• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Generally people watching a P5 movie will probably already be interested in P5 and have a general idea without having to upheave the setting for no real reason

I believe that westerners are smart enough to gather the cultural differences that exist
Considering the creator of Persona 5 said that he made the game to reflect Japan's society, I feel like the story taking place anywhere else wouldn't be Persona 5.
That’s why it’s a decision I struggle with. I probably won’t go with it in the end.

What should it be subtitled? I can’t just call it “Persona 5” where are the other 4. But I need to let audiences know it’s the story of the Phantom Theives.

PF9

Smash Lord
The Yoshi games could also be part of Illumination's rights to the Mario series (as with Donkey Kong and Wario), of course adaptations of like Yoshi's Island or Yoshi's Story would be aimed primarily at elementary school kids.

Roberk

Smash Champion
That’s why it’s a decision I struggle with. I probably won’t go with it in the end.

What should it be subtitled? I can’t just call it “Persona 5” where are the other 4. But I need to let audiences know it’s the story of the Phantom Theives.
Persona: The Phantom Thieves
Boom

D

Deleted member

I feel the games before P5 should be made as movies before P5 is.
That's fair, there were two entire other games before P5.

Odd decision to call the first one the third in the series, though...

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Smash Lord
A P5 movie would have to have a cover of "The Joker" by the Steve Miller Band as its theme song.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyway, it sure would be cool if Bayo 3 or Prime 4 got news at E3. Or a Wonderful 101 port.

I think the only major titles that's more than a little likely to be there are Doom Eternal and Battletoads. I want to see gameplay of the latter a lot.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It just means that you're not explicitly masculine or feminine.
Gotta be honest. After all these years I still don't understand this. I can't think of a single scenario where someone is something outside the terms of masculinity or femininity. I mean no offense or anything it just doesn't make sense to me.

D

Deleted member

I don’t have much to say on Brie Larson considering my only known exposure to her is Endgame but if this is her personality most of the time I can see why people don’t like her.
what exactly is the issue here she's literally a gamer

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I was looking up who the director for the Sonic and apparently the guy has only directed one other thing, a 4 minute CGI-animated short that appeared before the infamously bad movie, Doogal.

How did this get greenlit?
Sonic's hardly had the best track record with these things.

Now look at him. wearing Wal-Mart shoes and hanging out with the lamest X-Men member.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I was looking up who the director for the Sonic and apparently the guy has only directed one other thing, a 4 minute CGI-animated short that appeared before the infamously bad movie, Doogal.

How did this get greenlit?
Goddammit you just had to rescuscitate that memory from the deepest darkest pits of my subconscious

D

Deleted member

Forget a Metroid movie, I just want Prime Trilogy on my Switch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyway, it sure would be cool if Bayo 3 or Prime 4 got news at E3. Or a Wonderful 101 port.

I think the only major titles that's more than a little likely to be there are Doom Eternal and Battletoads. I want to see gameplay of the latter a lot.
Well, Prime 4 is SUPER early in development so that's a no-show and Platinum's reports today imply something's going on about Bayo 3 that's hindering development, especially as the director for 2 left Platinum

what exactly is the issue here she's literally a gamer
Faygo, you're either an alpha gamer, a woman or a beta cuck

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, Prime 4 is SUPER early in development so that's a no-show and Platinum's reports today imply something's going on about Bayo 3 that's hindering development, especially as the director for 2 left Platinum
Hopefully whatever they’re doing doesn’t ruin it. I can’t stop my mind from going to unhappy places when thinking about it.

D

Deleted member

Faygo, you're either an alpha gamer, a woman or a beta cuck
**** you gwen'shyygleth i earned this gamer pass through blood, sweat, and piss and i can grant it to whoever i want and i choose brie goddamn larson

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ok so after a bit more research, I found something interesting. Remember when I mentioned that Resident Evil has sold over $90 million just based on games, and that it was ranked 7th among Japanese-created video game series? Look at this:

Top 10 Highest Earning Japanese series:
1) Super Mario
2) Pokemon
3) Wii series
4) Final Fantasy
5) Sonic the Hedgehog
6) The Legend of Zelda
7) Resident Evil
8) Dragon Quest
9) Donkey Kong
(technically Smash Bros. would be #10, but for the sake of this post...)
10) Metal Gear
Next closest: Monster Hunter

Characters from these series in Smash:
1):ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultdoc::ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig:
2):ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:
3) :ultwiifittrainer::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
4):ultcloud:
5) :ultsonic:
6):ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultsheik:
7) None
8) None (but good chance of Erdrick)
9):ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
10):ultsnake:

For Monster Hunter: Rathalos, even though it's not playable.

While this probably means nothing, consider the fact that the only two series that are a part of the Japanese-created Top 10 series are series that are part of companies that already have content in Smash. Both series have no content currently in Smash either, meaning no spirits, stages, or references of any kind.

We also have it on good authority that a Dragon Quest pack is coming, which would leave Resident Evil as the only series in the Top 10 without content of any kind in Smash.

Jill or Leon isn't in...yet. But this seems like another reason they don't seem all that out there as a potential pick.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since we're on the topic of Persona though, I can safely say I think Colors Flying High is better than Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There:

I. Can't. Freaking. Wait. For. This. Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom