• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
captain marvel is iffy for me because man

whoever wrote the modern captain marvel comics left such a bad aftertaste in my mouth that i just cant trust that **** anymore after what civil war 2 did 3 years ago

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Best Cinemasins video was the one time they did a GTA in game movie (as in, you literally go to the movies to see it).

Don't @ me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Watching you guys squabble over movies is too damn funny
better than being self-loathing

though considering im on 24/7 ignore out of these conversations i might as well be talking to a birck wall so i take it back

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Pretty good games thus far, usually ending with last stock/last hit situations (or close enough before an unfortunate SD happens).

GGs PsySmasher PsySmasher @ShinyLegendary and Moydow Moydow (briefly at least). I have a bit more experience fighting Ridley since he's my most played too, and most of the friends I play with also main him.

Is there an open arena right now?
Yep, right here.

I'm back from the AMA thread, let's get it.

ID: BCD8G
Password: 1945

Hey Just a Penguin, that image makes you look like a pillow hanging out with a pillow that has a UP pillowcase on it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
MOVIE TRIVIA WITH GWEN!

Did you know that in the original Alien movie, the people working on the movie felt the Xenomorph's legs looked too obviously human so they decided to play with camera angles so you never got to see the Xenomorph's legs?

Did you know that in Predator, they couldn't actually finish making the Predator suit on time so they already started filming before finishing it?

Did you know that lots of Schwarzenegger movies try to deliberately make iconic catchphrases, only for the most popular lines uttered from Arnie to not be the lines that the writers tried to make popular?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I know that. But it implied someone else said we were. Which is hilarious.
I can see why. Taylor has a pretty big reputation for being a huge FNAF fan 'round these parts, and then suddenly you show up theming your whole-ass profile around an animatronic.

Honestly, if I hadn't seen you change from Ralsei to Circus Baby myself, I probably would've thought the same thing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You think it's bad now, wait till they do Kamala.

For those who don't know, Kamala Khan is a HUGE Carol Danvers fangirl who's half-American and half-Pakistani. She's also a Muslim. She's basically the new Rogue in terms of popular characters, as in, IMMENSELY popular
Is she though? Because if I'm being honest, despite seeing a lot of merchandise made about her well, I've just never seen that stuff sell. I've never heard of anyone who reads her comics either.

Maybe it's just in my own area but the comic book fans I know don't really talk about her that much.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Watching you guys squabble over movies is too damn funny
It's honestly kind of annoying to me. Nonstop ******** if everyone doesn't think the same. Either you like the movie or you don't. Trying to question a person's character on it is a bit immature.

On the other hand. Spider-Verse is better than every MCU film and made Miles a good character finally.

I hope they do follow up with that Noir film and it wasn't just a April Fools thing that came out a day too early.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Detective Pikachu is at a 68
1556853202395.png

MOVIE TRIVIA WITH GWEN!

Did you know that in the original Alien movie, the people working on the movie felt the Xenomorph's legs looked too obviously human so they decided to play with camera angles so you never got to see the Xenomorph's legs?

Did you know that in Predator, they couldn't actually finish making the Predator suit on time so they already started filming before finishing it?

Did you know that lots of Schwarzenegger movies try to deliberately make iconic catchphrases, only for the most popular lines uttered from Arnie to not be the lines that the writers tried to make popular?
movie trivia with faygo

watch captain america: endgame

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Look, from what I’ve seen so far, Brie Larson has given me nothing to like about her as a person, her acting is serviceable but whatever. I know I’m not the only one who feels that way about her but it’s clear its just me here, I think it’s just best that I move on.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok why the **** do people still blame anyone for the loses in infinity war when in that same ****ing movie, strange tells them everything had to happen that way and it gets proved within endgame obviously.

So why the hell are people being this dumb still? Marvel set its rules and stuck by them. It’s that easy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i can see why you feel that way, honestly at times she felt more like a plot device then anything for all they hype around her being in endgame. it's one of the few flaws i have with the movie

but i don't think she was being ultra assertive or cocky, considering that she explicitly respects the avengers and what they do. she makes a point out of it when she talks about how a lot of other planets don't have heroes like earth has the avengers. she's cocky in a no-nonsense way, like "yeah i'm strong that's just a fact. i'm not stepping on y'all's toes though"
I get that. I think if we saw the "I want to help people" side of her more throughout the movie, I would have got to know her better. Otherwise, my knowledge of her is skindeep. I got she is basically the superwoman of Marvel and is pretty confident in her powers. She's just not fleshed out when the first half was entirely dedicated to fleshing out everybody by providing closure to their arcs. It was baffling because she was hyped up since the end of Infinity War.

Since it's also relevant to the conversation, I don't get the "feminist" complaints at all when it really only applies to one scene in a fight entirely dedicated to gratuitous fanservice and characters stopping in the middle of battle to talk to each other slowly. Let the ladies have fun with this, I say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
so i heard the character designer of the sonic movie is literally going back to change the character design

i wonder how it'll end up tbh

D

Deleted member

HOT TAKE FRESH FROM THE OVEN:
Endgame is only the 4th best film from 2019 because Detective Pikachu and Rise of Skywalker (will) exist and they only released Spider-verse here this year.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It's honestly kind of annoying to me. Nonstop ******** if everyone doesn't think the same. Either you like the movie or you don't. Trying to question a person's character on it is a bit immature.

On the other hand. Spider-Verse is better than every MCU film and made Miles a good character finally.

I hope they do follow up with that Noir film and it wasn't just a April Fools thing that came out a day too early.
I’d much rather talk about Spiderverse right now.

D

Deleted member

I get that. I think if we saw the "I want to help people" side of her more throughout the movie, I would have got to know her better. Otherwise, my knowledge of her is skindeep. I got she is basically the superwoman of Marvel and is pretty confident in her powers. She's just not fleshed out when the first half was entirely dedicated to fleshing out everybody by providing closure to their arcs. It was baffling because she was hyped up since the end of Infinity War.

Since it's also relevant to the conversation, I don't get the "feminist" complaints at all when it really only applies to one scene in a fight entirely dedicated to gratuitous fanservice and characters stopping in the middle of battle to talk to each other slowly. Let the ladies have fun with this, I say.
honestly it was a little bit disappointing
like i get the movie was focusing on the og 6 and it's better off for it, bringing closure to everyone's arcs and such
and i also get it was a marketing decision to pump out toys and promote their hot new character
but goddamn they really dedicated two post-credits scenes to her appearance in endgame only for her to have exactly fifteen minutes of screentime didn't they

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
so i heard the character designer of the sonic movie is literally going back to change the character design

I expect them to mostly change the eyes and the lack of gloves.

Those are the things that bug me the most put of the design.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Another thing on that one scene people are complaining about I’m endgame. Yes it’s a shot there to show diversity and maybe set up a future film. Regardless the complaints that the scene shouldn’t have been able to happen is pretty dumb. Spoilers ahead obviously/

the battle at the end is ****ing massive, there were like 1,500 actors they said iirc and it took a week to film. On top of any cgi army members.

There was enough people to hold Thanos off and everyone was doing different things. Such the females being able to take the lead wasn’t that unrealistic and is a good shot to have.

It’s stupid that it triggered so many morons.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is she though? Because if I'm being honest, despite seeing a lot of merchandise made about her well, I've just never seen that stuff sell. I've never heard of anyone who reads her comics either.

Maybe it's just in my own area but the comic book fans I know don't really talk about her that much.
Kamala Khan's comics sold like hotcakes to the point Marvel felt the need to give her physical copies a sixth printing. That's VERY rare for comics. It's also apparently an open secret that Ms Marvel's digital sales are through the roof. Kevin Feige has already said he's putting her in the MCU, which for a character who's only been around since 2014 is a surprisingly big deal

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

How much can they really change at this point?

Just accept that Jim Carry's the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom