• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i mean debate gang a is kind of objectively better

really gang b transgressed into our turf, our hood, and debated our men

tell me how that's fair, cyn
I forgot there is a reason I don't make examples here. I remember now. Lol. :p

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Who's the bear?

Dibs on bear.
That would be the mascot of Danganronpa, Monokuma.

I'd perhaps be more willing to partake in "serious" debates if Ace Attorney gifs were allowed.

Why the hell haven't I just bought the games on the 3DS Eshop yet?
I want a debate thread where everyone is legally obligated to use Ace Attorney gifs in all their posts.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm too lazy to go back and quote anyone, but when's the last time someone here said "nazis are okay"?

The way some users talk about this thread you'd think there'd be people saying that stuff all the time. But I haven't seen anyone defend extreme bigoted ideologies in this thread once.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm too lazy to go back and quote anyone, but when's the last time someone here said "nazis are okay"?

The way some users talk about this thread you'd think there'd be people saying that stuff all the time. But I haven't seen anyone defend extreme bigoted ideologies in this thread once.
Thats the joke, no one has

D

Deleted member

I have seen a racist person in the NintenZone thread before.
There are people in here who are good at hiding controversial opinions. There could be bigots lurking here right now.

D

Deleted member

I forgot there is a reason I don't make examples here. I remember now. Lol. :p
obviously the solution is to make an example out of someone

not me though

i can't go back to baby jail i just rebuilt my stable life please

i have a family

ok well i have a bird but she counts

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I have seen a racist person in the NintenZone thread before.
There are people in here who are good at hiding controversial opinions. There could be bigots lurking here right now.
You make it seem like by the very fact it is controversial, it's a bigoted and/or racist opinion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why are my points so distant to some of you?
I'm gonna be honest and say you aren't good at making your points Shiny.

Like... I get what you're saying but the points are clumsy so they don't really add anything.

I guess try to make the point more logical rather then emotional. Give the why and how to your point.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of:

I always thought GBJ was an offensive term.

But my Bi-friend says it's just common.

The more you know I guess? :dr^_^:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I agree. And if this theoretical instance was still written into law, it could and should be debated in a civil manner......

I hope you don't mistake me for being on the "other side" of the discussion; I'm definitely pro-trans, and am a lesbian myself. I just take issue with the idea of not letting someone voice an opposing opinion in a civil discussion.
I remeber I got called out as a transphobe and No matter how hard I tried to say I wasnt, no one, will the two people, wouldnt listen. Because you wouldnt be callin me that if you knew me closely pff

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always thought GBJ was an offensive term.

But my Bi-friend says it's just common.

The more you know I guess? :dr^_^:
Thankfully GBJ has never been a widespread slur.

If people tried, they'd just be laughed at.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Some of y'all need to stop acting like you're oppressed.

Your trials are nothing compared to the hardships gamers go through every day in this society, suck it up.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I remeber I got called out as a transphobe and No matter how hard I tried to say I wasnt, no one, will the two people, wouldnt listen
I got called a transphobe for trying to talk about bugs before.

I had... no idea what was going on at the time so I was completely blindsided, especially when I'm close friends with a couple trans people. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be honest and say you aren't good at making your points Shiny.

Like... I get what you're saying but the points are clumsy so they don't really add anything.

I guess try to make the point more logical rather then emotional. Give the why and how to your point.
Hmm, let me think of a point to make...
This should help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
TFW Ad Astra gets moved from May this year to September. :glare:

Oh well at least there's still Brightburn and of course my most anticipated Godzilla 2. :grin:

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I remeber I got called out as a transphobe and No matter how hard I tried to say I wasnt, no one, will the two people, wouldnt listen
That is a problem that I do not like to see and I am sorry that happened to you. Just because you are trying to see something from another angle or point of view does not mean you should be labelled as something negatively. Being labelled as a -phobe of anything, when you know you aren't, feels pretty ****ty.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hmmm, I do not like this meme.
It offends autistic people.
I get where you're coming from. There's a good chance that I have aspergers myself, and I detest when people use "autism" as a form of insult.

...There's a few very rare and harmless instances of that meme though (and to be fair, I don't think the original image the meme format came from referenced autism at all), where even I just can't help but laugh at it a little.

Headcanon: this image is exactly how XJ-9 would react if she Googled herself.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hmm, let me think of a point to make...
This should help.
According to the post you quoted, the problem isn't the points you're making, the problem is you're not good at making them.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Anyways, I'm backing out of this, I gave my opinion on the matter; I do not come here for debate on these kinds of topics. I come here to watch and participate in some light-hearted discussion and enjoy memes with a spattering of moderation and doing pranks for people mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom