• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ahhh weird buffer thing.
I air-dodged further from the ledge for some reason, when I was trying to get back up.

D

Deleted member

Why do you need to know? I mean it’s kinda complicated. I don’t really like when people ask that question. Is this a personal attack or something?!
1556812670881.png

It’s not as if they’re going to get some huge psychotic lizard to play Ridley
Welp, **** any potential Metroid movie what's even the point if they don't cast the actual Ridley as Ridley
I hate that I know where this is from and it's not because I actually recognize it but because Charlotte instills a primal response from me.
It's why people condemned Shape of Water for being a terrible Star Wars movie
Am I having a stroke?

Double K

Smash Lord
so a friend I know made a ****post that has crossed seas and languages and even made it into UK Politics lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 215150

Welp, **** any potential Metroid movie what's even the point if they don't cast the actual Ridley as Ridley

I hate that I know where this is from and it's not because I actually recognize it but because Charlotte instills a primal response from me.

Am I having a stroke?
No, people ended up sending bots to pan Last Jedi to the wrong movie on Rotten Tomatoes. Some ****heads ended up doing it to Shape of Water

D

Deleted member

No, people ended up sending bots to pan Last Jedi to the wrong movie on Rotten Tomatoes. Some ****heads ended up doing it to Shape of Water
honestly rt shouldn't allow reviews before the movie is released to the ga

unless it already doesn't and i'm being dumb

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of Last Jedi. What Endgame did to Thor I now know how people felt when Luke's character was ********** into this grumpy hermit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love how people got all up on my case for just thinking about moving Persona 5 to America for my screenplay, but when I asked people to cast it all I got were white American actors.

You keep doin you Boards.

D

Deleted member

I mean, to be fair, Shape of Water is a pretty bad Star Wars movie

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I love how people got all up on my case for just thinking about moving Persona 5 to America for my screenplay, but when I asked people to cast it all I got were white American actors.

Hahaha eat your burgers Apollo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
honestly rt shouldn't allow reviews before the movie is released to the ga

unless it already doesn't and i'm being dumb
I mean the point of Rotten Tomatoes is to get as many reviews as possible to get an average score, with the audience score being separate. They kind of need to look at movie reviews that had embargoes lifted pre-release like Logan (specifically Logan because FOX was so confident they lifted the embargo surprisingly early for movie standards)

That being said after they saw that Captain Marvel's reviews didn't add up to the expected and eventual performance Rotten Tomatoes decided they should change the system because no way in hell could a movie with that success have a mere 18% 'audiences are interested' rating

D

Deleted member

Ahhh, Robin is so tough.

I tried revenging multiple times, but those projectiles linger for millenniums.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

well I mean, I said Asian actors pff. Not sure why people think americans playing Asians is a good idea lol

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shape of Water was a piece of magical art.

Pisses me off a film like that gets limited release in theaters yet crap like Star Bores: The Last Pinkeye gets a worldwide release and all this money just because it has the name Star Wars labeled on it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What Endgame did to Thor
What Endgame did to Thor never really changed his character. He lost it, and then he gained it back thanks to mom prep talk.

Now instead of trying to own up to Asgard's standards, he's trying to live off of his own standards to find himself instead of living off of the standards of a basically dead society.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What Endgame did to Thor never really changed his character. He lost it, and then he gained it back thanks to mom prep talk.

Now instead of trying to own up to Asgard's standards, he's trying to live off of his own standards to find himself instead of living off of the standards of a basically dead society.
I just hated how they just turned him into this fat drunktard with a beer belly. Like what the ****

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just hated how they just turned him into this fat drunktard with a beer belly. Like what the ****
He's riddled with guilt over feeling responsible for having half of life exterminating. The "you should've aimed for the head" pretty much traumatized his very being. It makes sense that he drowns his sorrow with alcohol.

D

Deleted member

You know...This was actualy my favorite part in the sonic movie trailer

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of Last Jedi. What Endgame did to Thor I now know how people felt when Luke's character was ********** into this grumpy hermit.
I don't watch Star Wars but what Endgame did made sense
He was striken with grief at the loss of his friends and family in Infinity War already, and failing after that, which means he lost MORE friends and with the guilt of half of the universe on top of his revenge on Thanos not being satisfying to him at all put him in a deep depression. It's a surprisingly human moment showing Thor at his weakest. It's one of the reasons I don't like the fat jokes, not just because it's tasteless when the movie was made in a country with an obesity problem but because Thor gained that weight through stress, you REALLY think it's good to say "Hey, if you know someone who's gained weight by stress, make fun of them for it which adds more stress to potentially more weight and self-destructive behaviour!"? At least Guardians 3 is justified now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wow it is robert downey jr. from the hit 2008 movie "iron man". hello robert downey jr.
shut the **** up before i [ONLY EPIC GAMERS WHO HAVE SEEN AVENGERS: ENDGAME IN THEATERS CAN SEE THE REST OF THIS HILARIOUS JOKE]

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't watch Star Wars but what Endgame did made sense
He was striken with grief at the loss of his friends and family in Infinity War already, and failing after that, which means he lost MORE friends and with the guilt of half of the universe on top of his revenge on Thanos not being satisfying to him at all put him in a deep depression. It's a surprisingly human moment showing Thor at his weakest. It's one of the reasons I don't like the fat jokes, not just because it's tasteless when the movie was made in a country with an obesity problem but because Thor gained that weight through stress, you REALLY think it's good to say "Hey, if you know someone who's gained weight by stress, make fun of them for it which adds more stress to potentially more weight and self-destructive behaviour!"? At least Guardians 3 is justified now
Fair enough. Still shouldn't had given him that beer belly...-_-

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Seriously though.
He was pretty much solely responsible for Thanos being able to do the snap. He internalized that and sunk into a terrible depression. He was vulnerable.

I feel like people criticizing what happened with Thor don't really know the kind of toll something like that takes on someone.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
well I mean, I said Asian actors pff. Not sure why people think americans playing Asians is a good idea lol
Because they’re foolish humans beneath the feet of the Phantom Thieves
You hate pretty much everything about Thor atm...so hating this isn’t a surprise (also we probably shouldn’t use any word that ends with
tard
unless there’s nobody whom gets offended in the slightest

D

Deleted member

Shape of Water was a piece of magical art.

Pisses me off a film like that gets limited release in theaters yet crap like Star Bores: The Last Pinkeye gets a worldwide release and all this money just because it has the name Star Wars labeled on it.
43144ece-66ba-4e48-ad95-5e976ba74f2a.jpg

That being said after they saw that Captain Marvel's reviews didn't add up to the expected and eventual performance Rotten Tomatoes decided they should change the system because no way in hell could a movie with that success have a mere 18% 'audiences are interested' rating
Oh geez I wonder what the reason for that was... really makes you think, huh

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So is it generally agreed that Metacritic should be used for Games while Rotten Tomatoes should be used for Films, or...?
people who rely on critic websites to somehow objectively rate a game or a film are brainwashed sheep

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Eh I think it was a good way to show how distraught he was after his failure. I mean if my entire family died, my entire homeland blew up, half the surviors from my homeland got killed, then half of them died again along with the rest of the universe due to me failing twice, yeah I'd be a drunk with a lot of self confidence issues.

I actaully really liked how he looked at the end of the movie, his braided beard was really Viking like and he started to remind me more of his father Odin

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Seriously though.
He was pretty much solely responsible for Thanos being able to do the snap. He internalized that and sunk into a terrible depression. He was vulnerable.

I feel like people criticizing what happened with Thor don't really know the kind of toll something like that takes on someone.
yeah i already made that point right here

He's riddled with guilt over feeling responsible for having half of life exterminating. The "you should've aimed for the head" pretty much traumatized his very being. It makes sense that he drowns his sorrow with alcohol.
im not disagreeing with you ol buddy ol pal ol friend ol rodent

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Seriously though.

Can ypu remind me how Thor was solely responsible again?
**** nvm, I just remebered lol ignore that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom