• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Thank you for this blessed image.
It's on the house, Shroob!

Mods, how do I like a post more than one time?
By liking, then unliking, then liking again. That's liking a comment more than once :v

Humanity has peaked
Hope that one day, my hair becomes a sprawling galaxy like Guy Fieri and his majestic spiked mane.

No one:

Absolutely no one:

Not a single soul in the world:
Guy_Fieri_Default_Dance.avi

Holy crud, I was not ready for this!

You are such a blessing to this thread. You know that, right, Karnera.?
D'awww, I am flattered! You guys are great! That goes for all of you above and below this comment too!

y'know. i'm starting to consider alternatives other then the popular one
Other alternatives? As in anything other than snapping? <:v

Or flexing your xenoleg mechas

I have seen many things in my life, some good, some bad... but I have to say, this tops them all.
Has this cured Gentlepanda Gentlepanda 's Food Horror streak from a few hours ago?

Arguably the best Flavortown Fantasy 7 character
Gordon Ram-Sid was kinda loud and insufferable, though I love how they balance each other out as characters.

We have reached the best moment in all of time.
We have peaked the evolution of humanity.
Congratulations, my dear friend.
Thank you, Shiny! I am having quite a giggle looking at these, since most of them read "ATTACHMENT" in caps. It's hilarious, lmao

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I feel like P5 Scramble is being super overlooked. That game is probably gonna be amazing, especially if Atlus themselves are overseeing development like how Nintendo did with their Warriors games with Koei.
I think I'm gonna love that game very much. I've enjoyed my time with the warriors games I've played and I'm not even a big Zelda or Fire emblem guy, but putting that gameplay with my favorite RPG party ever? Sign me up baby!

Anyway I'm STILL in disbelief someone looked at Brie Larson who does **** like this
http://superherojacked.com/2018/05/27/brie-larson-workout/
(includes multiple clips of working out but not stuff like pushing the 5K pound jeep or upside-down climbing)

And think she doesn't have enough muscle for Samus
Geez dude, let it go.

D

Deleted member

**** yoshi. i can't stand the *******. little **** with his dumbass lagless aerials and his frame 3 dumbass nair and his stupid bair and his weird ****ing aerial movement. not to mention he's annoying as ****. ohhh you think you're cute af huh? why don't you pay your taxes for once in your goddamn life and stop saying your ****ing name all the time. "yoshi yoshi yoshi" ohhhh what are you a goddamn pokemon NO. you're a tool. a tool to be sacrificed gamora-style. mario should've left you in that pit he dropped you in. he should've left you to die you ugly ****. with that big-ass nose. i can see you coming from 14 miles away but i bet you can't even smell your own stench you stinky mother****. i despise you and all that you stand for. daniel's jane hatred is nothing compared to the hellflames i will shove this big nose limp **** dinosaur ************ into. SPEAKING OF WHICH. YOU'RE NOT EVEN A REAL DINOSAUR BESIDES THAT ONE TIME. IN THE GODDAMN MARIO MOVIE. WHY DON'T YOU OWN UP TO IT

i really need to learn the yoshi matchup

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Anyway I'm STILL in disbelief someone looked at Brie Larson who does **** like this
http://superherojacked.com/2018/05/27/brie-larson-workout/
(includes multiple clips of working out but not stuff like pushing the 5K pound jeep or upside-down climbing)

And think she doesn't have enough muscle for Samus
This sort of **** is super annoying.

Like, not only was Captain Marvel the only movie to get this sort of stuff from “fans” but...what a terrible argument for a woman to not play the part of Samus, especially when she has shown interest in actually playing Samus.

She isn’t muscular enough? Who ****ing cares? It’s not as if they’re going to get some huge psychotic lizard to play Ridley. If they’re doing CGI for a ton of other stuff, who cares if they made her seem more muscular? As if she even needs it...ugh.

A miserable existence to think that way. Yikes.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's probably exactly what they're gonna do. Lol I'm so sorry... :laugh:
Turning my boi into that is like the comparison between After Earth and the Last Airbender. Which of those movies got more hate? The one which was an original concept that was bungled badly, or the one which was an already established IP with a large and dedicated fanbase?

D

Deleted member

More like it's gonna be another all style, no substance musou game with its own specific hit-or-miss mechanics and 4 years' worth of grinding to get through.
If you don't like musou games yeah.

But for those of us who do? P5 oozes with style, it's perfect for a musou game. I'm stoked for P5S, but eh, to each their own. :drshrug:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
**** yoshi. i can't stand the *******. little **** with his ******* lagless aerials and his frame 3 ******* nair and his stupid bair and his weird ****ing aerial movement. not to mention he's annoying as ****. ohhh you think you're cute af huh? why don't you pay your taxes for once in your goddamn life and stop saying your ****ing name all the time. "yoshi yoshi yoshi" ohhhh what are you a goddamn pokemon NO. you're a tool. a tool to be sacrificed gamora-style. mario should've left you in that pit he dropped you in. he should've left you to die you ugly ****. with that big-*** nose. i can see you coming from 14 miles away but i bet you can't even smell your own stench you stinky mother****. i despise you and all that you stand for. daniel's jane hatred is nothing compared to the hellflames i will shove this big nose limp **** dinosaur ************ into. SPEAKING OF WHICH. YOU'RE NOT EVEN A REAL DINOSAUR BESIDES THAT ONE TIME. IN THE GODDAMN MARIO MOVIE. WHY DON'T YOU OWN UP TO IT

Ah Yoshi I was looking forward to actually playing the game, but I see you just jumped into the air and pressed A, so I guess I'll just be blocking for another year.

D

Deleted member

**** yoshi. i can't stand the *******. little **** with his ******* lagless aerials and his frame 3 ******* nair and his stupid bair and his weird ****ing aerial movement. not to mention he's annoying as ****. ohhh you think you're cute af huh? why don't you pay your taxes for once in your goddamn life and stop saying your ****ing name all the time. "yoshi yoshi yoshi" ohhhh what are you a goddamn pokemon NO. you're a tool. a tool to be sacrificed gamora-style. mario should've left you in that pit he dropped you in. he should've left you to die you ugly ****. with that big-*** nose. i can see you coming from 14 miles away but i bet you can't even smell your own stench you stinky mother****. i despise you and all that you stand for. daniel's jane hatred is nothing compared to the hellflames i will shove this big nose limp **** dinosaur ************ into. SPEAKING OF WHICH. YOU'RE NOT EVEN A REAL DINOSAUR BESIDES THAT ONE TIME. IN THE GODDAMN MARIO MOVIE. WHY DON'T YOU OWN UP TO IT

This gives me memories of fighting PLATINUM7 PLATINUM7 during the Smash 4 times.
Also you too, Alternis Alternis .

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Nice to see the real faygo for once :yoshi:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
but they do! In fact, they have a transgender asian person in Avengers! Scarlett Johansen!
Actually after getting heavily criticized, she dropped out of the role of the transman.
For the record the movie, Rub and Tug, is based off an actual person and she'd play as Dante Gill, who looked like this

**** you Hollywood. First you claim Asians don't have facial expressions, then you make Freddie Mercury significantly less gay to the point China's censored version is only 3 minutes shorter and you do this in the span of 3 years

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

This but unironically
I think I'm gonna love that game very much. I've enjoyed my time with the warriors games I've played and I'm not even a big Zelda or Fire emblem guy, but putting that gameplay with my favorite RPG party ever? Sign me up baby!

Geez dude, let it go.
It's telling you're saying I should let it go instead of admitting you screwed up tremendously tbh

EDIT: Mods merge please I did a DP

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So uh, Detective Pikachu's reviews are out, and most of them are positive, but there are some who gave it more negative reviews.

Not like film reviews mean much in this day and age.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Ryan Reynolds playing Dante in the devil may cry movie when?
>Ryan Reynolds
>The guy who voices Deadpool, who rivals Dante
>In Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
>NOT giving Dante's role to Reuben Langdon
>Part Voice-Actor, part Actor
>Is his own stuntman
Dante_Reuben.jpg

C'mooooon, it writes itself!

stop saying your ****ing name all the time. "yoshi yoshi yoshi" ohhhh what are you a goddamn pokemon
Lemme bring attention to one specific part of your comment for a sec so someone can confirm if true or not:

Didn't Pokemon originally just grunt and growl? It feels like the Pokemon-speak was an anime choice thing that caught on or something.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So uh, Detective Pikachu's reviews are out, and most of them are positive, but there are some who gave it more negative reviews.

You're always going to get contrarians about movies. It's why people condemned Shape of Water for being a terrible Star Wars movie and why I would rather die than say the Doom movie with The Rock was terrible

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This but unironically

It's telling you're saying I should let it go instead of admitting you screwed up tremendously tbh

EDIT: Mods merge please I did a DP
I have my own opinion and you have yours.

That's all I really need to say on that lol

Noipoi

Howdy!
>Ryan Reynolds
>Is his own stuntman
View attachment 215146

Lemme bring attention to one specific part of your comment for a sec so someone can confirm if true or not:

Didn't Pokemon originally just grunt and growl? It feels like the Pokemon-speak was an anime choice thing that caught on or something.
Yeah, it was an anime thing I think.

And it's kind of a genius marketing move. Imagine some kid is watching a random episode of the anime, no idea what's going on. "I wonder what that thing is?" Pikachu! "Well now I know."

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

So yeah... I've seen scores ranging from 8/10 to 6/10, though I've noticed the gaming focused outlets seemed to have enjoyed it more

Who cares? It's still technically a good movie for video game adaptation standards.

:098:THE VIDEO GAME MOVIE CURSE IS BROKEN:098:Sorta kinda maybe idk

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
>Ryan Reynolds
>Is his own stuntman
View attachment 215146

Ah yes my favorite pokemon...

DELELELE WOOOOOOOOP

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I have my own opinion and you have yours.

That's all I really need to say on that lol
I don't think "This person who has built up a lot of muscle and performed workout regimes that are more intense than what the average person does can't play a muscular woman" is a matter of opinion tbh. I don't even care if you think she's bad at acting, it's literally that you made that **** up

Noipoi

Howdy!
So yeah... I've seen scores going from 8/10 to 6/10, though I've noticed the gaming focused outlets seemed to have enjoyed it more

Who cares? It's still technically a good movie for video game adaptation standards.

...until November :ultsonic:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Forget a Metroid movie, I just want Prime Trilogy on my Switch.
Both *****
Since we're on the topic of Persona though, I can safely say I think Colors Flying High is better than Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There:

I. Can't. Freaking. Wait. For. This. Game.
I want to marry this game...buying Persona 5 (and obviously have to buy Persona 5 R when it comes out)
When Arsene is activated and my opponent runs away:
View attachment 215143
Ebic
Jeez, we're getting a Pikachu Movie, a Somic Movie, and a Mario movie, and now you guys are asking for a Metroid and Yoshi movie? What do you guys want, a Smash Bros. Cinematic Universe?

...I want one once again
Teenage Link obsessed with smooching time.

Bam, 16% in RT and box office memetic hit
Cartoon Link sexual predator confirmed
I don't want Illumination to turn my boi into the Minions :yoshi:
That’s what the Toads will be for...no Yoshi allowed until taxes
yeah **** Yoshi cause yeah
Brock Lesnar going for his 7th straight month of warming up on the ropes.
Saudi Arabia...here he comes for a 3rd time

D

Deleted member

...you were referring to yourself, not Larson weren’t you?
nah i was talking about larson

idk about you but it's pretty easy to tell when she has deadpan snarker mode turned on or off for me at least

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If sans doesn’t get a Toy Story Woody costume when he joins Smash, I’m gonna be pissed because I’ve always wanted to play as the Sans Sheriff

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So yeah... I've seen scores ranging from 8/10 to 5/10, though I've noticed the gaming focused outlets seemed to have enjoyed it more

The most negative review so far was from the Associated Press, with a pretty miserable sub 40 score.

Other than that, it doesn't reach below 50 according to Metacritic (who, in my opinion, grade movies WAY harsher than they do for video games)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Detective Pikachu got negative reviews?
sad face computer pc a lot of tags.png

These movie critics are cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom