• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What can I improve on it?
A lot of the times the voice itself sounds really forced, as if you're straining yourself too hard to do it, which is never a good sign. Obviously I can't see your technique due to it being a voice over, but I think there's a projection issue as well. It sounds like you're talking out of the side of your mouth like an amateur ventriloquist, almost. The mic quality may also be an issue though.

That and the voice in general isn't really pleasant to listen to.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly see the complete opposite when it comes to critisizing Nintendo. Ever since the absolute failure of the Wii U, I've seen more and more fans willing to call out Nintendo on a wide variety of topics. Nintendo Switch online, for example, is still VERY unpopular, but I have seen more and more negativity with shutting down fan games like AM2R, their terrible refund policies, lack of cloud saves on some games, etc. In fact, I would argue that the fanboys are actually getting quieter these days. Like, they're still around, but they're not as plentiful.

That's just me though, so you guys might see differently.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly see the complete opposite when it comes to critisizing Nintendo. Ever since the absolute failure of the Wii U, I've seen more and more fans willing to call out Nintendo on a wide variety of topics. Nintendo Switch online, for example, is still VERY unpopular, but I have seen more and more negativity with shutting down fan games like AM2R, their terrible refund policies, lack of cloud saves on some games, etc. In fact, I would argue that the fanboys are actually getting quieter these days. Like, they're still around, but they're not as plentiful.

That's just me though, so you guys might see differently.
Oh no there are still fanboys, it's just that people are being more vocal about stuff they aren't happy with these days

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As an interesting fun fact, Chrom is the only Ultimate newcomer that has a character-specific victory quote. That's pretty neat.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh no there are still fanboys, it's just that people are being more vocal about stuff they aren't happy with these days
You're right that the vocal group is getting louder. As a Miiverse user who was there around Smash 4's time, it was interesting seeing the dynamic slowly change from complete fanboyism, to cynicism as the time passed on. The redesign and E3 2015 broke the camel's back though, and now a lot more people were being more vocal about Nintendo's screw-ups and the like.

I feel as if the same is happening on other platforms too, which, while it doesn't make the fanboys go away, it does drown their noise out. That's probably why I haven't seen as many.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, only like 3 newcomers actually talk.
Honestly the bigger surprises are that Richter and Ken don't have them for Simon and Ryu. You'd think they'd have something to say about defeating their ancestor or best friend/rival.

D

Deleted member

Almost 30 minutes left until I enter the cinema to see the Dragon Ball movie.

I also just preordered the K.Rool amiibo.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Talks about Nintendo complaints...and I’m just here still supporting them (though of course I’m not the type to give up on a company over some of their stupid things...*cough*WWE in Saudi Arabia*cough*)

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A lot of the times the voice itself sounds really forced, as if you're straining yourself too hard to do it, which is never a good sign. Obviously I can't see your technique due to it being a voice over, but I think there's a projection issue as well. It sounds like you're talking out of the side of your mouth like an amateur ventriloquist, almost. The mic quality may also be an issue though.

That and the voice in general isn't really pleasant to listen to.
Thanks for the advice! Also, the voice isn't really straining my throat. It's very easy to do. Also, I'm not talking out of the side of my mouth.

Voice is a tiny bit distracting but my main issue is that it's too short.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have patience for long videos but there's so much you can say in two minutes and there wasn't much that I didn't already hear from other Shantae supporters.
Well, I would make them longer, but the videos are supposed to be pretty short, really. Just something entertaining that I can dish out quick while still being entertaining. I will make longer videos later, though. Also, I haven't really heard what other Shantae supporters have had to say, really.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
I dunno, I used to kind of be a Nintendo "fanboy" (because I almost exclusively play Nintendo games...heh) but I'm not really so keen on defending them like that. When they make mistakes I usually call them out, and honestly I think I spend more time complaining about Nintendo than praising it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Iridium

Smash Hero
Of all the things to happen at Genesis, Tweek and Nairo both fail to make top 8. Then we also have Zackray destroying everybody at about 15 years old, but that was expected.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The only amiibos I've seen at my local game stores was the Samus. I think BestBuy where I live also had Pac-Man, Peach, Yoshi, Mario and a few others I also don't remember.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The funniest thing about fangirlism and **** for me is that I criticize the xbox significantly less than anything from Nintendo or Sony despite never owning an xbox.

Also you guys hear about how the Playstation 5 will apparently have backwards compatibility with EVERYTHING? If that's true then holy ****

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Of all the things to happen at Genesis, Tweek and Nairo both fail to make top 8. Then we also have Zackray destroying everybody at about 15 years old, but that was expected.
I didn’t know of Zachary until G6...so I didn’t see that coming

What I’m glad I didn’t expect is ESAM and his :ultpikachu: losing to Void and his :ultpichu: (also Cosmos and :ultinkling: fighting the good fight)
Hold tf up what
WWE had two ppvs in Saudi Arabia last year, with the 2nd one happening a week or so after the massive controversy started (and they’re getting the big bucks to hold shows there for about 10 years)...crazy and stupid shows

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The funniest thing about fangirlism and **** for me is that I criticize the xbox significantly less than anything from Nintendo or Sony despite never owning an xbox.

Also you guys hear about how the Playstation 5 will apparently have backwards compatibility with EVERYTHING? If that's true then holy ****
Sounds too good to be true.

And very costly. Possibly

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
That is such a smart decision if that's true. Like, that's sales for 5 different consoles. Could you IMAGINE the ****ing bank they'd make?

It's unfortunate Nintendo couldn't do things like that since N64 used jurassic cartridges and Gamecube discs were the size of quarters

D

Deleted member

I'm in.

I hope that the movie is good after the day I had yesterday.

But it will probably be good, so I should be fine.

D

Deleted member

Nairo not making top 8 was insane I thought he was a Lock for top 8. Kinda sad to see him not being in top 8 cause he's freaking great but there's always next time I guess.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I didn’t know of Zachary until G6...so I didn’t see that coming

What I’m glad I didn’t expect is ESAM and his :ultpikachu: losing to Void and his :ultpichu: (also Cosmos and :ultinkling: fighting the good fight)

WWE had two ppvs in Saudi Arabia last year, with the 2nd one happening a week or so after the massive controversy started (and they’re getting the big bucks to hold shows there for about 10 years)...crazy and stupid shows
He became very dominant in Japan in Smash 4 near the end, jumping from around the 100s area to 8th, and got in the all-time PGR as well. Now he's just beating almost everyone like it's easy, including my ego.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
As in backwards compatibility with everything Sony related?

Because if that's true, I have a huge catalog of PS2/PS3 games that I could play on that system. Given my PS2 is starting to show it's age 15+ years of owning it and my PS3 is nearing a decade since I got it 8-9 years ago.

Lollipopped

Smash Lord

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Nintendo to put GameCube games on the eShop or whatever...

I'm in.

I hope that the movie is good after the day I had yesterday.

But it will probably be good, so I should be fine.
You should do live commentary on it like you did for the Godzilla movie.

D

Deleted member

I have 25 minutes before it starts.

Anything to talk about besides the PS5?

D

Deleted member

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Nintendo to put GameCube games on the eShop or whatever...

You should do live commentary on it like you did for the Godzilla movie.
But I would spoil the movie for many here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom