• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly Ezio would be great. He's still behind a few other third parties for me wishlist-wise, namely Crash, Lara Croft, and Frogger, but he'd absolutely be hype.
If Frogger did get in, they'd probably opt to use his later cartoony designs, but honestly I would love it if he was just a goddamn frog wearing clothes

Roberk

Smash Champion
>be me
>get 2 Studio Movie Grill ticket vouchers as a gift
>but they expired in January apparently
>cool guy manager exchanges them for tickets to Detective Pikachu
>friend bails out, he’s busy
>I try to exchange the ticket for John Wick next week
>clerk: ”do you want a refund”
>sure, that way I can just use the money for what I want without having to commit to a movie a week ahead of time
>she exchanges the ticket
>I ask if there’s some sort of refund that I get
>”Oh, those were manager tickets, they didn’t cost any money so you don’t get any money back.”
>I’m too scared to ask for the ticket back and exchange it

I hate dropping my spaghetti everywhere.
1557608288588.jpeg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i'm sure they'll be lining up around the block for john henry from codename steam
I mean, I totally would.

He has a giant hammer for an arm and comes with a bear shaped grenade launcher. And because his gimmick in S.T.E.A.M. was that shots to his metal arm would do less damage, he'd be Smash's version of MvCI's Winter Soldier.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Goddammit eyes stop.

If Frogger did get in, they'd probably opt to use his later cartoony designs, but honestly I would love it if he was just a goddamn frog wearing clothes
Real talk.

Being late for Frog Work is the most realistic backstory for running across a busy street I've heard so far.

D

Deleted member

i'm sure they'll be lining up around the block for john henry from codename steam
Okay, so spirits are a compelling argument.

However, who's to say the Fighters Pass's should come with spirits? Remember, Cloud has no FF spirits, so some series can just be neglected entirely. This is fine because what was originally advertised were a fighter, new stage, and new music. Nothing about new spirits was obligated.

That means spirits don't automatically disconfirm first party characters. I would say we shouldn't count first party out of the running yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

However, who's to say the Fighters Pass's should come with spirits? Remember, Cloud has no FF spirits, so some series can just be neglected entirely. This is fine because what was originally advertised were a fighter, new stage, and new music. Nothing about new spirits was obligated.

That means spirits don't automatically disconfirm first party characters.
Sakurai confirmed after joker's release that all future characters will have their own spirit board

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

That means spirits don't automatically disconfirm first party characters.
i also just don't think that any character who currently has a spirit is getting in period - with smash 4 it was a weird case where you had some characters like mewtwo/lucas eventually getting two trophies, but at least trophies have no gameplay significance. when the core concept of spirits, meanwhile, is essentially that the spirits are the 'actual' characters in spirit form helping the main fighter out, it'd be extremely counter to that idea to have, say, elma supporting elma. it just doesn't gel with the idea they're going with at all.

D

Deleted member

Okay. I concede. That's pretty decisive.

i also just don't think that any character who currently has a spirit is getting in period - with smash 4 it was a weird case where you had some characters like mewtwo/lucas eventually getting two trophies, but at least trophies have no gameplay significance. when the core concept of spirits, meanwhile, is essentially that the spirits are the 'actual' characters in spirit form helping the main fighter out, it'd be extremely counter to that idea to have, say, elma supporting elma. it just doesn't gel with the idea they're going with at all.
They already do that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing as how just about every first party Nintendo character under the sun is a spirit, this probably seals it.

Unless you’re a Galar Pokémon or a Three Houses lad, it’s looking rough.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Y'all aint ready for the dlc to be all third parties before Nintendo buys out every third party company in smash to make them retroactively first party.
As long as Sonic/Bayonetta/Persona are some of them

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Okay. I concede. That's pretty decisive.

They already do that.

every variant on a fighter--mario characters, k. rool's disguises, etc.-- is nevertheless a different 'version' of that character from a game not represented by the fighter themselves, and is clearly distinguished in their overall design. elma or bandana dee, barring a smash-original design overhaul, would be 1:1 copies between their current spirit appearances and likely smash designs.

elma, for one, doesn't even have any official art outside her current spirit. they'd have to straight up recycle it.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Seeing as how just about every first party Nintendo character under the sun is a spirit, this probably seals it.

And Porky, Sylux, and Poochy,

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Grovyle doesn't have a spirit...

it's telling how unimportant he is.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Arvis chads without a spirit despite being a major antagonist/popular villain and his wife, daughter, and son having spirits rise up
1557609355168.png

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't think needing new spirits necessarily deconfirms any first parties, it definitely lowers their chances, but spirits can pull from pretty much anything, and it was never specified just how many spirits would be included with each fighter. There doesn't necessarily have to be as many as Joker came with, especially since spirits aren't actually advertised as coming with the fighter packs.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
You do realize if you point out stuff like this, I'm less likely to like said post in the first place, right?

I'd rather not have people force me to like posts they want me to like.

It happened once before, and it wasn't pretty
I was just trying to figure if it was deliberate...

D

Deleted member

Yeah spirits pretty solidly deconfirm imo, at least for this round of DLC if we get any more.
If every DLC is going to be some crazy pick that shocks people, then it can't really be someone who's already in the game, and that's not even getting into the spirit board stuff. The DLC most likely being all third party would mean spirits probably aren't getting in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom