• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
After Joker, I know I can't possibly predict anything Nintendo's doing anymore. I couldn't have guessed "someone from Persona 5" if you gave me a thousand tries.

But speculation is too fun to stop!
In a way it reminds of pre-E3 Ultimate speculation, which was quite exciting. No one knows what the hell to expect, and there's no information to operate off of. So it becomes the wild west, so to speak. It's nice to have something to base speculation upon, but I also find this "anything goes" time to be very interesting.

This post is just a rambling agreement with you but let's pretend it's not.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's definitely under RE2 for sure haha. RE2 is at the top of my list right now because I know I'll enjoy it, while Ace Combat 7's something I'm interested in but don't really know much about other than it has P L A N E S .
I've seen a ton of good things about Ace Combat 7 despite knowing absolutely zero about the series. So I get you.

Really I just wanted an excuse to post that Claire wink. I rewatched Degeneration with my brother Wednesday night and I remember now that I ****ing love Claire Redfield.

D

Deleted member

This day has fixed all the problems I had yesterday, at least at the moment.
Just gotta see if my family member can get back home soon.

I will also see if I manage to get the blu-ray of Dragon Ball Broly when it launches.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
In a way it reminds of pre-E3 Ultimate speculation, which was quite exciting. No one knows what the hell to expect, and there's no information to operate off of. So it becomes the wild west, so to speak. It's nice to have something to base speculation upon, but I also find this "anything goes" time to be very interesting.

This post is just a rambling agreement with you but let's pretend it's not.
The DLC speculation right now is certainly a lot better than the box theory Ken and Incineroar **** people were just speculating about through September through November which, turn out to be true.

Personally I’m still set on Nightmare myself, maybe Siegfried could be an echo as well.
I would be down with that.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I had a pretty nifty idea for a boss. He basically can attack you, as all good bosses do, but he mainly relies around distracting the player. He can do stuff such as jumpscare you, put fake enemies on the screen, and put a funhouse mirror effect on your screen. He is basically a ghost clown, named Quinn, who will try to kill you, to send you to heaven, and he insists it’s for the better, and that his mission is to kill everyone who is still alive. What do you guys think?
CA0CE16A-B7DB-417A-8115-748FBA00A265.png

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I've seen a ton of good things about Ace Combat 7 despite knowing absolutely zero about the series. So I get you.

Really I just wanted an excuse to post that Claire wink. I rewatched Degeneration with my brother Wednesday night and I remember now that I ****ing love Claire Redfield.
Recently I've been trying to step out of my comfort zone and try some new types of games. I tend to stick to the same styles (shooters, platformers, RPGs, etc.), so I thought it'd be fun to maybe try a flight sim for a change. Experiment more I guess, you know? There's a lot out there so sometimes I feel like I'm not experiencing all the gaming world has to offer. I'll definitely wait and see if Ace Combat 7 goes on sale before buying it though since I'm more iffy on it.

I do think I'll probably cave and buy RE2 here soon though since I might be getting a bonus from work. It also doesn't help that pretty much all friends are also playing it lol.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I do think I'll probably cave and buy RE2 here soon though since I might be getting a bonus from work. It also doesn't help that pretty much all friends are also playing it lol.
Well even though it's single player only, there's a lot of content. So if you like the game it's far more than a rental. Accomplishing everything takes time. You have Leon's campaign, Claire's campaign, then the second run of each that dramatically shifts how the game is played and what you do. Then there's the Fourth Survivor mode, Tofu mode, and three individual story DLC add-ons coming for free.

I just beat Claire's second run on hardcore last night. I seriously cannot recommend this game enough as a longtime RE fan that's been begging for basically this exactly for like a decade. It might be my favorite RE game.

D

Deleted member

I was doing a Spirit challenge in Halberd.
I was Ike and I up b to make it on to the stage, and I go through the stage even though I clearly touched the ledge.
:lol:

I need thirty spirits until I have them all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
The DLC speculation right now is certainly a lot better than the box theory Ken and Incineroar **** people were just speculating about through September through November which, turn out to be true.

I would be down with that.
Please, box theory was great.

As someone who totally didn't know it was the truth, I liked it, it's just that people put too much faith in Nintendo's marketing/Grinch.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So I looked up the list of games on the gamepass and all three Banjo games are on it yet Minecraft is nowhere to be found. Doesn't mean the MS Rep is going to be Banjo but at least there's an incentive for him.
I mean, does Minecraft need to be there when Cross-Play already exists for the game?

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Well even though it's single player only, there's a lot of content. So if you like the game it's far more than a rental. Accomplishing everything takes time. You have Leon's campaign, Claire's campaign, then the second run of each that dramatically shifts how the game is played and what you do. Then there's the Fourth Survivor mode, Tofu mode, and three individual story DLC add-ons coming for free.

I just beat Claire's second run on hardcore last night. I seriously cannot recommend this game enough as a longtime RE fan that's been begging for basically this exactly for like a decade. It might be my favorite RE game.
Yea I vastly prefer story-driven single-player games over multiplayer games, so I tend to make the most out of them. It's good to hear that it's got a lot to offer though in terms of content. I'm sure I'll enjoy it; Resident Evil's just one of those franchises I've somehow missed out on despite the material being right up my alley.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would honestly say that Ultimate's speculation was the worst solely because how absolutely nasty it gotten. It was mostly normal, the same old leak like other speculation periods, people casually debate it, and then September happens. New direct, people are hyped, and then delay due to earthquake. Isaac time, right? Isabelle, massive salt, everyone's screaming on the topic of deserving and who deserves to get in, nobody agrees, a box causes even more drama, and then... the Grinch. It just had to be real? I mean, it is Ultimate? Or was it too good to be true? Everyone's anxious, slinging crap at each other, reports of harassment, brigading, all that jazz. And then

It happens

The November 1st direct is live, and the Grinch gets suplexed by Tony the Tiger, and then Plant.

The fandom went nuclear that day, like, far worse then Gemastu, this was a whole different beast of anger, threats disappointments. Claims that Sakurai should be ashamed, all that.

Because of all of that, I would say that Smash Ult. Speculation wasn't fun at all, instead of nice conversations on who might make the cut, it was more like an unorginized political debate. I much prefered Smash 4's speculation.

I do like the DLC talk we have here though, it's nice and quaint, kinda like Smash 4's DLC talks.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I would honestly say that Ultimate's speculation was the worst solely because how absolutely nasty it gotten. It was mostly normal, the same old leak like other speculation periods, people casually debate it, and then September happens. New direct, people are hyped, and then delay due to earthquake. Isaac time, right? Isabelle, massive salt, everyone's screaming on the topic of deserving and who deserves to get in, nobody agrees, a box causes even more drama, and then... the Grinch. It just had to be real? I mean, it is Ultimate? Or was it too good to be true? Everyone's anxious, slinging crap at each other, reports of harassment, brigading, all that jazz. And then

It happens

The November 1st direct is live, and the Grinch gets suplexed by Tony the Tiger, and then Plant.

The fandom went nuclear that day, like, far worse then Gemastu, this was a whole different beast of anger, threats disappointments. Claims that Sakurai should be ashamed, all that.

Because of all of that, I would say that Smash Ult. Speculation wasn't fun at all, instead of nice conversations on who might make the cut, it was more like an unorginized political debate. I much prefered Smash 4's speculation.

I do like the DLC talk we have here though, it's nice and quaint, kinda like Smash 4's DLC talks.
I dunno, I thought it was hilarious. I don't really take these things seriously, though.

D

Deleted member

I mean, does Minecraft need to be there when Cross-Play already exists for the game?
No but that's not what I'm getting at I was saying that if they wanted to advertise the Gamepass they could add Banjo which in turn means there's an incentive to add Banjo. Of course Steve and Minecraft already have their incentives but now there's a reason they might want to add Banjo besides just fan service.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Please, box theory was great.

As someone who totally didn't know it was the truth, I liked it, it's just that people put too much faith in Nintendo's marketing/Grinch.
"Nintendo would never let the box give away the rest of the characters!"

"Never!"

If anything I'm just glad that - HOPEFULLY - the Box Theory becoming the Box Law made people realize that Smash isn't special.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno, I thought it was hilarious. I don't really take these things seriously, though.
It was entertaining on how far people would go, to say the least, but the harassment of insiders and ESPECIALLY the Isaac Earthquake theories were way too disrespectful for my liking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has anyone played prodigy it's a low quality Pokemon bootleg it makes you answer math questions to do anything and like everything has a pay wall

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Speaking of speculation seasons, I hope everyone's ready for Pokemon Gen 8. That's a whole different beast to Smash, as faking is so much easier: you don't have to prove that x character is in the game with a blurry screenshot, you just have to make an accurate-looking drawing of an original monster and claim it's a new Pokemon.

Shroob

Sup?

It happens

This was a really in super poor taste belief to be blunt.

I always hated the "EARTHQUAKE? ISAAC IS CONFIRMED GUIZ!" mentality. It honestly felt cold as **** towards the people of Hokkaido by making light of their situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom