• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Time for a new poll!

What condiment do you like on your tuna sandwiches?

>Ranch
>Ketchup
>Mayo
>P***

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lots and the list does not shrink. Every time I ask if there is anyone else who wants to be added, at least two more say yes. So the list has actually grown rather than shrunk as I have gone along.
You can remove me from the list as:

-My turn will never arrive anyway
-The mods are already overloaded with work :V

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
To be fair, I have seen a racist person post racist stuff in NintenZone.
How can I treat said user if I don't even know what they are? I never said that all guests are bad.
For all you know, anyone here could be a racist.
But that doesn't mean you should treat every single person here as a racist.
Especially if they're not making any racist comments.
If someone here only treats you w/ respect and kindness, you should treat them the same way.

D

Deleted member

Don't even get me started on those ****ing horntooters.

I will not apologize for my trainsphobia. It's warranted.
captain marvel must be your least favorite mcu movie then
faygoshill
bringing the current conversation to a grinding halt in order to talk about **** he's interested in with every single goddamn post since 2018

D

Deleted member

Time for a new poll!

What condiment do you like on your tuna sandwiches?

>Ranch
>Ketchup
>Mayo
>P***
I know it's a joke poll but is there really that many people in the world that put ranch on tuna sandwiches for you to even consider it an option?
I feel like my entire worldview has just been shattered.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
This is taking me back to when I was a kid and would say things like "Contain your autism" when people acted weird.

To be fair, I didn't know it was an actual thing. I just thought it was an insult that "cool internet people" used, but still
View attachment 217860
When I was even younger than you are now, people on the internet used "gay" as an insult way more often than it ever is nowadays. I also frequently saw people used the phrase "fake and gay" on YT videos showcasing video game hacks, mods, and also simple troll videos. Nowadays such usage of the word has almost entirely disappeared. Most of the time people just use "autism", now.

It feels like more of a dumb and really ****ty trend than anything else. Eventually people will stop using "autism" and move on to the next offensive and "relevant" insult they can think of.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I feel like I made things too heated, I'm sorry.
Shiny, Shiny. Don't be sorry. You aren't the reason that things get heated at all. The thing is, when a topic is being explored in the social thread and the users give their opinions on them, your posts fall into two categories. One, they would go off on a tangent that doesn't really go anywhere, or two, you say a sentence about the topic at hand, but it doesn't really look any further than surface level, and thus doesn't really get off the ground. A lot of this comes from experience at furthering discussions, but you'll get the hang of it.

Also posting relevant memes is a huge plus.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
To be fair, I have seen a racist person post racist stuff in NintenZone.
How can I treat said user if I don't even know what they are? I never said that all guests are bad.
Except the post Zinith quoted was basically you saying "anyone could be a bigot", which implies you think even people here could be bigots, and we're just hiding it.

Which, as a result, implies you're overly paranoid and don't trust us.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For all you know, anyone here could be a racist.
But that doesn't mean you should treat every single person here as a racist.
Especially if they're not making any racist comments.
If someone here only treats you w/ respect and kindness, you should treat them the same way.
It’s me

I’m the racist

I hate racing

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I’ll just be honest and say that not only is it my default to treat folks with respect, I actually like going out of my way to help people or be kind.

It may be because I teach poverty level African Americans, have had loved ones die of Cancer, have a gay brother, loving parents, a girlfriend whose sister has an intellectual disability, and the various medical issues I have faced. It all gave me perspective. Not to mention, my dad works a blue collar job, and while having a rough exterior is a teddy bear deep down. He does make a bad joke to his black co-workers (and one who I believe is of Iraqi origin. My dad claims the guy laughed, but he really shouldn’t do that. I love my dad to death though.)

However, it shouldn’t have to come down to the experiences we have to have empathy for others. I can’t tell you the emotion I feel when I hear something horrible happen to a family member of a student. My last teaching job sucked, and while I was extremely stressed at my first day, I found out a student I was teaching found out his dad, who lived in another state, died of a heart attack.

A little while later, his brother who also lived in this other state, killed himself because he had no outlet for his grief.

I never can imagine what that must feel like, especially for a 9th grader. I went home and cried.

Now, even if I want to strangle the old white man in a MAGA hat in the booth next to me at a restaurant, even if I want to tell off a random dude on Facebook, everyone has a story. A lot of kids in school who say things that are highly disagreeable have written things about themselves that show how hurt they are on the inside. Kids have shown me journal entries that speak to their mental state.

But, when I show them how much good they can do, they see value in themselves and become a beacon of light, rather than a fizzled out, blinking light bulb.

Legit, this isn’t a “Look at what a great person I am” post. I’m saying it because it’s like screaming in my brain , “SAY IT *****”. I just think there’s value in this discussion.

Thanks for reading guys. I’ll cut it out for now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The best cookie is snickerdoodle and you can't change my mind.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
(hey, let's keep this on the down low, but let's stop asking people if they want to join *wink* *wink* so that the people in the queue all have their shot in due time)
I've actually thought about doing this but I'd feel bad if everyone that wanted to be included, wasn't.
You can remove me from the list as:

-My turn will never arrive anyway
-The mods are already overloaded with work :V
I'm not doing that. It'll arrive eventually. It is random, so you never know, you might be called next.
His mansion. Filtered and overly-compressed with a population sign at the front house, for whatever reason.
Just to sate my curiosity, what is the population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom