• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I guess? I just don't consider Ben an opponent for the Green Lanterns. I feel Ben's gonna lose unless they use Alien X because while Ben can be bull**** (5 year old Ben nearly managed to cause a supernova), he's not a comic character.
Using my vague memory of watching Ben 10 like a decade ago, my vague memory of comics I read a decade ago, I can answer this topic I care nothing about!
Green Lantern is strong enough to keep up with Superman and is really goddamn fast, dude can fly between solar system and I'm pretty sure even galaxies, he should be able to take out any form of Ben 10 except Alien X through speed alone. Alien X could kill him because, y'know, nigh omnipotence, but Hal has an ace up his sleeve. Dude can rewrite memories and telepathically link with other people, essentially giving him control over somebody's emotions. Cause of the whole constant arguing thing, this would make Ben unable to negotiate those two spirit guys, and could maybe even allow him to do it to the spirits too, essentially making Alien X useless.

But it's a dumb hypothetical about two characters who are wildly inconsistent so who really cares.

On a side note, man, Hal is a ****ing **** sometime isn't he? Not even getting into Parallax.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my favorite bull**** is when Sonic beat Mario
actually
no that's my least favorite
lol sonic could easily beat mario and vice versa

it's either he's so fast he can't be hit or he gets one lucky punch and it's hedgehog for dinner

not once have i seen mario genuinely go faster than light, and only rarely do i see genuine feats of going anything beyond the sound barrier

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
i leave for an hour and Steve is in, someone fill me in because i'm too lazy to go back a page
guy who has previously accurately leaked stuff about the E3 show floor has says that signs may be pointing to Steve being revealed at the event

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
my favorite bull**** is when Sonic beat Mario
actually
no that's my least favorite
My least favorite was when they retconned that and said nevermind Mario would win.

They had it right the first time.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Oh we ****talking DB now?

Vergil: consistently beating up Sephiroth for the entire fight. Literally does combos on him and his illusions.
Sephiroth:
f52-1.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
None of this stopped Villager.

Most Animal Crossing promotions focus on the animals; the Villager is mostly used as a player expy, a default skin that the player will almost never encounter in gameplay or replace the moment the opportunity arises with their own self-expression. Rather than pull things out from his pockets (involving a menu) he uses a combination of tools and random items, despite the fact that the lion's share of his game involves modifying your home and the town around you. He can even add to the stage with his Tree on a temporary basis.

Likewise, you're correct that most Minecraft merchandising focuses on other things, such as the mobs, and especially the Creeper; Steve is used largely as a player expy, a default skin that the player will almost never encounter in gameplay or replace the moment the opportunity arises with their own self-expression. Rather than pull things out from his inventory (involving a menu) he could use a combination of tools and random items, despite the fact that the lion's share of his game involves modifying the world around you. He could even add to the stage with a Place Block function on a temporary basis (perhaps similar to Hydrant, if not Tree).

There's nothing here I see as a problem.
Good argument.

Now be prepared for "but Villager is first party" respond.

D

Deleted member

Reexamining the tweet, the dude only says there are only signs of Steve. That means he hasn't heard Stece specifically, right? The Banjo Band hasn't fallen yet.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
None of this stopped Villager.

Most Animal Crossing promotions focus on the animals; the Villager is mostly used as a player expy, a default skin that the player will almost never encounter in gameplay or replace the moment the opportunity arises with their own self-expression. Rather than pull things out from his pockets (involving a menu) he uses a combination of tools and random items, despite the fact that the lion's share of his game involves modifying your home and the town around you. He can even add to the stage with his Tree on a temporary basis.

Likewise, you're correct that most Minecraft merchandising focuses on other things, such as the mobs, and especially the Creeper; Steve is used largely as a player expy, a default skin that the player will almost never encounter in gameplay or replace the moment the opportunity arises with their own self-expression. Rather than pull things out from his inventory (involving a menu) he could use a combination of tools and random items, despite the fact that the lion's share of his game involves modifying the world around you. He could even add to the stage with a Place Block function on a temporary basis (perhaps similar to Hydrant, if not Tree).

There's nothing here I see as a problem.
but villager is first party

checkmate atheists

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
wait what
they retconned
oh good
and no they did NOT have it right the first time
They did Mario vs. Sonic 2.0 that didn't take extended universes into account, stripping Sonic of all his comic lore while using a Mario Party minigame to argue that, canonically, the entire Mario cast has the speed to outrun a blackhole's pull.

Sonic beats Mario and no one can convince me otherwise.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They did Mario vs. Sonic 2.0 that didn't take extended universes into account, stripping Sonic of all his comic lore while using a Mario Party minigame to argue that, canonically, the entire Mario cast has the speed to outrun a blackhole's pull.

Go watch Death Battle's second Mario vs Sonic battle, if you care to do so.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Comic Sonic =/= Game Sonic you fool

also yeah that black hole feat was totally bull, because I was one of the first people who brought it up back in 2015 and wait i actually have a quote here

HOLD IT!

This is actually false. I've done this feat myself to determine whether or not this was an actual black hole. Let's look at the footage.

Right here, you see Mario get sucked into the black hole. And seconds later, you see him floating around in space. By the nature of black holes, Mario shouldn't have been ejected like it was a sci-fi wormhole. Ergo, this cannot be a real black hole.

D

Deleted member

Comics aren't canon and never will be tho

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
See, this I have a different opinion on.

Let me show you something.

View attachment 214365

I built this. All of this.

View attachment 214367

At this time, it remains incomplete. The intent is to bring it over to my family survival server when it's done, so there's a great deal of renewable materials in the palette. Quirks of spawn mechanics have been thoroughly abused to keep the lighting down. There's been selections throughout to add depth and texture.

View attachment 214370

The ceiling is particularly bland, other than its shape. I still have some additional furniture to work on. There's people who would give me hell for all the brown I used. More yet to be done.

View attachment 214372

Nevertheless it remains a creative expression. A lot of agonizing hours over design choices of various stripes, all compacted into a relatively minor space. Where you see limits, I see possibilities. And I seized them to the best of my limited ability.

To say that somehow none of this is possible effectively denounces the work I've done.

It is with this in mind, and a heavy heart, I have to say I can neither agree with nor support your stance in any way.

I hope you understand.
To think Ill be able to do this in DQB2
y'all already know im walking into the club with this on

View attachment 214376
How to instantly not look cute: this

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Kirby fans:

Well you see this one minigame shows that Kirby punched a meteorite the size of the moon back into space. Factoring in the relative size of the earth, we can accurately say that the meteorite is 3 bajillion tons meaning Kirby can punch with the power of a gorillion newtons.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That’s a weakness Toph overcomes by the end of the story.

Also, Sub-Zero is pretty fast too. Plus, Fulgore’s not exactly The Flash.

I’m confident considering they used footage from Ultimate Alien in the reveal.
My bad, I mixed Fulgore up with Glacius. But my point is Glacius has super speed which DB said "Lol he's fighting a ninja doesn't matter"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Archie Sonic is incredibly overpowered, but a separate entity from the games Sonic is in there.

And a fight with Mario without power-ups isn't really the whole idea of Mario VS Sonic, nor is any fight with Mario at all. Even in the RPGs, he uses items more than he does his fists or his jumps. It's like saying you're going to make :ultjoker: fight someone but you won't give him Arsene. It's that crucial to Mario.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kirby fans:

Well you see this one minigame shows that Kirby punched a meteorite the size of the moon back into space. Factoring in the relative size of the earth, we can accurately say that the meteorite is 3 bajillion tons meaning Kirby can punch with the power of a gorillion newtons.
Ok but the next Kirby game that would release after that DB episode literally says Kirby has infinite power

D

Deleted member

They're more canon than a party game where Bowser, Boo, Wario and Peach all play a friendly board game together.
no they're not
explain to me why Sally, Bunnie, Rotor, and Antoine don't ****ing exist please

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They're more canon than a party game where Bowser, Boo, Wario and Peach all play a friendly board game together.
The difference is that Bowser, Boo, Wario and Peach in those games are the same ones used in the other games. The same can't be said for Archie Sonic. This isn't hard to understand, man.

Mario doesn't even have a canon I think lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How so? Tell me, I would like to know.
If he heard Steve was going to be in, he would have said as much. Instead, he only said signs of Steve is a thing, which is no better than Verge saying he's heard Minecraft content is in. Too vague. It's 100%.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Tha-- what.

Did you read my post? That's the very thing I was just describing.
Oops! I didn't see that. As much as I'd hate to say it, speed is not enough. Mario is still stronger, though I do question him being more durable. Plus, his variety of power ups, and all that, though I do find his ability to keep up with Sonic because riding on a star that was fast was fishy too.

Still, Mario does have some edges over Sonic, and it wouldn't be surprising if he could beat the blue hedgehog, though I think they downplayed Sonic's speed, still.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so what y'all are saying is that banjo and master chief are in

as Steve skins from 360 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom