• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I could do another long post on first parties, but i’ll let my upcoming article speak for me.

Basically, if the picks are similar to Joker...first parties from series already in Smash (or at least from series that don’t have a rotating roster like Pokémon and Fire Emblem) they offer next to nothing close to what 3rd parties do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Morgana gang must destroyed immediately.
While I contributed to it's rises, I like to add that I have no part in the Morgana gang, or the Kasumi gang for that matter.

I'm just a neutral party if you prefer, neither good or evil, somewhat balanced I say.:ultcloud:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I think the question would be who? Unless they're exclusive to a new game coming out, a lot of the first party series have been covered beyond the "dead" franchises like Advance Wars and Golden Sun, and those already have spirits too.

I don't doubt one first party because Corrin in the middle of Ryu, Cloud, and Bayo says a lot about who could be in. Byleth is probably the easiest guess because he comes from a hot new game.
But Corrin was also a purely promotional pick.

I doubt we'll get one of those in the Fighters Pass. Maybe outside of it though.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think the question would be who? Unless they're exclusive to a new game coming out, a lot of the first party series have been covered beyond the "dead" franchises like Advance Wars and Golden Sun, and those already have spirits too.

I don't doubt one first party because Corrin in the middle of Ryu, Cloud, and Bayo says a lot about who could be in. Byleth is probably the easiest guess because he comes from a hot new game.
I dunno, but it sounds worth exploring sometimes maybe ;)

im curious to check into the other popular games in japan and see if there's some no one talked about. Like Shenmue.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

There's Astral Chain. Nintendo is publishing that, so I could see a promotional character getting in. If we're getting a new character every two months as I suspect, it also releases at just the right time for a dlc character, but that probably doesn't matter.

D

Deleted member

I remember TPC was suggesting Astral Chain lads as a bonus dlc.
Could happen I suppose, they're from a new first party franchise with no spirits.

D

Deleted member

While I contributed to it's rises, I like to add that I have no part in the Morgana gang, or the Kasumi gang for that matter.

I'm just a neutral party if you prefer, neither good or evil, somewhat balanced I say.:ultcloud:
I consider myself part of both.

I remember TPC was suggesting Astral Chain lads as a bonus dlc.
Could happen I suppose, they're from a new first party franchise with no spirits.
Astral Chain would be cool to have, ngl.

D

Deleted member

But Corrin was also a purely promotional pick.

I doubt we'll get one of those in the Fighters Pass. Maybe outside of it though.
I think you're being optimistic. Corrin being DLC proves that Sakurai and Nintendo can very well promote their own new games if they see fit.

I dunno, but it sounds worth exploring sometimes maybe ;)

im curious to check into the other popular games in japan and see if there's some no one talked about. Like Shenmue.
Fair enough. You've convinced me there's more to talk about than Banjo.

I'll see which first party series weren't converted into spirits by Galeem and see what comes out of it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think it's fine to look at the other 3rd parties too. But i'd be at least a bit surprised if there weren't at least 1 first party. could be 2.
They're trying to appeal to new markets. Almost all of the Bandana Dee fans or the Issac fans or whatever 1st party fans already own the game. In contrast, there are plenty of Minecraft fans or Assasin's Creed fans or whatever 3rd party fans who don't own the game, but might but if they announce Steve/Ezio/Whoever. Unfortunately, it's just not profitable to add 1st parties.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I could do another long post on first parties, but i’ll let my upcoming article speak for me.

Basically, if the picks are similar to Joker...first parties from series already in Smash (or at least from series that don’t have a rotating roster like Pokémon and Fire Emblem) they offer next to nothing close to what 3rd parties do.
Are you allowed to say when your article's coming out? I've been low-key hyped for it

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Detective Pikachu had a subtle joke about snorting cocaine and I am glad.
There are two many drugs its hard to remember which one ya snort and which one ya don't. I get em' confused constantly.
One of those Nintendo Purists, I assume?
She actually rarely plays Nintendo.
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! Did you ever finish that HG sim that you forgot to put me in? I might just start one soon, but not yet.
I never got around to finishing it. Go ahead.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They're trying to appeal to new markets. Almost all of the Bandana Dee fans or the Issac fans or whatever 1st party fans already own the game. In contrast, there are plenty of Minecraft fans or Assasin's Creed fans or whatever 3rd party fans who don't own the game, but might but if they announce Steve/Ezio/Whoever. Unfortunately, it's just not profitable to add 1st parties.
Y'all better stop throwing around Ezio's name so casually so I don't get disappointed if he's not in. :V

D

Deleted member

TBH I'm only hoping Kasumi is coming as an Echo because I want Echo DLC.

Echo DLC means potential Octolings, so yes please.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not necessarily for all them. just like how they had Roy, Lucas and Corrin as dlc. i dont think it's worth making too many assumptions. i still expect most to be 3rd party characters tho

D

Deleted member

TBH I'm only hoping Kasumi is coming as an Echo because I want Echo DLC.

Echo DLC means potential Octolings, so yes please.
> Echo DLC x Erdrick/Luminary DLC = Potential Eight Echo DLC = Eight amiibo
> Echo DLC x Crash DLC = Coco Echo DLC
I approve and support your cause.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Detective Pikachu had a subtle joke about snorting cocaine and I am glad.
There are two many drugs its hard to remember which one ya snort and which one ya don't. I get em' confused constantly.

She actually rarely plays Nintendo.

I never got around to finishing it. Go ahead.
If the results of the last one proved anything, I should probably exclude myself from these from now on. I should wait until Zinith Zinith comes back before I take suggestions.

D

Deleted member

the answer is basically none of them

galeem did a whoozy on nintendo's first party lineup
Damn it! I guess there were casualties from World of Light after all.

What about series that only have one spirit representing them, being their protagonist? That's a gold mine for potential first party reps.

D

Deleted member

that would be a shame.

octolings have more than enough to be fully unique. Isabelle-level Semi Clone, at the very least.
I absolutely agree. However, first parties for the Fighter's Pass are pretty much dead IMO and Smash probably isn't gonna get a new game for a very, very long time after this, so I'd take it over nothing.

D

Deleted member

Damn it! I guess there were casualties from World of Light after all.

What about series that only have one spirit representing them, being their protagonist? That's a gold mine for potential first party reps.
Mach Rider please.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
My eyes keep watering staring at my phone.

Can't tell if it's allergies or something else.

D

Deleted member

Y'all aint ready for the dlc to be all third parties before Nintendo buys out every third party company in smash to make them retroactively first party.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Excellent, my shilling is working.
Honestly Ezio would be great. He's still behind a few other third parties for me wishlist-wise, namely Crash, Lara Croft, and Frogger, but he'd absolutely be hype.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I absolutely agree. However, first parties for the Fighter's Pass are pretty much dead IMO and Smash probably isn't gonna get a new game for a very, very long time after this, so I'd take it over nothing.
Wtf are you talking about Smash Hyper Mega was announced for next year

D

Deleted member

thanos gif.gif

Jack Frost is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom