• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Naw if anything Mantis and Nebula are to blame. If only they kept their damn mouths shut about Gamora and being in anguish. Had to say it at the worst possible time. Couldn't had said it after they took the gauntlet off.
Ah yes, classic "blame the women"

Truth is though, no character is to blame for it other than Thanos himself and the Black Order. It's not because of Thor nor Starlord that purple man wantd to commit genocide

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm a little interested in getting a PlayStation vita just to play the Persona games on it. Knowing full well that one series isn't worth spending 120 dollars for a new console can anyone give me a list of games that would make it worth it?

If not then I'm just gonna hold off and see if Persona 4 gets a Switch version. If it doesn't I'll probably just take the plunge and get a vita.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Clearly I’m alone in thinking that.
View attachment 215167
As previously mentioned, people REALLY have something against Brie Larson for saying "I want to hear what the target audience has to say" by claiming she's anti-white people and ****. On this very thread we literally had a debate whether or not she had muscle

Ironically enough Captain Marvel is incredibly basic as a feminist movie yet here we are with men screaming constantly

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Looks like all the Detective Pick A Shoe reviews are "If you know Pokéman you'll enjoy it, but the plot is lackluster"

Which is pretty much what I expected; a catch the reference fest playing homage to the franchise and not a noir thriller. Which also is okay anyway.

D

Deleted member

As previously mentioned, people REALLY have something against Brie Larson for saying "I want to hear what the target audience has to say" by claiming she's anti-white people and ****. On this very thread we literally had a debate whether or not she had muscle

Ironically enough Captain Marvel is incredibly basic as a feminist movie yet here we are with men screaming constantly
carol, exactly once in the whole damn film: "let's show these boys how we do it"
****ing nerds:
1556852047156.png

1556851936966.png

1556851985173.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm still predicting Detective Pikachu is hitting a billion or at least close. Pokemon is a big franchise especially for children.

I can easily see it making the top 5.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

Clicked on the link to find a sad article about Mayhew's death. Rest in piece, but...

""He put his heart and soul into the role of Chewbacca and it showed in every frame," his family said."

That was all the family had to say? That he did a good job being a non-human character for a movie? Not anything more touching and close to home, but that he REALLY WAS the wookie? Okay then...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Speaking of Video game movie adaptations, how about an out of context excerpt from the 2nd script draft of the official Mario Bros. Movie.

View attachment 215169
That movie had so much executive meddling. This was when they hired the writers who had some edge in their writing right? It's so fascinating seeing what the movie could have been

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
carol, exactly once in the whole damn film: "let's show these boys how we do it"
so how exactly are these same people taking the girl team up scene from endgame

they probably peed their pants when they saw that spider-man, their beloved 16 year old child superhero, needed help from repulsive members of the female sex to aid him in not getting the universe nuked again

D

Deleted member

I'm a little interested in getting a PlayStation vita just to play the Persona games on it. Knowing full well that one series isn't worth spending 120 dollars for a new console can anyone give me a list of games that would make it worth it?

If not then I'm just gonna hold off and see if Persona 4 gets a Switch version. If it doesn't I'll probably just take the plunge and get a vita.
Apart from P4G, a few Atlus games are good on it. Particularly Vanillaware ones like Muramasa and Dragon's Crown.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm 101% sure hating on Captain Marvel is a ****ing meme

1556852307939.png

D

Deleted member

so how exactly are these same people taking the girl team up scene from endgame

they probably peed their pants when they saw that spider-man, their beloved 16 year old child superhero, needed help from repulsive members of the female sex to aid him in not getting the universe nuked again
"god that whole scene is so forced and dumb something like that wouldn't just happen it feels unnatural"

failing to consider:
78hsj2rgko321.gif

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
"god that whole scene is so forced and dumb something like that wouldn't just happen it feels unnatural"

failing to consider:
View attachment 215175
also the fact that spider-man is so ****ing weak compared to the majority of these other female characters

like yeah ok neckbeard, you're telling me that the confirmed strongest MCU hero, a girl in a suit similar to the one that made thanos bleed, and an asgardian warrior are nothing compared to a little boy with web tech in his sleeve?

D

Deleted member

You think it's bad now, wait till they do Kamala.

For those who don't know, Kamala Khan is a HUGE Carol Danvers fangirl who's half-American and half-Pakistani. She's also a Muslim. She's basically the new Rogue in terms of popular characters, as in, IMMENSELY popular
when are we gonna stop having all these sjw characters with forced diversity
"how is it forced"
they exist in my goddamn comic book movies
...we aren't the same person.

Holy ****. Lol
uhhhhh lolipopped?

D

Deleted member

Remember when some guy demanded Carol to limit her own strength for a "fair fight" so she could "prove herself" and then she just blasted him across the desert and told to his face she didn't have anything to prove to him? ****ing iconic.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Clicked on the link to find a sad article about Mayhew's death. Rest in piece, but...

""He put his heart and soul into the role of Chewbacca and it showed in every frame," his family said."

That was all the family had to say? That he did a good job being a non-human character for a movie? Not anything more touching and close to home, but that he REALLY WAS the wookie? Okay then...

If they wanna say or not other stuff is up to them, is their privacy during these hard times. One can be brief of very extended on these statements; everybody handles grieving in different ways.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A Joker CPU just landed a drag down Uair into a kill confirm on me.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go prepare my apocalypse shelter for the inevitable AI revolution. It seems to be coming sooner then I expected.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
when are we gonna stop having all these sjw characters with forced diversity
"how is it forced"
they exist in my goddamn comic book movies

uhhhhh lolipopped?
It's especially funny when they got Whesley Snipes as Blade, who if I believe not only made comic book movies cool again, but also was so iconic that Marvel decided Blade shouldn't be a white guy in the comics anymore

D

Deleted member

Remember when some guy demanded Carol to limit her own strength for a "fair fight" so she could "prove herself" and then she just blasted him across the desert and told to his face she didn't have anything to prove to him? ****ing iconic.
there was this guy at work who was like "i really wished she fought him hand-to-hand, it would've shown her character development"
like bruh i don't think we watched the same movie lmao

D

Deleted member

Oh goddammit I was joking. News flash, CinemaSins isn't actual criticism, it's nitpicking at everything. They've even been caught lying about many movies, manipulating the footage shown to make them look right, **** up on checking their scripts in case something they nitpicked about early on gets addressed later and refusing to acknowledge symbolism such as them going "Why are there no train tacks in Snowpiercer? This is a flaw!" when the train itself is a metaphor for capitalism *watch the movie it makes sense*
I liked Cinemasins until they started making videos over movies I liked. Then I started seeing the flaw in their comedy. "Comedy" as in, make the same joke over again in most videos, using confusion as a reason to sin movies instead of thinking or , taking the piss out of visually marvelous scenes because a detail was off, and inherently going into every moveset with a mindset of, "How can I trash this movie?"
****ing nerds:
View attachment 215174
View attachment 215172
View attachment 215173
I haven't watched Captain Marvel so my impression of her in Endgame was very iffy.

She shows up, leaves, does nothing for the entire movie and doesn't help with the Infinity Stone quest for some reason when that's a greater goal (compared to Antman), and then comes back for a couple minutes before leaving again. I just got assertive newbie out of her, but unlike Dr. Strange who had an inherent importance to Infinity War (Time Stone), she was just there just to be there, I felt. I also haven't watched Dr. Strange but felt I got to know the Doctor really well in Infinity War due to his chemistry with Tony and active role in the narrative. Even ignoring the cynical "feminist propaganda" complaints or whatever the **** people say about that, she was boring and didn't really establish any impact with the characters or story.

I wanted to come out of Endgame liking her but :urg:

KMDP

Smash Legend

*looks it up*

Apparently the Vita had enough games released on it to justify splitting the list on Wikipedia into five pages.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A–L)
Not the biggest help but whatever.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You think it's bad now, wait till they do Kamala.

For those who don't know, Kamala Khan is a HUGE Carol Danvers fangirl who's half-American and half-Pakistani. She's also a Muslim. She's basically the new Rogue in terms of popular characters, as in, IMMENSELY popular
i dont think kamala is gonna turn any heads honestly

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
That movie had so much executive meddling. This was when they hired the writers who had some edge in their writing right? It's so fascinating seeing what the movie could have been
Oh man I read up on the movie and the production was a beautiful trainwreck.

The original script was more whimsical, kind of like wizard of Oz, but Mario, Luigi, and Toad have to go on a quest to save Princess "Hildy". lots of wacky magical hijinks.

The second script got the Max Headroom writers, where the whole dystopian dino dimension came in. It tried to have social commentary, with the hedonistic Dinosaur people satirizing consumerism and moral decay. Additionally we have a police state and a fake democracy run by Koopa who wants to merge the worlds for its resources, since his world was depleted from overconsumption.

heres an another out of context excerpt

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh man I read up on the movie and the production was a beautiful trainwreck.

The original script was more whimsical, kind of like wizard of Oz, but Mario, Luigi, and Toad have to go on a quest to save Princess "Hildy". lots of wacky magical hijinks.

The second script got the Max Headroom writers, where the whole dystopian dino dimension came in. It tried to have social commentary, with the hedonistic Dinosaur people satirizing consumerism and moral decay. Additionally we have a police state and a fake democracy run by Koopa who wants to merge the worlds for its resources, since his world was depleted from overconsumption.

heres an another out of context excerpt
Mario, secretly a Bowser apologist.

D

Deleted member

I liked Cinemasins until they started making videos over movies I liked. Then I started seeing the flaw in their comedy. "Comedy" as in, make the same joke over again in most videos, using confusion as a reason to sin movies instead of thinking or , taking the piss out of visually marvelous scenes because a detail was off, and inherently going into every moveset with a mindset of, "How can I trash this movie?"

I haven't watched Captain Marvel so my impression of her in Endgame was very iffy.

She shows up, leaves, does nothing for the entire movie and doesn't help with the Infinity Stone quest for some reason when that's a greater goal (compared to Antman), and then comes back for a couple minutes before leaving again. I just got assertive newbie out of her, but unlike Dr. Strange who had an inherent importance to Infinity War (Time Stone), she was just there just to be there, I felt. I also haven't watched Dr. Strange but felt I got to know the Doctor really well in Infinity War due to his chemistry with Tony and active role in the narrative. Even ignoring the cynical "feminist propaganda" complaints or whatever the **** people say about that, she was boring and didn't really establish any impact with the characters or story.

I wanted to come into Endgame defending her but :urg:
i can see why you feel that way, honestly at times she felt more like a plot device than anything for all the hype around her being in endgame. it's one of the few flaws i have with the movie

but i don't think she was being ultra assertive or cocky, considering that she explicitly respects the avengers and what they do. she makes a point out of it when she talks about how a lot of other planets don't have heroes like earth has the avengers. she's cocky in a no-nonsense way, like "yeah i'm strong that's just a fact. i'm not stepping on y'all's toes though"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom