• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So is it generally agreed that Metacritic should be used for Games while Rotten Tomatoes should be used for Films, or...?
Rotten Tomatoes only indicate the number of critics that enjoyed the movie somewhat, not actual rates. If 90% of the critics rate it 6/10 and the other 10 2/10, its still going to have 90%. A lot of fun movies in Metacritc are in the 50 ranges so dont worry about it.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I just dont talk about P5 warriors because no one here really cares about it much because it isnt P5 switch. Id love to talk about the possable roster options. Like ****, Imagine is Nanako was DLC
Pfff I’m super into P5S I just don’t know enough about the other personas to contribute to a playable character speculation

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was typing that up before you posted though.
fastest keyboard in the west

Can ypu remind me how Thor was solely responsible again?
He feels responsible. He isn't solely responsible, but he feels like he is because he could have essentially killed Thanos in one fell swoop if he wasn't blinded by rage and revenge.

Rocket already makes the lesson that "you aren't the only one who feels this way ****head" and whatnot.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Seriously though.
He was pretty much solely responsible for Thanos being able to do the snap. He internalized that and sunk into a terrible depression. He was vulnerable.

I feel like people criticizing what happened with Thor don't really know the kind of toll something like that takes on someone.
Naw if anything Mantis and Nebula are to blame. If only they kept their damn mouths shut about Gamora and being in anguish. Had to say it at the worst possible time. Couldn't had said it after they took the gauntlet off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

PsySmasher PsySmasher
-Gets wicked combo
-Almost kills you
-Dies first
spiderman gif gif.gif

It was worth it, though. Also, I will move closer to my internet router.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Naw if anything Mantis and Nebula are to blame. If only they kept their damn mouths shut about Gamora and being in anguish. Had to say it at the worst possible time. Couldn't had said it after they took the gauntlet off.
Mantis isn't responsible here. She did exactly what Quill asked and explained what he felt.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD THEM THAT 1.) YOU NEED TO KILL SOMEONE TO GET THE SOUL STONE, AND 2.) THANOS WAS IN 2014

D

Deleted member

Have you ever thought that even if they removed the gaunlet, they could have lost either way? Dr Strange saw a multitude of futures with only one of them winning after all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok first of all, you? Condemning the Guardians? The ****?

Second, Star Lord is more to blame because of his tragically realistic outburst. Didn't Thanos reveal that he killed her for the Soul Stone anyway? If I'm wrong here then still, why WOULDN'T you want to tell a friend about the death of his girlfriend? Deliberately keeping that information away is worse

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Have you ever thought that even if they removed the gaunlet, they could have lost either way? Dr Strange saw a multitude of futures with only one of them winning after all.
That's just the directors excuse for why a sequel happened. I also saw that as an hyperbole.

Like really I can think of so many ways and opportunities the heroes had to win but was obviously ignored so a sequel would happen. HISHE also covered some of those.

D

Deleted member

Now I am going to move to my internet router.
Me getting first in line of a sudden was a shock.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's just the directors excuse for why a sequel happened. I also saw that as an hyperbole.

Like really I can think of so many ways and opportunities the heroes had to win but was obviously ignored so a sequel would happen. HISHE also covered some of those.
Cinemasins did this to film criticism and I hate it. In movies, drama ALWAYS prioritizes logic, because if movies were made to have practical, logical solutions all the time, they wouldn't be nearly as exciting. And in this case, we'd have lost a gut-wrenchingly tragic scene

D

Deleted member

This may sound biased, but I think Rayman may still have a small chance for DLC.

As we now know, DLC characters will be getting their own entire spirit boards. In Smash 4, Rayman appeared as a trophy, alongside two other characters from Rayman Legends. In Ultimate, Rayman reappears as a spirit, however, the two other characters are omitted. Could they have been omitted because they will become spirits once Rayman joins the battle?

really im just desperate i want rayman gimme rayman

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I got an actually decent night's sleep.

Hooray.

To wake up and find people posting Endgame **** outside spoiler tags.

Booooo.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Cinemasins did this to film criticism and I hate it. In movies, drama ALWAYS prioritizes logic, because if movies were made to have practical, logical solutions all the time, they wouldn't be nearly as exciting. And in this case, we'd have lost a gut-wrenchingly tragic scene
I love CinemaSins most notably tearing A Stupid Place a new one. Man did that movie have so many inconsistencies, flaws and plot-holes...

Seriously I rage quit as soon as the father placed the batteries within reach for the kid to grab rather then a high shelf where he wouldn't had reach them and leaving him unsupervised again and then having their two kids being the last to trail STILL not being supervised when it'd be more safe for them to be near and next to their parents.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

shut the **** up before i [ONLY EPIC GAMERS WHO HAVE SEEN AVENGERS: ENDGAME IN THEATERS CAN SEE THE REST OF THIS HILARIOUS JOKE]
Bro, I'm serious, why did you click if you don't want spoilers? I'm not joking dude, there's no ****ing meme in my eyes, stop reading. DUDE what the ****?! WHY don't you stop READING?! You think I BELIEVE that you've SEEN Endgame? Yeah, right. Last chance bro, these are some pretty intense spoilers, don't ****ing read ahead. Now that they're gone, Hulk dabs in Endgame.
I’m sorry but I don’t hear it, all I hear is condescension, arrogance and offense in her voice.
that seems more like a you problem than a brie problem

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

HiSHE is a comedy channel where they break many rules laid out in the movies or expect the characters to act unrealistically to change the ending.
Remember that when Thanos actually fought back vs the Avengers, he easily beat Cap, Tony and Thor together. Plus the other powerhouses like Captain Marvel weren't present.

D

Deleted member

Mantis isn't responsible here. She did exactly what Quill asked and explained what he felt.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD THEM THAT 1.) YOU NEED TO KILL SOMEONE TO GET THE SOUL STONE, AND 2.) THANOS WAS IN 2014
To be entirely fair to Nebula, there was no possible way to predict that her past self would establish a sort-of psychic link with her. If it weren't for that Thanos would've been none the wiser.
Also it's not like anything would've been different if she told Clint and Nat exactly how to get the Soul Stone, someone would have to die regardless.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also it's not like anything would've been different if she told Clint and Nat exactly how to get the Soul Stone, someone would have to die regardless.
I am entirely convinced that Black Widow only died because the Russos had no idea how she would fight anyone in the final scene.

Like yeah Natasha, pop some caps in Thanos, that'll solve the problem.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I love CinemaSins most notably tearing A Stupid Place a new one. Man did that movie have so many inconsistencies, flaws and plot-holes...
Oh goddammit I was joking. News flash, CinemaSins isn't actual criticism, it's nitpicking at everything. They've even been caught lying about many movies, manipulating the footage shown to make them look right, **** up on checking their scripts in case something they nitpicked about early on gets addressed later and refusing to acknowledge symbolism such as them going "Why are there no train tacks in Snowpiercer? This is a flaw!" when the train itself is a metaphor for capitalism *watch the movie it makes sense*

D

Deleted member

bruh thanos beat the **** out of mjolnir cap, double-wielding thor, and tony with his strongest suit ever when he didn't even have the goddamn gauntlet

there's literally no way i see them beating him before he chases down whoever has the gauntlet and bashes their head in

i mean the man destroyed vision's vibranium skull with three damn fingers for crying out loud

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Speaking of which.

I personally think Kang the Conqueror should be the next main Big Bad.

The idea here is he tries to undo what the Avengers and their allies did since they tampered with the natural route of the timeline and that as fiction shows time shouldn't be altered regardless of what happens.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of which.

I personally think Kang the Conqueror should be the next main Big Bad.

The idea here is he tries to undo what the Avengers and their allies did since they tampered with the natural route of the timeline and that as fiction shows time shouldn't be altered regardless of what happens.
Someone’s been playing MK11.

Roberk

Smash Champion

Think of it this way, Quill’s pain over learning of Gamora’s death is so powerful and constant that it takes place in each and every timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom