• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've never actually seen gameplay of Mass Effect Andromeda outside of like, out-of-context clips of glitches and stuff people use to prove their point that the game was bad.
Make no mistake. It's the worst Mass Effect game. But overall it's an enjoyable RPG with notable faults.

The out-of-context graphics memes are indeed there. Sometimes the game looks pretty and sometimes it looks dated. But it wasn't like it was a hot mess. In general the way they constructed the story felt more like Mass Effect fan fiction than a legitimate continuation of the series, and while the combat was great, the sheer amount of Stuff To Do™ to justify the unnecessary open world setup gets monotonous. I think the game's honestly more fun when you basically ignore half of the side missions and fetch quests and just focus on story and character missions like how previous ME games were constructed.

All of this doom and gloom talk about Bioware got me to revisit ME:A after playing through Anthem, and honestly neither game is terrible. They're fine. I expect better than "fine" from Bioware, of course, but the enormous fan backlash is overblown.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You sure? Cause her comics have literally won award, sold millions, got praised by the US president (At the time tbf), and has quite a bit of merchandise. She doesn't have her own show and only really gets cameos or one-off episode outside of the made-for-TV movie Marvel Rising that came out in September and again, is already being planned for the MCU, with it being possible she was planned sooner as Ike Perlmutter infamously kept denying Kevin Feige his Black Panther and Captain Marvel movies. Again, for a comic character who is THAT young, that's incredibly impressive
Well people I've asked about her have only really given me "Captain Marvel fangirl" "stretchy arms" and "cute design" as descriptions of her so I've just kinda shrugged her off as a "meh" character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just looked Kamala Khan up. Holy **** I love her design already, I'm all in for a movie on her.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Time for a confession, folks

Take your time, I’ll hear out all of your confessions
While I stated that I am not a massive fan of anime and manga, heck, I actually have read a little bit of manga before I watched any anime that wasn't Pokemon.

I read Naruto, which I didn't like
I also read this one wholesome manga with some green haired girl and I think her older brother? It was a series too, but I only read one

But the first manga I ever read was

Tokyo Tokyo Mew Mew

...yeah...

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Damn that near comeback was awesome to watch. Your Bowser is scary PsySmasher PsySmasher

I should have stayed Charizard in our match, that SD as Squirtle was embarrassing.
Heh... thanks!
Since I dual main :ultridley:/:ultbowser:, a lot of my playstyle just revolves around reading my opponent.

So when I'm down a stock or two, I tend to get better at reads... most of the time.

And your :ultpokemontrainerf: (+ all the other characters you play) are really good.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Chrom why do you wear three pairs of shoes at a time?
I'm too tired to make a bonus image to throw in alongside whatever Noipoi comes up with, but right now I'm just having this mental image of:

:ultchrom:: "Frederick keeps buying them for me. I don't know what to do with all of these shoes. There's so many. I can't find a place to put them anymore. But they just keep showing up. I've tried giving them away, tossing them in a pile, discreetly burning a few in the dead of night. . .Frederick keeps catching me in the act and chastising me. And then he just proceeds to give me even more. It's the only place left I could think of that I could put more shoes. By the gods it's uncomfortable in the summer. I just don't know how to tell Frederick to stop buying me so many shoes."

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Make no mistake. It's the worst Mass Effect game. But overall it's an enjoyable RPG with notable faults.

The out-of-context graphics memes are indeed there. Sometimes the game looks pretty and sometimes it looks dated. But it wasn't like it was a hot mess. In general the way they constructed the story felt more like Mass Effect fan fiction than a legitimate continuation of the series, and while the combat was great, the sheer amount of Stuff To Do™ to justify the unnecessary open world setup gets monotonous. I think the game's honestly more fun when you basically ignore half of the side missions and fetch quests and just focus on story and character missions like how previous ME games were constructed.

All of this doom and gloom talk about Bioware got me to revisit ME:A after playing through Anthem, and honestly neither game is terrible. They're fine. I expect better than "fine" from Bioware, of course, but the enormous fan backlash is overblown.

Did you just say that Anthem isn't terrible?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well people I've asked about her have only really given me "Captain Marvel fangirl" "stretchy arms" and "cute design" as descriptions of her so I've just kinda shrugged her as a "meh" character.
And people only said "Superheroes in anime" to me in regard to why I should watch My Hero Academia yet here we are with a protagonist who's handicapped, a surprising amount of respect for women and minorities, strong writing and ridiculously good world building. People like Kamala because she brings lighthearted fun back to comics, especially with the new Squirrel Girl comics. She brings in some realism which a lot of readers can relate to, being a post 9/11 muslim in America. Her original run also had a theme about how millenials are pushed around and hated by the previous generation, which as you can imagine, resonated with many, many readers. By having such a fun character with mass appeal, people kept buying her comics. What's also noteworthy is that Kamala's comics are easily some of the best selling comics Marvel has digitally, which may explain why your local store seemingly has shelf-warmers
Just looked Kamala Khan up. Holy **** I love her design already, I'm all in for a movie on her.
SEE I DON'T HAVE GARBAGE TASTE YOU TRASH MAMMAL

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Did you just say that Anthem isn't terrible?
Yep.

In videogame culture we need to stop seeing everything in strict shades of black and white. Anthem was enjoyable in a lot of ways. Flying always felt fantastic; combat mechanics are good too, but held back by the repetitive nature of loot shooters. The endgame content is garbage and it had launch problems, but I enjoyed my initial playthrough for the most part. Brin is fantastic, as are Max, Yarrow and Owen.

The game concept itself wasn't sound-- play with people out in the big world, then everyone separates into separate smaller worlds to try and enjoy a story with people barking in your microphone the whole time-- and if loot shooters are your thing, it's the worst loot shooter. (I'd argue loot shooters by their very design are bad game design.) But to say it had no redeeming qualities is disingenuous. It's not even my least favorite game I've played this year.

Shroob

Sup?
Yep.

In videogame culture we need to stop seeing everything in strict shades of black and white. Anthem was enjoyable in a lot of ways. Flying always felt fantastic; combat mechanics are good too, but held back by the repetitive nature of loot shooters. The endgame content is garbage and it had launch problems, but I enjoyed my initial playthrough for the most part. Brin is fantastic, as are Max, Yarrow and Owen.

The game concept itself wasn't sound-- play with people out in the big world, then everyone separates into separate smaller worlds to try and enjoy a story with people barking in your microphone the whole time-- and if loot shooters are your thing, it's the worst loot shooter. (I'd argue loot shooters by their very design are bad game design.) But to say it had no redeeming qualities is disingenuous. It's not even my least favorite game I've played this year.
Hard disagree on the flying to be blunt.

Sure the first few times it's fun, but it quickly becomes tedious, imo. That and the world feels just, empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom