• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Sadly at this point I just can't see Banjo making it if Isaac couldn't for the same reason.

He's from a dead franchise at this point and if Isaac couldn't make it for that reason despite the demand. I can't see Banjo either.
Speaking of Isaac, that reminds me...

There is a short list of characters who have the honor of being mentioned by Sakurai by name: Isaac is actually one of them (he talked about him back when Melee came out). For context, he talked about him in relation to why he wasn't chosen (Sakurai didn't want too many main characters or something to that effect), though he was brought up in the same breath as Wario, so there's that.

Geno is the better known of the characters Sakurai has actually talked about, since it happened pretty recently (and it was a positive remark, though more of a "Man, I sure do wish I could use this character~." kind of thing.

Banjo has the infamous "Adult problems" thing.

I'll always find Sakurai's opinion that "Takamaru doesn't have western appeal" ironically funny because it's not like it stopped him from including Marth and Roy (and clearly he doesn't know that Westerners think Samurais are rad).
Not a lot. I don't usually do anything outside.
Sometimes a small change in your routine is what you need.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Speaking of Isaac, that reminds me...

There is a short list of characters who have the honor of being mentioned by Sakurai by name: Isaac is actually one of them (he talked about him back when Melee came out). For context, he talked about him in relation to why he wasn't chosen (Sakurai didn't want too many main characters or something to that effect), though he was brought up in the same breath as Wario, so there's that.

Geno is the better known of the characters Sakurai has actually talked about, since it happened pretty recently (and it was a positive remark, though more of a "Man, I sure do wish I could use this character~." kind of thing.

Banjo has the infamous "Adult problems" thing.

I'll always find Sakurai's opinion that "Takamaru doesn't have western appeal" ironically funny because it's not like it stopped him from including Marth and Roy (and clearly he doesn't know that Westerners think Samurais are rad).

Sometimes a small change in your routine is what you need.
Or Erdrick if the Rumors are to be believed. Well not that much western appeal anyways

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have great news!
My family member's health seems to be improving!
She may pass it fine!

D

Deleted member

I feel like Eddy’s the only ad were getting because dq in the West

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because that's how Nintendo had always been given Sm4sh.
Last time I checked Corrin was neither picked by Nintendo or a Pokemon.

There is like a decade between those two things.

Noipoi

Howdy!
While Erdrick, Steve, Edellgard and a Gen 8 Pokemon are pretty safe choices, I honestly wouldn't mind that list to be honest.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
ok folks buckle down here's the real fighter's pass lineup
  • joker
  • innkeeper karl
  • master chief
  • katalina
  • 3ds sound budgie
source: my dad is nintendo

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-He’s the only Grinch survivor of the November massacre.
the other western 3rd Parties
1.Western negotiations/travel costs
This post makes me think of a history lesson.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
While Erdrick, Steve, Edellgard and a Gen 8 Pokemon are pretty safe choices, I honestly wouldn't mind that list to be honest.
Tis too bad they'd likely go with another generic swordsman known as Byleth then axe user Edelgard given Byleth is the main character...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ok folks buckle down here's the real fighter's pass lineup
  • joker
  • innkeeper karl
  • master chief
  • katalina
  • 3ds sound budgie
source: my dad is nintendo
what the **** is this horse****

is nintendo really gonna shunt reckless wii remote safety man AGAIN??????

of course it's just to shill more ****ing birds we already have falco jesus christ

D

Deleted member

I do not think there are guaranteed characters.
Smash Ultimate DLC is very unpredictable, because of Joker and what Reggie said.
Smash Ultimate DLC is looking very hype, actually.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I'm not mistaken, Nintendo, and TPC company, doesn't care if Sakurai picks a new Pokemon. He deliberatley left a spot open for Incineroar, when it could have been filled up (he flat out said he remembered that Sun and Moon came out, implying that he wasn't approached) and he chose Greninja on his own terms. In fact, in Brawl, there were more Gen 1 newcomers than there were of Gen 4, which does not fit into the idea of promotion.

Noipoi

Howdy!
what the **** is this horse****

is nintendo really gonna shunt reckless wii remote safety man AGAIN??????

of course it's just to shill more ****ing birds we already have falco jesus christ
Wii Remote Safety Man has been irrelevant for years, he's only being kept alive because of the Smash community.

3DS sound Budgie is a modern icon who deserves it more than Wii Safety Man. Take off your nostalgia goggles.

D

Deleted member

Banjo is in such a weird position right now.

-He’s the only Grinch survivor of the November massacre. Ken (confirmed) Shadow and Isaac (ATs) Mach Rider Chorus Kids and Geno (Spirits)
I remember the war of ‘18. Inwatched as Shadow was slaughtered right before my eyes... I called out for help, and Geno came up to lend me a helping hand, only to be shot by a bullet. The developers will pay...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Because that's how Nintendo had always been given Sm4sh.
Alright, as someone who legitimately wants BOTH Edelgard/3 House rep and a Gen 8 Pokemon, I'm not as confident in their actual chances as you are.

Historical precedent does not equal it's guaranteed to happen. We've been burned by assumptions way too much for this to be a strong argument.

And considering:
1. You're basing this assumption off of one game.
2. Sakurai had the most power for DLC for Smash 4, not Nintendo.

You can't jump to conclusions on what Nintendo as a company would do.

Because as of right now, we have Joker announced for DLC and the only thing related to him on a Nintendo console is Persona Q2.

D

Deleted member

Wii Remote Safety Man has been irrelevant for years, he's only being kept alive because of the Smash community.

3DS sound Budgie is a modern icon who deserves it more than Wii Safety Man. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
pfft tell me when 3ds sound budgie EVER becomes more iconic then reckless wii remote safety man

who even used 3ds sound anyways

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I dunno what's gonna happen with DLC. I'll keep praying, but I'll also be the first to talk about how unlikely my most wanted are.

I haven't bought the pass yet. Maybe I will if I want to be a completionist, but the truth is that I don't know who Joker is at all. I'm also in the camp that thinks that there's too much in Erdrick's favor now, and I don't know him either.

I guess I'll wait and see. I was salty about Bayo last round, but I was actually excited to play her for Ultimate. Maybe I'll like them. Or maybe I won't.

I just think that there aren't too many characters that we can discount right now...

D

Deleted member

Kinda just felt bored so I did this to reflect on the Grinch banner to see how real or fake it is after sprucing it up a bit;
1549228701634.jpeg

Needless to say it looks worse in Hindsight in my opinion. Dedede looks kind of off and IIRC the Sky isn't supposed to be that blue

Attachments

D

Deleted member

the truth is that I don't know who Joker is at all.
Hello Cap, I am the Joker from this Shin Megami Tensei spin off we live in.
Unlike my alternate from the Persona Earth, I am pacifist and have am awful voice. Besides that, our looks are pretty similar.

well, time to drop the game until Joker comes out. I have no motivation to play it
K.Rool and the Metroid reps are enough to keep me playing it.

Iridium

Smash Hero
tbh unless they pull a pokemon with fe edelguard doesn't have a chance

also i spent way too much time watching this
This is becoming the next "Who can go under?" sort of trend, but as a tier list. I've seen so many videos like this.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Here are my predictions for DLC:

- Playable Mother 3 game cartridge ("give us Mother 3 [in Smash]!")
- Hideo Kojima (because he's close friends with Sakurai)
- TOWN rep
- Steve from Stranger Things (Netflix rep, promotion for season 3)

KMDP

Smash Legend
There is like a decade between those two things.
Oh boy, I get to pull out the Tin-Foil Hat for the first time in months!

CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME!

I think the more pressing thing is that Nintendo probably has no intention of doing anything (major) with Mysterious Murasame Castle and Sakurai knows this.

Including Takamaru would likely drum up interest in the series, which would cause people to want more MMC, just like it's done for other series (you know the ones). Nintendo has enough franchises on hiatus (or in development (hell)) that fans are chomping at the bit for more of, and adding another series that is currently dormant with very little demand to that pile is just asking for "trouble".

Smash keeps certain series' in the fans' bubble of perception, it's a powerful marketing tool.

And we know that when Nintendo doesn't want to do something they can be very stubborn about it (Mother 3).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

well, time to drop the game until Joker comes out. I have no motivation to play it
did u spend hours grinding quickplay and trying your hardest to get your casual ass into elite smash but consistently fail because A. you suck and B. you keep on running into scummy ruleset users

bc you haven't truly taken in the full smash ultimate experience if you haven't done that

R O F L

Smash Ace
who even used 3ds sound anyways
It was always cool to listen to environmental noises while watching excitebike.

Kinda just felt bored so I did this to reflect on the Grinch banner to see how real or fake it is after sprucing it up a bit;
View attachment 190076
Needless to say it looks worse in Hindsight in my opinion. Dedede looks kind of off and IIRC the Sky isn't supposed to be that blue
Wow, did we really think that was real?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
View attachment 190076
Yeah, looking back now I’ll admit it’s pretty off, but it was convincing as hell at the time and nobody can tell me otherwise.

-Isaac is way too small and something is seriously wrong with his leg.

-Jigglypuff’s eyes are weird and spaced out.

-I don’t know what’s up with Shadow’s arm, is it supposed to bigger then the other or a gun held sideways facing the camera?

-Was that really Skull Kid under Mach Rider?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Only because :ultgreninja:made base roster.

If he hadn't. Likely would had been promotional DLC.
Bad excuse, as that didn’t stop Fire Emblem from getting Robin/Lucina in the base game and Corrin for dlc
did u spend hours grinding quickplay and trying your hardest to get your casual *** into elite smash but consistently fail because A. you suck and B. you keep on running into scummy ruleset users

bc you haven't truly taken in the full smash ultimate experience if you haven't done that
Elite Smash ain’t worth it...that’s why I only do arena battles

D

Deleted member

Bad excuse, as that didn’t stop Fire Emblem from getting Robin/Lucina in the base game and Corrin for dlc

Elite Smash ain’t worth it...that’s why I only do arena battles
yeah i got in there once with chrom a couple days after launch and then got 3 ffas in a row and got kicked out lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom