• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Actually, I’m going to share another unpopular Smash opinion.

I believe that a 2nd Fighter Pass would mimic the first, and wouldn’t upgrade Assist Trophies, Spirits, or Stage characters. I believe this because it would ultimately only be done to satisfy the fans of those characters, with a steep decrease in profit margins.

I’m no businessman, i’m not quite sure why that seems like a sure thing to happen. To be fair, I would love a 2nd Pass. However, I do not believe it will happen.
I absolutely agree.
I don't really believe that we are getting any spirit or assist trophy upgrades, so this is the best way to go.

Sorry Morgana.
1557611644453.png

D

Deleted member

Big talk for someone within hugging distance
I don’t understand your post, since that’s the first time I’ve read a sentence like that.

Is that a compliment? Or a comment towards something I did?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of the previous topic, I feel that we can get a First Party character in the Fighter Pack. As much as fans complain about Corrin, every indication shows that the character still was successful despite being among the likes of Cloud and Ryu, and Fates did benefit from the cross-promotion, so something like that being done for a recent game or franchise like Astral Chains is definitely something Nintendo could repeat here.

Byleth disapproves of this post.

Seriously, why is there no Echoes music?
More then likely it's because Echoes released too late for them to get remixes for the tracks. It's basically like what happened with Radiant Dawn back in Brawl or Tropical Freeze with Smash 4, we were able to get some tracks from those games, but they weren't able to be changed up in any meaningful way. At the very least we got some good tracks like Lord of a Dead Empire and Scions dance in Purgatory out of it though.

With that said, no Twilight of the Gods or What lies in the End is a crime though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Look bros, if you don’t agree that’s fine but I think we’re getting two dlc reveals. I’m not trying to covert anyone either.

You should know by now that I won’t overreact if I’m wrong, you don’t gotta keep telling me to lower my expectations. I’m fine :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Look bros, if you don’t agree that’s fine but I think we’re getting two dlc reveals. I’m not trying to covert anyone either.

You should know by now that I won’t overreact if I’m wrong, you don’t gotta keep telling me to lower my expectations. I’m fine :drshrug:
I take that for granted, since you and I have a good chunk of patience.

The only thing I wish however is peace.

D

Deleted member

I'm with you on us getting two DLC reveals at E3.
The note Sakurai made, us getting two DLC reveals ( Roy and Ryu ) during a E3, you know it.
The evidence strongly points to two DLC reveals at E3.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Is it so bad to want a third party character that doesn’t feel promotional/if they’re promoting a new game at least have it be a character that existed before and has a fanbase already instead of just throwing someone new and hoping for the best?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
-Pokémon
-Animal Crossing
-Mario Maker 2
-Link’s Awakening
-Three Houses
-2 DLC reveals
-Some new thing that looks rad, draining my wallet even further
Noi posts thoughts

7 likes.

I know you never asked me but I'll go.

-Minimal Pokemon news
- Animal Crossing
-Mario Maker 2
-Three Houses
- 1 DLC Reveal
- Third Parties
- A new game
I post thoughts

3 likes.

Hmm...
1557611815482.png

D

Deleted member

Is it so bad to want a third party character that doesn’t feel promotional/if they’re promoting a new game at least have it be a character that existed before and has a fanbase already instead of just throwing someone new and hoping for the best?
I actually wanted DQ in Smash since I entered the internet.

I just didn’t want to say so in the past because... well... I was scared to put it in some form.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Btw what's with the upsurge of "Spirits disconfirm" going on? New info?
It's just the way that Spirits were handled w/ Joker.

Considering each DLC character is getting their own Spirit Board, it seems less likely that a 1st party series that already have a decent amount of spirits will get more outside of a Sword and Shield Pokemon or a Three Houses character.

Not impossible, but 3rd party characters seem much more likely at this point.

Wasn’t Samus Returns revealed at the Treehouse too?
Yes, but that's not exactly what I was referring to.

I'm saying that we'll get Pokemon news prior to E3, not in the E3 Direct, and they'll show off the 1st gameplay at E3.

I'm not sure we'll get another full game reveal at Treehouse though.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just realized my error...

Is it so bad to want a first party character that doesn’t feel promotional/if they’re promoting a new game at least have it be a character that existed before and has a fanbase already instead of just throwing someone new and hoping for the best?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I just realized my error...
The vast majority of my most wanted are non-promo 1st party characters.

It's not wrong to want them, but at this point you have to acknowledge that 3rd party characters are way more likely from a business perspective.

1st party characters don't expand the player base anywhere near as much as 3rd party characters do.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
That reminds me... it's May...

Shouldn't we be getting some fairly big Sword and Shield new this month, assuming May is usally when Pokemon stuff are announced?
Sometime this week or the next at the latest if I were to guess. SM had its first real news dump on the 13th while XY's came with Corocoro around the 15th, so it should be coming very soon.

D

Deleted member

It's not wrong to want them, but at this point you have to acknowledge that 3rd party characters are way more likely from a business perspective.

1st party characters don't expand the player base anywhere near as much as 3rd party characters do.
Yup, I expect more third party characters than first party ones for this pass.

At most, we may get one first party, if you ask me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Oh no, I completely understand if they go in full 3rd party I’m just saying if they decided to put in a 1st party I just don’t want it to feel as promotional this time around.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I’m going to share another unpopular Smash opinion.

I believe that a 2nd Fighter Pass would mimic the first, and wouldn’t upgrade Assist Trophies, Spirits, or Stage characters. I believe this because it would ultimately only be done to satisfy the fans of those characters, with a steep decrease in profit margins.

I’m no businessman, i’m not quite sure why that seems like a sure thing to happen. To be fair, I would love a 2nd Pass. However, I do not believe it will happen.
..Yeah that would make sense as those characters are already in Smash so no need to make them playable, Right? It would be a waste of development time when you could easily use that time to bring in new 3rd party franchises to represent.

But this is an unpopular opinion for sure, I don't like it at all but I do understand where you're coming from I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom