighter's Pass. It'll likely be Erdrick or a 1st party promotional character.
the extra stage slot is for enabling/disabling custom stages in random stage toggle

1557609912592.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I'd like to point out that in the past couple of days, ProJared, CommamderHolly, and James Charles all completely ended their YouTube carreers due to being complete creeps with disregard to others.

Who's gonna get exposed next? Will your favorite YouTubers be next? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So I'd like to point out that in the past couple of days, ProJared, CommamderHolly, and James Charles all completely ended their YouTube carreers due to being complete creeps with disregard to others.

Who's gonna get exposed next? Will your favorite YouTubers be next? Find out next time on the next exciting episode of Dragon Ball!
If Markiplier falls, I'm going to croak.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

tfw totalbiscuit's youtube career can't end due to scandal but also his youtube career can't ever return

1557610074346.png

D

Deleted member

every variant on a fighter--mario characters, k. rool's disguises, etc.-- is nevertheless a different 'version' of that character from a game not represented by the fighter themselves, and is clearly distinguished in their overall design. elma or bandana dee, barring a smash-original design overhaul, would be 1:1 copies between their current spirit appearances and likely smash designs.

elma, for one, doesn't even have any official art outside her current spirit. they'd have to straight up recycle it.
I think you're giving the canon rules of spirits too much credit here. What I posted was literally a Mario spirit from a modern Mario game that can be used to support Mario. It is Mario on Mario. Literally Wii Fit Trainer has over three different spirits of herself just doing different poses in Wii Fii.

I get that it would make little sense within the rules of spirits if Geno was supported by the "Geno" spirit or something like that, especially since there's not much official art of him, but

1. They can just grab an already existing different drawing of a fighter or make a new one
  2. World of Light doesn't even follow its own rules. There should literally be no Kirby spirit battles because he was the one who escaped Galeem.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I've always believed that Sakurai is the type of person that won't let assist trophies or spirits prevent him from adding a character that he wants in. These things clearly show that he doesn't want to implement those characters, but if he decided last minute that he wanted Elma as dlc I don't think he would go "oh wait she's a spirit I can't do that"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
>When your game gets very little in the way of music, no new remixes, and the only two spirits are an evolving set of the child and adult versions of the two main lords together.
image.jpeg

>When this technically means you can still be DLC, no matter how unlikely.
image.jpeg

CELICA GANG

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
>When your game gets very little in the way of music, no new remixes, and the only two spirits are an evolving set of the child and adult versions of the two main lords together.
View attachment 219044
View attachment 219046

CELICA GANG
1557610238536.png

snap

this one's a robin echo fighter

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
View attachment 219044
View attachment 219046

CELICA GANG
aren't the Pegasus Sister spirits technically Echoes spirits? Changes nothing, but they use the SoV art.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, it's starting to get really late here, so good night folks, hope you all have a good time here while I'm out. :)

See ya!

D

Deleted member

I really think the Reply Girls are gonna get cancelled next.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie I kinda wanna see the sandbag as a playable character.
I can’t think about a moveset for it, sadly.

Although Sakurai may do so.

Alright, it's starting to get really late here, so good night folks, hope you all have a good time here while I'm out. :)

See ya!
I’ll try to.
Although it is looking to be a challenge for me right now (maybe it isn’t but who knows).

Noipoi

Howdy!
What series don’t have spirits?

Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
Phoenix Wright
Banjo Kazooie
Barack Obama

You thinkin what I’m thinkin?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As a Malos fan, do you want a hug?:ultjigglypuff:
Sure.
2DED5D6A-4BCA-4F34-BCB0-C09B6A083F63.jpeg

Seeing as how just about every first party Nintendo character under the sun is a spirit, this probably seals it.

Unless you’re a Galar Pokémon or a Three Houses lad, it’s looking rough.
I mean technically my girl doesn’t have a spirit though a couple of her Pokémon do so I don’t know about how that affects her chances...

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
Phoenix Wright
Banjo Kazooie
Barack Obama

hit me with that kick*** akihiko yoshida art in smash

1557610611498.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dragon Quest
Resident Evil
Phoenix Wright
Banjo Kazooie
Barack Obama

I'm just saying, it's pretty suspicious that if you ignore the mario spirits already in the game, there aren't any mario spirits.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I played Smash Flash 2 for the first time in like years about a month ago, and man did it get a bit of a boost in quality. Last I remembered, Pac-Man was still an assist trophy and Lloyd was the Namco rep.

Also, a lot of thier own newcomers were fun, but MAN was Isaac disappointing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I guess so...

It's just one like, tho...

If it makes you you feel any better I guess I'll go back and like it right now, I suppose...
Not so much that you have to like every single post I make, just that in that certain context when I made a post which was relevant and equal to the other posts you have liked, the absence of one seemed kind of off. It's not "like-begging," just inquiry...

Anyways, since the topic kinda came back and tomorrow is my first anniversary on here, maybe I should pull that post back up regarding our reasons for joining

I wanted to remind people not to take my boi for granted when the game comes out. I half-succeeded :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom