• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly this just makes me realize how few Nintendo franchises can be easily adapted to live action films.

Zelda and Metroid are like the two major ones that could. Fire Emblem maybe could, but it'd take an entire trilogy at least to cover the plot of maybe one game.
I feel a few games would be better as series. Fire Emblem could be good as a 26+ anime series.

PF9

Smash Lord
Live-action Fire Emblem movies should made entirely in England with all-English casts and crew (aside from a few Japanese crew members carried over from the games).

Other than James Bond we haven't had a real successful English-based movie franchise since the Harry Potter series ended in 2011.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That’s a position?

Hang on lemme just aahhhhh

Pretend to have hope
Oh....uh......n’awwwwww.......there’s not a super secret position of even more ultimate power that when placed in the wrong hands could bring doom to the citizens of this fair and beautiful country known as “the boards”.

Nothing like that at all.

#VoteCynSuperAdmin2019

Noipoi

Howdy!
They're supposed to be making a movie based on Red/Blue, so I can't wait to see that.

Also I wanna see an earthbound movie. That **** would be ridiculous.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh....uh......n’awwwwww.......there’s not a super secret position of even more ultimate power that when placed in the wrong hands could bring doom to the citizens of this fair and beautiful country known as “the boards”.

#VoteCynSuperAdmin2019
Just let me be super admin for like 30 minutes I need to delete 50% of all users and threads in this universe

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They're supposed to be making a movie based on Red/Blue, so I can't wait to see that.

Also I wanna see an earthbound movie. That **** would be ridiculous.
I’m still hoping for a Metroid movie one day. Or a film version of Animal Crossing Noir.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

#VoteCynSuperAdmin2019
What would a Super Admin even do? Do they just, like, have access to every single feature of the website at once?

Can one person even handle that much power?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Live-action Fire Emblem movies should made entirely in England with all-English casts and crew (aside from a few Japanese crew members carried over from the games).

Other than James Bond we haven't had a real successful English-based movie franchise since the Harry Potter series ended in 2011.
Kingsman got two movies, and both were pretty good.

Though if they think I'm gonna see the third without my boy Eggsy. They got me all kinds of ****ed up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

But like, why though? Despite the games being vague European fantasy, none have been specifically English in design. The Archanea games have tons of Greco-Roman inspiration, the Jugdral games are mostly Germanic/Scandinavian depending on the country, a lot of Elibe (namely Sacae) is based on Mongolia, while its mythos is distinctly French, Hoshido is feudal Japan, and Nohr is Germany again.

Pretty much the only links to England, specifically, are Tiki having a British accent (to signify Manaketes as a separate culture) and the Excalibur spell being named after King Arthur's sword (and that's mainly because of Japan's fixation on Excalibur signifying wind).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
What would a Super Admin even do? Do they just, like, have access to every single feature of the website at once?

Can one person even handle that much power?
Why do you think she’s been collecting the infinity banners

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Honestly this just makes me realize how few Nintendo franchises can be easily adapted to live action films.

Zelda and Metroid are like the two major ones that could. Fire Emblem maybe could, but it'd take an entire trilogy at least to cover the plot of maybe one game.
A Metroid movie would legitimately be cool. I'd imagine it as a sort of sci-fi horror, but with a lot of focus on Samus herself as a character and how she's all alone on a foreign alien planet...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

ad88520.jpg

the worst thing about being faster than light is that you can only live in the darkness

Shroob

Sup?
I still can't believe back during Smash 4, I paid for Premium, and the most creative thing that I could think of for a custom title was:

"Sup?"

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd much rather have most games take the TV series(preferably animated)approach. I think the format of longer form storytelling fits better since most games, even with simple narratives effectively last more than 2 hours.

Though I feel the same about comic books too since I do like a lot of animated series more than most movies. But some Superhero movies are sick. Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Verse, Under the Red Hood, the Dark Knight, GotG1 ect ect.

PF9

Smash Lord
I feel English actors have the most charm in playing sword-wielders. That's what I like a lot about Shulk. I'm disappointed an American voiced Marth in English in Ultimate (even if it was his regular voice actor).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still can't believe back during Smash 4, I paid for Premium, and the most creative thing that I could think of for a custom title was:

"Sup?"
I mean, mine's is "Keepin it Going." Not terrible, but I could have put something funny or something. Granted, I was gifted my Premium so it's not the worst thing in the world.

I feel English actors have the most charm in playing sword-wielders. That's what I like a lot about Shulk. I'm disappointed an American voiced Marth in English in Ultimate (even if it was his regular voice actor).
Of course Shulk is British, he wear a red coat. And Marth's a Yankee.

D

Deleted member

guys. not to sound wild, but i think erdrick dragon quest has a decent shot at being dlc

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
In the time it took me to gather the money to buy Wario ware gold somebody came in and bought all the copies. Yes, one guy. I saw him paying for them, why would one man needs so many copies of this game?

I can think of a couple Nintendo games that would make neat movies. But God knows nobody is gonna adapt something like Codename steam or F Zero. lol

PF9

Smash Lord
As far as what Nintendo franchises could be best as animated movies, I'd feel Kirby and Splatoon would work well as animated movies, both from DreamWorks (a subsidiary of Universal who also owns Illumination the studio behind Mario, while we're on that subject, Illumination and Blumhouse should do movies based on the Luigi's Mansion sub-series, since the tones of those games fit well with Blumhouse's output).

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC

A Metroid movie would legitimately be cool. I'd imagine it as a sort of sci-fi horror, but with a lot of focus on Samus herself as a character and how she's all alone on a foreign alien planet...
Alex Garland-directed Metroid film?

PF9

Smash Lord
Oh I know my ideal cast and director for a live-action Kid Icarus movie:

Director: Christopher Nolan
Pit: Tom Holland
Palutena: Ariana Grande (who can also play Samus in live-action Metroid movies)
Medusa: Beyonce Knowles

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom