• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To be fair, I have seen a racist person post racist stuff in NintenZone.
How can I treat said user if I don't even know what they are? I never said that all guests are bad.
Seeing a racist post and acting upon it (and I believe you) is a different story altogether. Let's say I'm one of those users with "hidden racist views" but doesn't convey it in my entire time talking to you. At that moment it is not your concern what my beliefs are as there's no political exchange. However, if I all of a sudden bring it out in conversation, then you can deal with it. I have opened up my beliefs to scrutiny and that's on me, not on anyone else.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing a racist post and acting upon it (and I believe you) is a different story altogether. Let's say I'm one of those users with "hidden racist views" but doesn't convey it in my entire time talking to you. At that moment it is not your concern what my beliefs are as there's no political exchange. However, if I all of a sudden bring it out in conversation, then you can deal with it. I have opened up my beliefs to scrutiny and that's on me, not on anyone else.
I ****ing knew you hated Scandinavians

D

Deleted member

I understand your opinion, but if there is a racist user in here, I am reporting them ASAP, even before they post.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Time for a new poll!

What condiment do you like on your tuna sandwiches?

>Ranch
>Ketchup
>Mayo
>P***
Mayo. Tuna is, coincidentally, the only type of sandwich I like mayonnaise on.

Unless the "Village's stick is a club" crowd considers potato salad a sandwich.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I understand your opinion, but if there is a racist user in here, I am reporting them ASAP, even before they post.
Are you even listening to what Zinith is saying, or is it just in one ear and out the other? For that matter, how would you know someone was racist before they even say anything?

Shiny, please. Your argument is making less and less sense as time goes on.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all are mentioning favorite cookies and aren't bringing up the good ol' classic?
cooki.png

smh my head

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've been playing Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise lately. Pretty good game so far. I forgot to save at some point so I'm sure I have to re-do most of chapter 5. But that might be for the best, Rei's hard as **** and it feels like I'm not doing enough damage to the dude. It'd be smart to grind up since he was 7 levels ahead of me. I got preeeeety close a couple times though. Just need to re-do the chapter, save a bit more often and beat him already.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've actually thought about doing this but I'd feel bad if everyone that wanted to be included, wasn't.
Hey Cyndane, does that list of those signed up still in order by who signed up when, or is it alphabetical? I very much hope for the former, so I'll continue.

Idea that works with anything similar to this situation: weight.

If you randomly select a name, weight the list.

1. [Name] -> n occurences in the RNG. Highest weighted option
2. [Name] -> n-1 occ.
3. [Name] -> n-2
4. [Name] -> n-3
/
/
/

n-3. [Name] -> 4
n-2. [Name] -> 3
n-1. [Name]-> 2
n [Name] -> 1. Lowest weighted option.

This looks more complicated than what I envisioned, but you could have it so that the longer that a name has been on a list, the more likely they are to be chosen. "n" is just the number of names. I know that this doesn't really solve your problem of too many people signing up, but I realized that too late into writing this post so I'm gonna run with it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think the last type of cookie I ate was Chocolate chip. I don't eat cookies anymore. Having false teeth affects you hard sometimes, heh.

Shroob

Sup?
Can we toss "Shiny's logic train" in the 8 Mysteries of the General Thread, alongside "Who the peck is Freezerburn?"

D

Deleted member

Are you even listening to what Zinith is saying, or is it just in one ear and out the other? For that matter, how would you know someone was racist before they even say anything?

Shiny, please. Your argument is making less and less sense as time goes on.
Okay, I was wrong there.
If they post, I can check their profile, avatar, etc. and report them.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey Cyndane, does that list of those signed up still in order by who signed up when, or is it alphabetical? I very much hope for the former, so I'll continue.

Idea that works with anything similar to this situation: weight.

If you randomly select a name, weight the list.

1. [Name] -> n occurences in the RNG. Highest weighted option
2. [Name] -> n-1 occ.
3. [Name] -> n-2
4. [Name] -> n-3
/
/
/

n-3. [Name] -> 4
n-2. [Name] -> 3
n-1. [Name]-> 2
n [Name] -> 1. Lowest weighted option.

This looks more complicated than what I envisioned, but you could have it so that the longer that a name has been on a list, the more likely they are to be chosen. "n" is just the number of names. I know that this doesn't really solve your problem of too many people signing up, but I realized that too late into writing this post so I'm gonna run with it.
If you could point me to the webapp that does that without me having to think about it, it would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom