• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
And still working in fast food.

Truly, a reflection of our generation.
danny boy the difference is that spongebob is actually happy working in fast food

it just goes to show that spongebob can really do the impossible

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Because it’s boring. Has no goal. Has an ugly art style. And is to limiting to actually be creative in.

I didn’t till I came here and....

I don’t have the energy for this. I don’t like Minecraft. Never did. Can’t understand why people do no matter how much it’s explained to me.
Snake, please...

Let's not do this again

D

Deleted member

Here's the thing though.

Getting something right about E3 2018 does not automatically beget correctness on 2019. Something to consider is that previously he clearly had a very specific insider source because he'd somehow gotten a hold of E3 floor plans. This tweet makes a point to say "sources" in a vaguer sense.

I'm not saying he's wrong or right. I'm saying that one can ride one's reputation to seem legitimate, but getting something right doesn't confirm future leaks are also right.
I would say this guy might be more credible than Indie Gamer Chick or Polar's source on Banjo purely on track record.

Nothing's out of the clearing yet, but this means Banjo wasn't as confirmed as I expected.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn’t till I came here and....

I don’t have the energy for this. I don’t like Minecraft. Never did. Can’t understand why people do no matter how much it’s explained to me.
You don't need to understand. People like different things and they don't owe you an explanation.

Just accept it and move on, getting so hung up on video games is not healthy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of note, the same source that told M0H of the 2018 floor plans also told him E3 2017 would be themed after New Donk City.

M0H and E3 leaks weren't a one time thing.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
You all keep talking about Steve, but lets us focus on the bigger picture

SPONGEBOB IS 20 TODAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST CARTOON IN THE WHOLE DEEP BLUE SEA

Excuse you.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Of note, the same source that told M0H of the 2018 floor plans also told him E3 2017 would be themed after New Donk City.

M0H and E3 leaks weren't a one time thing.
Actually I'm reading a different tale on the leak page of the smash wiki.

So there was this Youtube user called "GU KingofHeart" (don't bother looking for their page, it no longer exists). Their source was the one that discussed the E3 2017 and E3 2018 plans along with a differing image of Battlefield.

Master0fHyrule only seemed to get three characters and a Battlefield image, but was still correct in the end.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I already have a thread there from last time this happened.

Should I continue it or make a new thread?
New one.

Every time a new bad ad comes in we need to report it separately. Essentially, the company that provides these ads has its own rules that it needs to enforce. They can only enforce them if they know which ads broke those rules. So be as specific as possible so our admins can properly communicate what ads need to go.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I wouldn't instantly jump to the conclusion that Steve is in based upon one single leak despite if they leaked something previously or not.

That said if Steve really is in then I wouldn't like that very much he's my least wanted Newcomer so if I get both Steve and Erdrick I wouldn't really be hyped at all, Like at all but I would be happy for Steve's fans I guess. I can see the reason behind putting Minecraft and Dragon Quest in Smash as both are huge franchises that deserve representation.

I don't want Steve but if he's in then fine I guess i'll have to accept him since I already bought the Fighters Pass.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I don't hate Steve, I won't pretend he really fits my interests though, nor does the idea of him as a fighter really excite me. He isn't much of a character. I get that a lot of support for him comes from the interest in his potential moveset, but that honestly isn't enough to sell me on him. I don't mind if he gets in, I would prefer Banjo over him though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I don't like Minecraft because Roblox was better.

I'm saying this unironically, the golden age of Roblox in the late 2000s was a golden era, I tell ya.

D

Deleted member

I would say this guy might be more credible than Indie Gamer Chick or Polar's source on Banjo purely on track record.

Nothing's out of the clearing yet, but this means Banjo wasn't as confirmed as I expected.
TBF, a lot of the stuff IGC posts is bull**** enough and pretty much the reason for Polar on trusting her source was being followed by Phil Spencer. Wonder how this will play ouy.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
If we are getting two character reveals at e3, I wonder when they'll be

I'd imagine they'd want to save the end of the direct's 'one last thing' for a game trailer - most likely Nintendo's biggest e3 title (i.e. Animal Crossing) - rather than just dlc

And typically the trailer which kicks off a direct has been for a new game, not just dlc

But they can sometimes drop bombshells in the middle of a direct - MP4's tease proved that

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
so um
what have you guys been up to
Healing. Hurting. Lifting furniture boxes. Entering inventory.

And yes I'm only replying because you said you were surprised people were still replying.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, remember when Tix were a thing?
1496473662359.jpg

Now it's basically a pay-to-play. Tix was what kept F2P people going, because at least they could earn things like clothes and hats. Now you're just stuck looking like a hippie with ginger dreads.

Does anyone here watch Death Battle?
lol they're rarely accurate or, if they are accurate, downplay a lot of feats

Last edited:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Does anyone here watch Death Battle?
I do from time to time. I don't take it too seriously, but I find it enjoyable.
Will Will Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you contribute to the DB fanon wiki?

D

Deleted member

so um
what have you guys been up to
Nothing despite me knowing what I want to do I just can't tackle that thing head on.

I want to re-read One Piece but that thing is absolutely massive so I don't know what to do I'm just kinda sitting here.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually I'm reading a different tale on the leak page of the smash wiki.

So there was this Youtube user called "GU KingofHeart" (don't bother looking for their page, it no longer exists). Their source was the one that discussed the E3 2017 and E3 2018 plans along with a differing image of Battlefield.

Master0fHyrule only seemed to get three characters and a Battlefield image, but was still correct in the end.
I'm under the assumption that the reason he knew those three was because he got the leak. Bayonetta, Shulk, and Duck Hunt were implicated in the floor plan leak after all.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This is going to go the exact same path as always. People hear about an event thing related to Minecraft, go "Smash confirmed!" and it turns out to just be yet another new thing for Minecraft that has nothing to do with Smash at all (spin-off, game, ****ty pointless update, whatever).

Unfortunately the killswitch is a month and a week away, so it's going to be a lot of Chicken Little-ing for a while.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Because it’s boring. Has no goal. Has an ugly art style. And is to limiting to actually be creative in.
See, this I have a different opinion on.

Let me show you something.

1556731545934.png

I built this. All of this.

1556731611991.png

At this time, it remains incomplete. The intent is to bring it over to my family survival server when it's done, so there's a great deal of renewable materials in the palette. Quirks of spawn mechanics have been thoroughly abused to keep the lighting down. There's been selections throughout to add depth and texture.

1556731737204.png

The ceiling is particularly bland, other than its shape. I still have some additional furniture to work on. There's people who would give me hell for all the brown I used. More yet to be done.

1556731835495.png

Nevertheless it remains a creative expression. A lot of agonizing hours over design choices of various stripes, all compacted into a relatively minor space. Where you see limits, I see possibilities. And I seized them to the best of my limited ability.

To say that somehow none of this is possible effectively denounces the work I've done.

It is with this in mind, and a heavy heart, I have to say I can neither agree with nor support your stance in any way.

I hope you understand.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You mean stuff like...
  • Crafting?
  • Terraforming?
Last I checked, we really don't have any Smash character that delves into those aspects that much
Literally neither of these could reasonably function in the Smash environment. You can't just open a menu in the middle of a match to craft something, and permanently modifying stage layouts on a one-match basis is a ridiculous thought.

As for merch showing Steve? Never seen such a thing. I've seen plenty of Minecraft merch in my time, and the Creeper is ALWAYS there. Hell, there's usually a pig there too. But I don't think I've ever seen anything outside of the box itself and maybe a t-shirt that has Steve on it. Meanwhile I've seen hundreds of plushies, posters, and toys of creepers.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we are getting two character reveals at e3, I wonder when they'll be

I'd imagine they'd want to save the end of the direct's 'one last thing' for a game trailer - most likely Nintendo's biggest e3 title (i.e. Animal Crossing) - rather than just dlc

And typically the trailer which kicks off a direct has been for a new game, not just dlc

But they can sometimes drop bombshells in the middle of a direct - MP4's tease proved that
My thought process is this:

If Nintendo chose to work with Microsoft-- so Steve, Banjo, Chief, Fenix, whomever-- they would be doing it to appeal to the Western market and Microsoft would want to make a big ****ing deal out of it. Phil Spencer has been on a three year bender of trying to make Xbox one of the cool kids, and being buddy buddy with Nintendo only serves to help Microsoft as their direct competitor is really Sony, not Nintendo.

So if a Microsoft character is in, whoever that may be, I can see this being announced at the Microsoft press conference alongside a physical appearance by Sakurai, Miyamoto or whomever else from Nintendo they want to do it. Meanwhile, the second character-- presumably Brave-- would be announced in Nintendo's Direct.

D

Deleted member

Now it's basically a pay-to-play. Tix was what kept F2P people going, because at least they could earn things like clothes and hats. Now you're just stuck looking like a hippie with ginger dreads.
Yeah, ROBLOX isn't exactly at its best right now. At least the games are getting better and better, and they're really fun with friends! Speaking of playing with friends, you wanna play together sometime? Maybe with others here too?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Literally neither of these could reasonably function in the Smash environment. You can't just open a menu in the middle of a match to craft something, and permanently modifying stage layouts on a one-match basis is a ridiculous thought.

As for merch showing Steve? Never seen such a thing. I've seen plenty of Minecraft merch in my time, and the Creeper is ALWAYS there. Hell, there's usually a pig there too. But I don't think I've ever seen anything outside of the box itself and maybe a t-shirt that has Steve on it. Meanwhile I've seen hundreds of plushies, posters, and toys of creepers.
Are you at all familiar with how Sackboy works in PSASBR?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, Death Battle is overrated. Things used to be different. Yeah I used to run a whole ****ing fan wiki on it for a good few years, but I don't do anything for it anymore. Big boys gotta grow up some day.

and now im just the same loser but now i dont watch **** that's probably wrong or misses a lot of crucial information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom