• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
In the time it took me to gather the money to buy Wario ware gold somebody came in and bought all the copies. Yes, one guy. I saw him paying for them, why would one man needs so many copies of this game?
He is likely what you'd call a scalper...

Later down the line the game could possibly go for hefty amounts of money online, so this guy's probably getting them cheap while he still can.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Here’s my essay as to why they should keep the sonic design the way it is :

Cause I said so

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As far as what Nintendo franchises could be best as animated movies, I'd feel Kirby and Splatoon would work well as animated movies, both from DreamWorks (a subsidiary of Universal who also owns Illumination the studio behind Mario, while we're on that subject, Illumination and Blumhouse should do movies based on the Luigi's Mansion sub-series, since the tones of those games fit well with Blumhouse's output).
Kirby already had an animated series, so I agree, would like one a bit more like the games themselves with Kirby being on his own a bit more. Gotta keep Spanish Meta-Knight and Foghorn Dedede though.

Splatoon could work well.

I still say that Metroid should, tonally at least, ape off of Samurai Jack, as it matches the atmosphere of the games.

I don't trust Illumination with anything, but we'll see if the Mario movie is trash or not.

Shroob

Sup?
As far as what Nintendo franchises could be best as animated movies, I'd feel Kirby and Splatoon would work well as animated movies, both from DreamWorks (a subsidiary of Universal who also owns Illumination the studio behind Mario, while we're on that subject, Illumination and Blumhouse should do movies based on the Luigi's Mansion sub-series, since the tones of those games fit well with Blumhouse's output).
Splatoon would make a fantastic movie/tv series, the design and how it was marketed was pretty much made to appeal to 80's-90's kids to begin with.

The only issue is it'd almost have to be subtitled. Inklings speaking anything but Squidese would be jarring.

PF9

Smash Lord
Meta Knight can be voiced by Antonio Banderas (who also played Zorro and voiced a Zorro-influenced P U S S in Boots in the Shrek series).

Dedede should be Thomas Haden Church (who can provide him with a Texas accent).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Splatoon would make a fantastic movie/tv series, the design and how it was marketed was pretty much made to appeal to 80's-90's kids to begin with.

The only issue is it'd almost have to be subtitled. Inklings speaking anything but Squidese would be jarring.
just have em speak english, it'd be adorable.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Inklings should speak exclusively in Spanish german

PF9

Smash Lord
With my proposal to include Ariana Grande and Beyonce in my Kid Icarus cast, they should totally collaborate on a song for such a movie.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh I know my ideal cast and director for a live-action Kid Icarus movie:

Director: Christopher Nolan
Pit: Tom Holland
Palutena: Ariana Grande (who can also play Samus in live-action Metroid movies)
Medusa: Beyonce Knowles
Finna disagree big time on Palutena and Medusa. Would rather get actors to play the characters and not musicians and athletes, because Beyonce's acting is middling at best. I don't need any more Rhonda Rousey's ****ing up characters like Sonya by not emoting.

Not sure who the hell I'd pick for Samus but none of the actors I see people mention are good choices to me.

Kim Basinger was the inspiration behind Samus' design, but she's 65 now so that's not happening.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

:dr^_^: Huh?

Like, huh?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yeah....

Gonna have to pass big time on those 2, especially the former.

Iridium

Smash Hero
A live action Castlevania would be pretty cool, now that I think about it.

Here’s my essay as to why they should keep the sonic design the way it is :

Cause I said so
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Or maybe this.

PF9

Smash Lord
I've got down my cast for a live-action Bayonetta:

Hayley Atwell - Bayonetta
Scarlett Johanssen - Jeanne
Bradley Cooper - Luka
Vin Diesel - Rodin
Carmine Giovinazzo - Enzo
Jeff Bridges - Antonio Redgrave (in photographs only)
Kate Mulgrew - Rosa
Bryan Cranston - Balder

4 MCU actors reunited

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Also Tom Holland as Pit is....okay. Maybe a little "Superhero-y", Pit's scrawnier than even Teenager Spider-Man. There's no game character I can say Tom matches 100%. Same with him being Nathan Drake, it's an all around OK choice.

Would probably pick Antony Del Rio again anyway since he's a bit skinnier than Tom.

Shroob

Sup?
Ariana Grande has acted before, playing the same character on two Nickelodeon sitcoms
That's fine but like, to me, why would you cast someone who's black in a role of a character who's white and vice versa?

I wouldn't cast someone like Danny Devito to play Nick Fury, for example. :dr^_^:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Inb4 their attempts to fix CG Sonic's design just end up making him look even worse.

Eitherway though the damage has already been done, I don't think too many people are going to warm up to the movie even if they fix his appearance.

PF9

Smash Lord
Or maybe Laurence Fishburne as Rodin (he can also play Doc Louis in a Punch Out Movie - which I feel can be distinct from Rocky)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Not sure how I feel about this.

I don't think Ariana Grande quite fits Palutena, and I think Beyonce might be a little too young for Medusa.

And tbh, it doesn't really feel like it should be a Christopher Nolan movie. Kid Icarus is still a fairly light hearted series, I'd personally go for someone like Travis Knight.

I will say this though, I 100% agree with you on Tom Holland as Pit. Absolute perfect casting

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
As to who should play Little Mac in Punch Out? KJ Apa, the star of Riverdale (watch it you will be amazed)

Apa has been in boxing scenes on that show too so he's perfect for Little Mac

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
A Metroid movie would legitimately be cool. I'd imagine it as a sort of sci-fi horror, but with a lot of focus on Samus herself as a character and how she's all alone on a foreign alien planet...
And with Brie Larson as the lead. She actually expressed interest in playing Samus if it were to get a live-action film. Not surprised given she's an Nintendo fan.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom