• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honest to god, I think it's just a question of "when" we'll get stuff like a Metroid, Zelda or Fire Emblem movie. If any other Cinematic Universe had been successful, I could see a Nintendo one happening eventually but I don't think CUs will become that common in the film industry.
Metroid is the one that translates the easiest because it's really just Alien and you can literally write an entire movie of Samus making her way to Mother Brain in Zebes while being chased down by Ridley and it'd be amazing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Then how do you propose that problem be fixed. I want it to be as faithful as I can make it. I love the story. But that is a legitimate problem the movie would have.
If you want it faithful, keep it how it is. You will get a ton of people to see the movie as it is, Persona fans are EVERYWHERE. They are the ones you should care about and trust me, they will go see it

If you are that worried, make it an anime movie, which are just as popular to people

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Another thing I want for a Bayonetta movie is for it to be a hard R. Many M-rated games have been turned into PG-13 movies over the years. I feel a hard R would suit Bayonetta the best.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I think about it. James Gunn would also work great as director for a Bayonetta film though I'd still prefer him to do Devil May Cry.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Still no no no. That is, with all due respect and parden my french, a ****ty idea
Not to mention it's hard enough for Asian actors to find work in Hollywood as it is. Chloe Bennet from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. literally works under a pseudonym to get hired, because when she listed her last name as Wang, she got no callbacks. And she's only half Chinese, too. Full-blooded Asian actors have an even harder time.

So taking a story so integrally rooted in Japan and whitewashing it to be American is a REALLY ****ty thing to do.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you want it faithful, keep it how it is. You will get a ton of people to see the movie as it is, Persona fans are EVERYWHERE. They are the ones you should care about and trust me, they will go see it

If you are that worried, make it an anime movie, which are just as popular to people
I want it to be live action. I guess you’re right in the end.

PF9

Smash Lord
I want Steven Spielberg to direct live-action adaptations of the EarthBound/Mother games. He is a video game fan and so would be perfect (given his work on Ready Player One).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know who'd be a perfect choice of director for a Devil May Cry film?

James Gunn given his style and campiness in films as Guardians had shown.
The Castlevania Anime guys are making a DMC show I think. Should be pretty sick.

Hot bet: no Microsoft reps y’all go in too hard all the time

we getting a Burger King rep
Finna need one of them Un-Happy Meals to deal with the pain I guess.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The last thing you want to do is whitewash a whole bunch of asian setting and Asian characters minus Ann considering shes foreign
Look at it this way. I am decently knowledgeable about and generally aware of Japan and it’s culture. If I had to come here and have you guys explain stuff, how will a general audience not have the same problem.

D

Deleted member

That doesn't matter, anyway look at my gem-
Screenshot_20190502-210513.png

I mean, straight up, I dunno who that even is.

But are people not allowed to not like someone's acting just because they didn't enjoy the things they've been in?

Cause the way you worded what you said says "If you don't like her you're a misogynist" and that seems to be quite extreme.
There's a clear uncalled-for hatred for Brie Larson that seems to come out of nowhere ever since before Captain Marvel came out alongside hatred for the movie itself and a desire for it to bomb that never happened with any other Marvel film or lead.

Not liking someone's acting is one thing, calling an award-winning actress a "plank of wood" is another.

D

Deleted member

This is the perfect P5 live action cast, prove me wrong

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Smash Lord
Since Persona is essentially Sega I'd like Paramount to do that franchise along with other Sega properties.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 215129

There's a clear uncalled-for hatred for Brie Larson that seems to come out of nowhere ever since before Captain Marvel came out alongside hatred for the movie itself and a desire for it to bomb that never happened with any other Marvel film or lead.

Not liking someone's acting is one thing, calling an award-winning actress a "plank of wood" is another.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Though I still find that logic somewhat flawed.

Some people just won't like how some people act. I've seen a lot of 'award winning' movies that I've found bland, not because I'm a man/woman hater, but because I just didn't like the movie.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My take on live action adaptations is that Del Toro should direct a Metroid movie. The dude's great at this ****. For other franchises it depends. Ace Attorney should be a tv series if it gets a live action adaptation because wile Japan's movie was fun, it's trying to condense about 20 hours in to less than 2.

Also saw Devil May Cry in there and I don't think that works out too well because the characters are motion capped by their voice actors. Not to mention Dante and Vergil's actors have familiarity with stunts in shows before

Roberk

Smash Champion
Honest to god, I think it's just a question of "when" we'll get stuff like a Metroid, Zelda or Fire Emblem movie. If any other Cinematic Universe had been successful, I could see a Nintendo one happening eventually but I don't think CUs will become that common in the film industry.
Metroid is the one that translates the easiest because it's really just Alien and you can literally write an entire movie of Samus making her way to Mother Brain in Zebes while being chased down by Ridley and it'd be amazing.
fe tv.jpg

I feel like FE would fit better in a serialized format, 90-120 minutes just wouldn't cut it to cover just one game's story.

PF9

Smash Lord
Fun fact - Paramount and Sega were both units of Charles Bluhdorn's Gulf and Western Industries in the 1970s

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The last thing you want to do is whitewash a whole bunch of asian setting and Asian characters minus Ann considering shes foreign
Avatar movie has it's leads played by white people outta nowhere, same with Goku. All due to Hollywood BS. And makes ZERO SENSE given what those series are.

Wario Mad Gif.gif

FMA and AOT, having characters be white due to the setting and thus fitting of the Hollywood treatment, but being played Asian actors as the entire production in only in Japan.

Wario Mad Gif.gif

You just know there's a timeline where this is reversed.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also saw Devil May Cry in there and I don't think that works out too well because the characters are motion capped by their voice actors. Not to mention Dante and Vergil's actors have familiarity with stunts in shows before
Aw man...But just think...The potential in Gunn directing it...

His style...It fits so perfectly...:(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom