• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So here’s a question. What characters do you think are coming phase four that we have never seen before?

I think the only fox ones we get are the FF and maybe silver surfer

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hard disagree on the flying to be blunt.

Sure the first few times it's fun, but it quickly becomes tedious, imo. That and the world feels just, empty.
That's a fair opinion. And the world is definitely empty.

My praise for the game is strictly on its character interactions and the bones of the gameplay. The verticality of the world design was also a welcome change from the norm. But as a Destiny clone it takes all the bad parts of Destiny and makes them worse.

Shroob

Sup?
That's a fair opinion. And the world is definitely empty.

My praise for the game is strictly on its character interactions and the bones of the gameplay. The verticality of the world design was also a welcome change from the norm. But as a Destiny clone it takes all the bad parts of Destiny and makes them worse.
That's similar to my opinion.

The characters are great(Though I really don't like the MC and the main villain), but if you're doing an open world game, you NEED **** to fill it with.

Anthem didn't deliver in that at all. The game looks very nice, but it's a big, jungle sandbox for the most part.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually if we take into account phase four is about space and doesn’t take the fox deal into account, then I wonder is it time for Nova?

Considering his home was destroyed in Infinity War thats an easy origin story

D

Deleted member

So here’s a question. What characters do you think are coming phase four that we have never seen before?

Deadpool: "So, apparently Disney needs me to keep Deadpool 3 'family friendly' so now I can only legally say each of the words ****, ****, piss, hell, ****, ass and pika one more time for and I already used two of those in Detective Pikachu so **** me."

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We know of Shang-Chi and Eternals being made, Kamala's being worked on and we've gottem teased for Adam Warlock and Miles Morales
There are also apparently rumors that the Eternals movie will introduce Hercules, too.

D

Deleted member

D R D O O M
R
D
O
O
M
Also not really the question but I wanna see Dormammu with his comic book design, I think he could make for a fun villain
1556856243088.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Deadpool: "So, apparently Disney needs me to keep Deadpool 3 'family friendly' so now I can only legally say each of the words ****, ****, piss, hell, ****, *** and pika one more time for and I already used two of those in Detective Pikachu so **** me."
Disney DID say they're open for an adult oriented Marvel category but I'm worried that they're going to turn Deadpool into their equivalent of a Netflix MCU show. As in, never acknowledge Deadpool at all.
On a side note, props to Homecoming for possibly being the only MCU movie to make any connections to the Netflix shows whatsoever due to Vulture's gig likely having provided stuff like the Judas bullet in Luke Cage

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That's similar to my opinion.

The characters are great(Though I really don't like the MC and the main villain), but if you're doing an open world game, you NEED **** to fill it with.

Anthem didn't deliver in that at all. The game looks very nice, but it's a big, jungle sandbox for the most part.
Yep. And I feel bad for people who wanted to invest in the game longterm. Did you see the news?

The top three people in charge all stepped down. One was for a temporary sabbatical but the other two left prematurely for Dragon Age 4. Which is great news for DA4 fans but it sounds like EA's already jumping ship on Anthem as anything more than a year-long service or so.

It *could* have a turnaround similar to Sea of Thieves but considering they're already moving key staff to another project well before they were supposed to, I'm not counting on it. If anything, I hope EA learns from this (HA!) and doesn't force Bioware to make DA4 into a games-as-a-service now.

Double K

Smash Lord
Yep.

In videogame culture we need to stop seeing everything in strict shades of black and white. Anthem was enjoyable in a lot of ways. Flying always felt fantastic; combat mechanics are good too, but held back by the repetitive nature of loot shooters. The endgame content is garbage and it had launch problems, but I enjoyed my initial playthrough for the most part. Brin is fantastic, as are Max, Yarrow and Owen.

The game concept itself wasn't sound-- play with people out in the big world, then everyone separates into separate smaller worlds to try and enjoy a story with people barking in your microphone the whole time-- and if loot shooters are your thing, it's the worst loot shooter. (I'd argue loot shooters by their very design are bad game design.) But to say it had no redeeming qualities is disingenuous. It's not even my least favorite game I've played this year.
The game has been time and time again proven to be broken at a base level with a gameplay loop that means nothing because the math doesn't matter, and the loot is bad, not to mention that the fact that it bricked people's consoles is very telling of the devs having no idea what they're doing.

When you're designing a game as a service, a certain level of basic things are expected and Anthem has none of them, and has continued to disappoint. Having a single good mechanic, does not make a game good or even remotely passable.

Patrick Boivin (@AngriestPat on Twitter) And Woolie Woolz (@WoolieWoolz on twitter) have on their podcast been covering the constant stream of dumpster fire news that is Anthem, and how it stole the limelight of disaster that was Fallout 76.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

MCU or not. I'd really REALLY like Kaine to be in more media. I really liked his evolution from Villain to Anti-Hero with a heart of gold. The idea that there's this un-shakeable good in Peter Parker that it even imprints in his clones' DNA is neat. So that a guy like Kaine, who doesn't even want to be a hero, still does the right thing, though in his own way, since he's still enough of his own man.

Also, his road to redemption taking years in the comics helped, compared to Ben Riley's Rise, Fall and then having a pretty Schizophrenic development in his solo series. Eh, as much I like the idea of Ben Riley actually getting a chance this time around, his niche as an Anti-Hero Spider-Man was done WAY better with Kaine. And the niche as a younger Spider-Man since Peter's been a grown ass man since the mid-60's, has been usurped by Miles. And both Kaine and Miles have different powers to set them apart from Peter Parker.

Also Miguel O'Hara. Who's just straight up the best Spin-off hero in Marvel.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
There are also apparently rumors that the Eternals movie will introduce Hercules, too.
All I know about Marvel Hercules is that he and Wolverine dated one time tbh
D R D O O M
R
O
O
M
Also not really the question but I wanna see Dormammu with his comic book design, I think he could make for a fun villain
View attachment 215201
If we never get comic Dormammu and have to settle with Benedict Cumberbatch killing Benedict Cumberbatch for the rest of the MCU I will deny Doctor Strange it's right to be praised

D

Deleted member

Disney DID say they're open for an adult oriented Marvel category but I'm worried that they're going to turn Deadpool into their equivalent of a Netflix MCU show. As in, never acknowledge Deadpool at all.
On a side note, props to Homecoming for possibly being the only MCU movie to make any connections to the Netflix shows whatsoever due to Vulture's gig likely having provided stuff like the Judas bullet in Luke Cage
To be fair, Deadpool's tone is just completely different from eveeything in the MCU and as much as I want Deadpool in the next Avengers, I fear that he would either ruin the tone of those movies or his character would get changed to fit with them.
I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and they could make him work but I have my doubts.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The game has been time and time again proven to be broken at a base level with a gameplay loop that means nothing because the math doesn't matter, and the loot is bad, not to mention that the fact that it bricked people's consoles is very telling of the devs having no idea what they're doing.

When you're designing a game as a service, a certain level of basic things are expected and Anthem has none of them, and has continued to disappoint. Having a single good mechanic, does not make a game good or even remotely passable.

Patrick Boivin (@AngriestPat on Twitter) And Woolie Woolz (@WoolieWoolz on twitter) have on their podcast been covering the constant stream of dumpster fire news that is Anthem, and how it stole the limelight of disaster that was Fallout 76.
If you'd read my post, I didn't deny any of those. I played Anthem like a Bioware game and enjoyed its good story-related qualities, so the garbage endgame and repetitive loot cycle (which, IMO, is a bad concept for engaging gameplay regardless of how it's designed) didn't apply. That's what I meant by looking at things strictly in shades of black and white.

Also I have no idea who "AngriestPat" or "WoolieWoolz" are but judging by those names I'm sure they're fine professionals.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

idk much about comics but i hope they put this guy in
1556856559392.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Captain Britain. I recall there are talks of a movie for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be fair, Deadpool's tone is just completely different from eveeything in the MCU and as much as I want Deadpool in the next Avengers, I fear that he would either ruin the tone of those movies or his character would get changed to fit with them.
I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and they could make him work but I have my doubts.
It's simple, you don't put Deadpool in the Avengers. You put the Avengers in the Deadpool movies and have them not want to invite him because he's weird and a bad influence on Spidey. Despite this he and Spidey become good friends anyway

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Whoops, definitely did not mean for the first Sheik game to end like that. GG all the same Quique. Your Joker is mad good, our games are always tense.

Edit: Except for that Cloud one, clearly. That was oof.

Heh... thanks!
Since I dual main :ultridley:/:ultbowser:, a lot of my playstyle just revolves around reading my opponent.

So when I'm down a stock or two, I tend to get better at reads... most of the time.

And your :ultpokemontrainerf: (+ all the other characters you play) are really good.
Mostly the same for me when I play him. I tend to be more comfortable at dictating the flow/pace than to be trying to come back, so I try to compensate when I'm playing from a deficit/trying to catch up by being smarter.

And thanks for that. PT is more of a "I wish I was better as them" secondary than Mewtwo/ZSS/Snake. But I still put the time in since I'm glad they're so much better/feel much more fun than they were in Brawl.

I've cheated at least twice on each of my Nuzlockes
It's hard not to sometimes. Especially when you just keep getting **** on by the RNG. I had this happen just earlier this week.

Took forever to find this/reply since this lobby is still going on, but might as well hit enter anyway.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That's Devil Dinosaur.

Also Zinith Zinith , No Sauron? No Doc Connor's Class?
Those too.

Though after Amazing Spider-Man, maybe they don't feel confident to bring the Lizard back into cinemas. He's one of my favorite villains (and not just because reptile) with an interesting thought process and motive and they just turned him into a generic "I'm the superior being" bad guy :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

It's simple, you don't put Deadpool in the Avengers. You put the Avengers in the Deadpool movies and have them not want to invite him because he's weird and a bad influence on Spidey. Despite this he and Spidey become good friends anyway
That... would just be the X-Men jokes they've been doing for the past two movies tho

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I wouldn't mind seeing Venom being a part of the MCU. Despite the backlash on the recent Venom movie, it doesnt change the fact that he's one of my big favorites.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I kinda just wanna see more of the out-there/Cosmic Marvel villains show up. The day Shuma-Gorath shows up in an MCU film is the day my life becomes complete.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That... would just be the X-Men jokes they've been doing for the past two movies tho
They should have kept the Deadpool 2 scene where Chris Evans showed up to audition for x force as captain America but they kept thinking he was there to audition as the human torch. With the fox deal now it would be funny to look back on.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Though I'm more than a bit disappointed that Spider-Man started in the MCU as a Teenager, I get why. But if you're going to go In Medias Res with him might as well take the best incarnation of him, since 90% of his best elements were him at 18 years old at least. I think even the later Ditko-Lee comics Peter was at least in college.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
True, but then you establish bonds and hey, suddenly the lighthearted Spiderman movies got Deadpool in them! or the record, I feel you CAN have Deadpool appear in the MCU outside of his own stuff but I feel he should kind of be like Stan Lee cameos. For example, I dunno, Spidey's stopping a mugger and then Deadpool pops out of a window yelling "KNOCK IT OFF I'M WATCHING CRAPPY SOAP OPERAS YOUR DAD TONY ALREADY BANNED ME FROM THE AVENGERS SO STOP GIVING ME THIS ****"

D

Deleted member

They should have kept the Deadpool 2 scene where Chris Evans showed up to audition for x force as captain America but they kept thinking he was there to audition as the human torch. With the fox deal now it would be funny to look back on.
I don't think I would have been able to live that theater alive if I had seen this onscreen

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I honestly wish they'd just scrap Dark Phoenix and New Mutants because given Disney's purchase its pretty clear Fox's X-Men is going nowhere and pretty much ended with Logan.

Plus given the producers and writers of Fant4stic are involved with the former. Its destined to bomb anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom