• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A Star Fox film would be just as "live action" as the upcoming "live action" Lion King.

In other words, an animated movie.
Okay but animation is for little babies, ya gotta call it live action in order to appeal to cool mature adults.

Alternatively, just have all the actors wear fur suits. That'll work to.

PF9

Smash Lord
Brie Larson as Zelda in a Zelda movie too.

Initially I had wanted known Zelda fan Robin Williams to play Ganon. He is no longer with us sadly.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
If you think Brie Larson can't act, you haven't seen Room.
No I havent, but in pretty much anything else I've seen her in I just don't think she's that good.

As a side note all this time when people kept bringing up room I kept thinking everyone was talking about the Tommy weasue film.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Because Samus is known to be a bulky woman?
Funny thing is she's normally not in most games. But most people associate her has such. She's drawn fairly slender a lot of the time, barring like Super Metroid art and concept art from Samus Returns.

Wouldn't mind Swole Samus and Swole Adult Link though. That **** looks cool.

PF9

Smash Lord
Laurence Fishburne as Rodin would be fitting since they are both currently bald.

Samuel L. Jackson could also work despite being much older than Fishburne (would allow a few uses of Jackson's favorite word too).

D

Deleted member

Getting real tired of people hating on Brie Larson as if she's not a ****ing great actress and I don't wanna say the hatred for her is rooted in misoginy but the hatred for her is rooted in misoginy.
Screenshot_20190502-210453.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, after talking about all this game movie stuff, I'm glad we can all agree that Guy Fieri would make for a perfect Cloud Strife.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
All I'm saying is that if for whatever reason a Fire Emblem film series based on the Archanea games is made, Richard Gere should be Jagen.

PF9

Smash Lord
One thing I request for Nintendo adaptations is that none of are produced by Sony, which would create a conflict of interest.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nintendo needs to produce their own home appliances

Gimme the New Nintendo Washing Machine XL

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay. Your gonna hate me for this....

But i’ve legitimately thought about transposing the setting to America with Ren being the only one still from Japan so this would work.
...Isn't the whole reason Ren is treated as an outcast because of Japan's horrid legal system? That and it's kinda whitewashing the cast.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
no no no no nope nope nope NO
NO
...Isn't the whole reason Ren is treated as an outcast because of Japan's horrid legal system? That and it's kinda whitewashing the cast.

It’s not nailed down. I haven’t even written it yet. I just think it will be hard to get a mainstream American audience to want to see a movie set in Japan, or if they will be able to get past the cultural barriers.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
As for a director/producer team for a Bayonetta movie, have McG direct and co-produce, with Eric Kripke (who McG worked with on Supernatural), Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (along with the company Platinum Dunes) co-producing as well.

And a soundtrack of 60s/70s rock (many of the songs not being too well-known)

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Imo Brie Larson is a fine actress.

But honestly, she had the personality of a plank of wood in Captain Marvel.

And that's something I contribute mostly to the writing of the movie, not Brie herself.

You're free to disagree, but that's my opinion.

Shroob

Sup?
Getting real tired of people hating on Brie Larson as if she's not a ****ing great actress and I don't wanna say the hatred for her is rooted in misoginy but the hatred for her is rooted in misoginy.
View attachment 215126
I mean, straight up, I dunno who that even is.

But are people not allowed to not like someone's acting just because they didn't enjoy the things they've been in?

Cause the way you worded what you said says "If you don't like her you're a misogynist" and that seems to be quite extreme.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It’s not nailed down. I haven’t even written it yet. I just think it will be hard to get a mainstream American audience to want to see a movie set in Japan, or if they will be able to get past the cultural barriers.
Still no no no. That is, with all due respect and parden my french, a ****ty idea

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know who'd be a perfect choice of director for a Devil May Cry film?

James Gunn given his style and campiness in films as Guardians had shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom