• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Question to the Pokemon fans:

Can I play Black 2 without playing through White? I have both, but I think I can get hard mode from someone and I'd rather get the old pokemon I know mixed in with the new. Which is how I understand B/W2 were.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Can I play Black 2 without playing through White? I have both, but I think I can get hard mode from someone and I'd rather get the old pokemon I know mixed in with the new. Which is how I understand B/W2 were.
if you mean "do i need to play the original gen 5 before playing the sequels," then no - i haven't played B/W and B/W2 are still my favourite games in the series

Iridium

Smash Hero

Yeah. The stories never intertwine, but if you have both, you can just do both if you want.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

You can, and you’ll be fine. Playing the original will enhance the experience though.

D

Deleted member

Here are my expectations and dream reveals for E3:

Dream Reveals: Earthbound 64 remake, SMRPG 2, Golden Sun 4, New F-Zero, Geno Reveal, MGS HD Collection, Banjo-Threeie.

Expectations: 1-2 Smash Reveals probably Erdrick and Banjo, Sword/Shield news, LoZ: Link's Awakening news, Three Houses news, Animal Crossing Switch, Pikmin 4.

Graizen

Smash Champion

Play White first, ITS AWESOME

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My expectations for E3:

-Stupid Sexy FByleth
-Pain
-No Xenobureido
-Pain+
-Gohan
-Pain+ Refined

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

You can play it without BW, there are benefits to playing the former of course such as better understanding of certain characters and story events, N's Pokémon, or the Memory Link, but it's not necessary.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Only one character reveal at e3 followed by an announcement that this isn’t the only fighter pack

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Dreams: Pikmin 4, a new Paper Mario game that's actually like the first two
Expectations: Last push for Mario Maker 2, Three Houses stuff, 2 Smash DLC fighter reveals, Astral Chain, Animal Crossing, LM3
Fears: Delays

D

Deleted member

Ok, let’s talk about E3:

-Dreams: Fantastic Four and Gwenpool in UA3, 2 Smash reveals (DQ Hero and Microsoft rep), new 2D Metroid, new DKC, new F-Zero, Animal Crossing date, DQXIS date, Rare Replay on Switch, release date for Battletoads, release date for FFVII Remake, Spyro on Switch, UA1+UA2 on Switch.

-Expectations: UA3 presence, Smash stuff, something involving Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, DQXIS, Battletoads trailer, FFVII Remake.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still need suggestions for the HG sim, if anybody is interested. The other thread may need to be used (right, osby osby ?) for this one.

@Onereasonanddone was already added by me, just because I wanted to, so that leaves 47 spots, unless I forgot some already.

D

Deleted member

Only one character reveal at e3 followed by an announcement that this isn’t the only fighter pack
I would not be disappointed by that at all in fact that would be what I want from Smash at E3

D

Deleted member

Everyone is saying an echo pass, but I doubt it.
There will be more passes, but none of them will be echo-fighter based passes.

D

Deleted member

Ok, let’s talk about E3:

-Dreams: Fantastic Four and Gwenpool in UA3, 2 Smash reveals (DQ Hero and Microsoft rep), new 2D Metroid, new DKC, new F-Zero, Animal Crossing date, DQXIS date, Rare Replay on Switch, release date for Battletoads, release date for FFVII Remake, Spyro on Switch, UA1+UA2 on Switch.

-Expectations: UA3 presence, Smash stuff, something involving Donkey Kong, Animal Crossing, DQXIS, Battletoads trailer, FFVII Remake.
>Doesn't expect an Erdrick reveal
Get a load of this guy.jpg

D

Deleted member

Everyone is saying an echo pass, but I doubt it.
There will be more passes, but none of them will be echo-fighter based passes.
We can’t say for sure doh.

And I say this as someone who was in the speculation community for Spider-Man PS4 suits.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why we didn’t get a Detective Pikachu alt in Smash?
Probably TPCI being TPCI.

They probably didn't want Detective Pikachu being able to use attacks like a normal Pikachu.

D

Deleted member

Predictions for E3?

Safe bet. Pretty much every game confirmed already on the February direct with:
-Astral Chain
-Luigi's Mansion 3
-Animal Crossing
-Daemon X Machina
-A Link's Awakening Remake
-Mario Maker 2
-Fire Emblem Three houses (let's go lions, let's go)
-MUA3
-3rd parties we already know coming to switch like Oninaki and Samurai Showdown

Possible. But can also be shown outside the E3
-More DQ XI S info
-At least one reveal of Smash DLC
-Pokemon Sword and Shield info

Hopes.
-Surprise ports of Xenoblade Chronicles X, Prime Trilogy, DKCR
-New first party announcements
-A series revival like F-Zero orKid Icarus

Honestly even without many new announcements, Nintendo is quite packed already

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I still need suggestions for the HG sim, if anybody is interested. The other thread may need to be used (right, osby osby ?) for this one.

@Onereasonanddone was already added by me, just because I wanted to, so that leaves 47 spots, unless I forgot some already.
How many people can we request, and is it user only?

For now, I'll simply just request myself
Why we didn’t get a Detective Pikachu alt in Smash?
No clue... I'd assume it was a little to late to be added

Though imo, it really wouldn't be the same without Ryan Reynolds' voice clips, which due to costs, would be pretty much impossible unfortunately.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we did get an Echo Pass and it DIDN'T include Big Boss. I would lose my ****.

Give me this beautiful *******.

Bonus points if they somehow manage to get Keifer Sutherland to return.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I think there’s room for a first-party or two in the dlc lineup. This notion that Nintendo characters in a Nintendo game won’t sell is odd to me. Like, wouldn’t it be at least as likely to sell considering it’s characters aimed at the target audience of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom