• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I’m going to do a video on creating spirit in Smash and need some bois to make. For the heck of it, they don’t even need to be Nintendo characters. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

god chrom's ledgetrapping is so good

you can just kinda hold shield and use an oos option and it works

i have to practice it though since chrom has basically no edgeguarding capabilities

KMDP

Smash Legend
A little upset at the position I'm in. Bored otherwise.
Maybe you shouldn't be sitting that way then.

Hahaha I'm so (un)funny!

i have to practice it though since chrom has basically no edgeguarding capabilities
...Well, you can hold shield until the shield breaks I guess.

D

Deleted member

Maybe you shouldn't be sitting that way then.

Hahaha I'm so (un)funny!

...Well, you can hold shield until the shield breaks I guess.
yeah but ppl usually get up before my shield even comes close to breaking

and if they don't then they leave themselves open for a punish

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What differences would Crow have from Joker if he's an echo fighter? I believe that the obvious ones would be.
1.) Overall more range in his A moves
2.) Having the Ken treatment of having some different attacks and maybe a new FS.
3.) His elemental properties are changed like Dark Samus

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I remember when Ghiraham used to be a popular pick pre-Smash 4 but now that he got deconfirmed as an AT, most of his support is dead in the water since it was now or never for him at that time.

Not in the manner of relevance but in being the Flavor of the Month like :ultgreninja::ultincineroar: or :ultcorrin: since Skyward Sword was the primary new Zelda game at the time.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

My favourite ledge traps are with Ridley and Piranha Plant, Ridley's down smash covers like, everything and the little hop he does dodges getup attacks, which my friends keep crying bull**** on. The one with Piranha Plant is using her poison cloud on the edge when they're on it, every time I do that, they ALWAYS seem to roll, which Plant's Fsmash reaches lmao

D

Deleted member

If we were to get another Smash Ballot who do you guys think would make the top 20?

D

Deleted member

My favourite ledge traps are with Ridley and Piranha Plant, Ridley's down smash covers like, everything and the little hop he does dodges getup attacks, which my friends keep crying bull**** on. The one with Piranha Plant is using her poison cloud on the edge when they're on it, every time I do that, they ALWAYS seem to roll, which Plant's Fsmash reaches lmao
You do have good taste.
It is so easy to edgeguard with Ridley. Ridley has all of the good tools.
I only use Ridley's down smash when I know my opponent will roll into me.

PP's Poison Cloud + Jab does a wack ton of damage.

D

Deleted member

ngl ledge jump is underrated ppl don't seem to use it to avoid plant cloud

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If we were to get another Smash Ballot who do you guys think would make the top 20?
If it's just counting the Smash Bubble, Isaac, Geno, Banjo.

But outside it, it would be hard to tell. After the November direct, people thouhh the ballot was a sham as those characters weren't in the game, despite fan polls having them up high, with only K. Rool being picked. But then Sakurai came out and said that it was for K. Rool, Ridley (who was thought to be dead in the water around the time of the Ballot) and the Belmonts (who probably did much better than what people gave them credit for), and then there was Chrom and DS added due to fan demand, so them placing high wasn't out the question.

So in terms of fan ballots, probably the most popular from the Grinch + Dee, but in terms of the official ballot, who knows.

Tbh, the only one I could see placing high in both, like top of the top... would be Bandanna Dee

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
1.Waluigi who will be the winner cause let’s be honest, he’ll win if there’s a new Ballot.
2.Isaac
3.Banjo
4.Geno
5.Shadow
6.Skull Kid
7.Bandana Dee
8.Dixie Kong
9.Shantae
10.Shovel Knight
11.Bomberman
12.Ashely
13.Rayman
14.Sora
15.Krystal
16.Lyn
17.Spring-Man
18.Rex & Pyra
19.Elma
20.Chrous Kids

Of course these choices depend if we focus on the major hardcore Smash community.

D

Deleted member

You say that but literally every time I ledge jump I just instantly get bodied
yeah i normally play characters with good aerial drift/ huge disjoints so i can just kinda drift to the other end of the stage and/or swing my way down and it works

i've been having a hard time landing with ness and other floaties though

Dee Dude

3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Honestly outside of the Smash Bubble (Banjo/Isaac/Geno), I honestly have no idea who casuals and public people would vote for.

I know Shadow, Waluigi, and Dee will still place high in it regardless since they’re all well known and popular among gamers and are wanted by both casuals and hardcores.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Isaac, Geno, Banjo, Bandanna Dee, and Rex I think are very likely to be in the top 20.

As for Third Parties, I think Sora and Shadow have a good shot as well.

D

Deleted member

Look at this showoff from Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru.
weeee.jpg
He literally looks like child Marth.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He became very dominant in Japan in Smash 4 near the end, jumping from around the 100s area to 8th, and got in the all-time PGR as well. Now he's just beating almost everyone like it's easy, including my ego.
Is he an actual human...cause this seems more like a Shaggy kind of guy

D

Deleted member

BWD and Waluigi are givens
Isaac, Geno, Banjo, and other heavy hitter requests too
Bias but Rex is also likely to reach top 20

D

Deleted member

I asked people if they want to play Ultimate, and they refuse.
So I am playing Ultimate alone, as always.
AND YET THEY ARE PLAYING SMASH 4. WHY????

D

Deleted member

The movie is over.

I loved it and it completely made up for the day I had yesterday.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I wanna make longer videos, but when I make a script I like, and record it, the video comes out really short.
Try to slow down when you're talking, I noticed that you were speaking pretty fast in your video (unless that was limited to the Discord plug).
I asked people if they want to play Ultimate, and they refuse.
So I am playing Ultimate alone, as always.
AND YET THEY ARE PLAYING SMASH 4. WHY????
I... what? Huh?

Smash Ultimate basically has everything Smash 4 has and more!

Unless they want to play Smash Tour specifically, that mindset boggles my mind.

D

Deleted member

Good lord the fight scenes.

They were like the final battle of ITSV but on steroids.

It was intense and fantastic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly outside of the Smash Bubble (Banjo/Isaac/Geno), I honestly have no idea who casuals and public people would vote for.

I know Shadow, Waluigi, and Dee will still place high in it regardless since they’re all well known and popular among gamers and are wanted by both casuals and hardcores.
My extremely casual sister really wants Pheonix Wright in. Can't say if he's super popular with casuals as a whole or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom