• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If they underplay him I will be right there with you in protest. But I have never truly felt that they’ve done that.
uh

Kenshiro
Tifa
Bowser
Silver Samurai
Daredevil and Nightwing

the list can go on if i remember any more

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Anyway here's pasta boy.

"but a faint tinge of darkness lies beneath his cheerful demeanor"
046657ede3154549514cc754684cdd013f51e7c5ffee9a90fc5cab6ef1d1b1ab.jpg

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am so happy Steve is in the air again.
I mean come on, Smash Bros x Minecraft has been my dream since... Forever?

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
uh

Kenshiro
Tifa
Bowser
Silver Samurai
Daredevil and Nightwing

They did Bowser dirty ngl. Ganon being only able to be harmed by holy weapons is some mad no limits fallacy. You telling me that if someone destroyed the Galaxy Ganon was in that he would live? Hell no.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me: "Oh ok so here's how King Crimson actually works, I finally figured it out."
King Crimson: *does that bullet phasing bull*****
View attachment 214387
See, that can be explained as you can say King Crimson cannot interact with whatever's in his world of time.
WHAT REALLY CONFUSES ME THOUGH IS HOW ARAKI FORGOT THAT AS HE MANAGED TO CHOP OFF THE FORTUNE TELLER'S HAND AND REPLACE IT WITH HIS OWN IN SKIPPED TIME

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They did Bowser dirty ngl. Ganon being only able to be harmed by holy weapons is some mad no limits fallacy. You telling me that if someone destroyed the Galaxy Ganon was in that he would live? Hell no.
They also said Ganon would've won anyway because he would've reincarnated several years later anyway

like what??????????????????????????

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
See, that can be explained as you can say King Crimson cannot interact with whatever's in his world of time.
WHAT REALLY CONFUSES ME THOUGH IS HOW ARAKI FORGOT THAT AS HE MANAGED TO CHOP OFF THE FORTUNE TELLER'S HAND AND REPLACE IT WITH HIS OWN IN SKIPPED TIME
Or how he threw a computer and keyboard out the window in skipped time.
They also said Ganon would've won anyway because he would've reincarnated several years later anyway

like what??????????????????????????
THAT'S BULL**** TOO BECAUSE IT GOES AGAINST THEIR OWN RULES. That's like if Pit won because he canonically dies and gets revived in his games, so if Sora killed him he just comes back anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was looking over Green Lantern stuff and I got reminded of this part, Parallax's origin, which I always find really funny.
Parallax's_origin.jpg

A fly gets scared for a bit. This thus transforms him into the literal embodiment of fear itself, a parasitic nightmare that poses an existential threat to the world and can take over even the most powerful superheroes.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
uh

Kenshiro
Tifa
Bowser
Silver Samurai
Daredevil and Nightwing

Captain America
Shadow
Fulgore
Captain Marvel
Samus
Wonder Woman
Ryu
Scout
Glacius
Spider-Man 2099
Carnage

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He isn't nowhere near Sonic's speed, but Sonic is nowhere near Mario's strength and durability unless you give that boy a Super Sonic, but even then with enough power or force or just be knuckles in sonic 3 and give him a jumpscare lmao you can knock that dude out of his form.
The argument of speed vs. strength in these nerd debates is one that ignores physics.

Force is mass x acceleration. This basic principle is why a bullet-- a harmless little piece of metal when stationary-- can **** you up when fired from a gun. Sonic's durability and sheer ludicrous speed would give him a tremendous amount of force for every strike that, IMO, Mario can't match.

I prefer Mario's games but this debate has never really been a debate in my mind. It's probably because I'm a Flash fan and speed is underappreciated in "who would win" fights.

D

Deleted member

Haven't really watched DB since a few years ago, didn't really liked it much. Cloud vs Link was really pushing it with the whole Mako cells make Cloud extremely vulnerable to the Master Sword.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I am so happy Steve is in the air again.
I mean come on, Smash Bros x Minecraft has been my dream since... Forever?
Both Minecraft and Smash Bros were two notable things I got seriously into during my teenage years...

I Never really gave any thought about Steve getting in Smash at that point, because Minecraft wasn't quite big then, and it wasn't on Nintendo systems at that time.

Once Minecraft hit the Wii U however, I caught wind, and realized Steve had a legitimate chance as a Smash character, and I've been shilling him ever since.

If Steve does get in, I'll likely go nuts, ponycorn Joker style.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Like, you look at how far DB dug for the Wolverine vs Raiden death battle to find out that the HF blade could cut adamantium but then you get **** like "18 has this power that she doesn't actually have"

Consistently Inconsistent

D

Deleted member

The argument of speed vs. strength in these nerd debates is one that ignores physics.

Force is mass x acceleration. This basic principle is why a bullet-- a harmless little piece of metal when stationary-- can **** you up when fired from a gun. Sonic's durability and sheer ludicrous speed would give him a tremendous amount of force for every strike that, IMO, Mario can't match.

I prefer Mario's games but this debate has never really been a debate in my mind. It's probably because I'm a Flash fan and speed is underappreciated in "who would win" fights.
If we're being honest, Flash (or anyone using the speedforce in DC) could probably beat almost every other character due to how bull**** his powers are. (Unless they go with **** like Identity? Crisis and write them to be morons)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I see there's a strong possibility that Steve will be the one announced at E3.

Dissapointing, to say the least. But hey, some people around here will be happy if it happens, so that's a silver lining.

D

Deleted member

HE DOES THAT ALL THE TIME
HE CHOPLING OFF HANDS LIKE HE DAVID BOWIE EVEN THOUGH IT SHOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM TO INTERACT WITH ANYTHING
THE BULLET PHASING WAS EVEME IMMEDIATELLY AFTER KILLING THE FORTUNE TELLER PLEASE ARAKI AT LEAST READ YOUR OWN MANGA
since we're talking about DB :
DzsTZ0tWoAYrvff.jpeg

But that's not really how speed is depicted in fiction which is why we shouldn't take real world logic into these debates(otherwise, 90% of characters are breaking the laws of physics with their powers).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Physics is lacking because some universes, such as Mario, are a master of using toon force. Mario can be flattened like a cartoon character and bring himself back up. Nothing can prove that Sonic would immediately tear a big gaping hole in Mario's stomach like Goku punching Piccolo, because the Mario universe uses cartoony aesthetics to exaggerate damage put on Mario. His body is like a big bag of rubber. It can stretch, smush, and above all else, take a beating.

It's not that real-life physics is underrated, it's that real-life physics cannot apply so easily.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Master0fHyrule is saying on twitter that things are pointing to Steve being revealed at E3.

To put it into perspective, last year he leaked the E3 floor plan, with things like Smash memorabilia (Duck Hunt cans, Bayonetta's guns, and the Monado), months in advance.
WAIT WHAT

Holy crud, is Blocky Boi really coming?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If we're being honest, Flash (or anyone using the speedforce in DC) could probably beat almost every other character due to how bull**** his powers are. (Unless they go with **** like Identity? Crisis and write them to be morons)
THANK YOU.

Zeke wins the thread. Y'all can try again tomorrow.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

And that right there is the problem. If you start taking real world physics into account, then you also have to account for characters that are clearly FTL not being FTL because nothing can actually move faster than light, it's physically impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom