• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If he heard Steve was going to be in, he would have said as much. Instead, he only said signs of Steve is a thing, which is no better than Verge saying he's heard Minecraft content is in. Too vague. It's 100%.
So how vague is it compared to his past E3 leaks?

MainJPW

M.T.A
lol sonic could easily beat mario and vice versa

it's either he's so fast he can't be hit or he gets one lucky punch and it's hedgehog for dinner

not once have i seen mario genuinely go faster than light, and only rarely do i see genuine feats of going anything beyond the sound barrier
Pfft, Mario’s like building level at base. He ain’t one-shotting Sonic.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Also extended universe material usually buffs the fan favorites to ridiculous levels.
Like, look at Luke Skywalker.

Star Wars EU: LITERAL FORCE DEMIGOD MESSIAH.
Star Wars Episode 8: Grumpy old man.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My bad, I mixed Fulgore up with Glacius. But my point is Glacius has super speed which DB said "Lol he's fighting a ninja doesn't matter"
The only time he’s ever demonstrated super speed was moving faster than ARIA could process with her computer brain. A feat that has not been replicated in any other scenario. Enough to be more of an outlier than anything else.

Plus, haven’t you heard of the term frozen circuits. Electronic just don’t function well in the cold.

Watch their podcast. They go much deeper into their reasoning there. They’re not incompetent and they’re not malicious. They’re just objective.

D

Deleted member

guys pack it up
Brave is Bandana Dee
Intern-Kun obviously has connections with the social media department

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Olimar is canonically the weakest fighter in Smash and I'm okay with that as it makes his top tier placement all the funnier

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Is there a chance that we could get both Banjo and steve ?
The only reason I'd be against this is because I'd celebrate so loudly my neighbors would complain to the board and get me kicked outta my home.

Might still be worth it. Switch is portable.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As for Death Battle, I have to admit, their calculations do not always reflect how strong, fast and durable characters are, especially since they are just fictional and perhaps cartoony. It doesn't help that they are prone to making mistakes. Considering how they think their analyses of things end all debates, at least up until they stopped using the "let's end this debate once and for all" thing, do you think the guys at Death Battle come of as arrogant on finding out who wins in battles and think they are always right?

ThatOneAnon

Smash Ace
So now there’s the issue of “who do you believe”
We have several different parties with conflicting information on Steve’s chances.
M0H has been wrong about certain stuff before it seems but he’s had E3 floor plan info in the past, so that gives him credibility
The thing is that everyone in the know all but gave up on Steve’s chances after PolarPanda and one of Minecraft’s devs seemingly deconfirmed him
I could talk about Vergeben but we’ll only know if Vergeben has DLC knowledge if Erdrick is confirmed.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only time he’s ever demonstrated super speed was moving faster than ARIA could process with her computer brain. A feat that has not been replicated in any other scenario. Enough to be more of an outlier than anything else.

Plus, haven’t you heard of the term frozen circuits. Electronic just don’t function well in the cold.

Watch their podcast. They go much deeper into their reasoning there. They’re not incompetent and they’re not malicious. They’re just objective.
Oh no, you seem to be somewhat mistaken, I'm not implying there's malice, just that sometimes favouritism does seem to show itself sometimes. From what I hear they skimmed a LOT of Blazblue lore about Ragna which would have been a major impact in his fight against Sol Badguy. There's also how Shadow only exists to hold an L

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok but the next Kirby game that would release after that DB episode literally says Kirby has infinite power
I haven't seen one instance where what lore says isn't hyperbole.

Like come on, how many times have you heard "the power of a thousand suns" or "limitless potential" or "strongest in the universe."

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't think that's how it works. It's either canon or not canon.
It's more complicated with longstanding series of repetitively derivative games.

The Archie comics have to be a separate Sonic from in-game Sonic because in-game Sonic isn't from Mobius. He's from Earth.

That said, so many of the Sonic and Mario games contradict each other in their timelines and lore because no one making these games actually cares about a "lore". Eggman stole the Chaos Emeralds again. Bowser stole Peach again. Rinse and repeat.

In a fight between mascots-- essentially settling a debate thirty years in the making-- I'd argue that trying to limit them to "canon" as though they were story-heavy characters with arcs isn't a good comparison. I would further argue that if we're trying to stick strictly to canon and only canon, the spinoff games shouldn't count either. Only mainline titles. No party game blackhole outrunning bull**** to try and say Mario is anywhere near as fast as Sonic.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I haven't seen one instance where what lore says isn't hyperbole.

Like come on, how many times have you heard "the power of a thousand suns" or "limitless potential" or "strongest in the universe."
Somewhere in here is a Goku joke.

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: "We proudly announce that Fighter Pack 2 is Erdrick and Fighter Pack 3 is.... Dante from the Devil May Cry series!"
ThatOneAnon: "This is cool because it isn't Steve!"
Sakurai: "Also Fighter Pack 4 will be Minecraft Steve!"
ThatOneAnon: "This is cool because he specifically isn't the third one!"
I would be really happy if the next three characters were Erdrick, Dante and Steve.
Because I like Minecraft and Dante is cool.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Olimar is canonically the weakest fighter in Smash and I'm okay with that as it makes his top tier placement all the funnier
On the other hand, you have a literal goddess a top tier.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh no, you seem to be somewhat mistaken, I'm not implying there's malice, just that sometimes favouritism does seem to show itself sometimes. From what I hear they skimmed a LOT of Blazblue lore about Ragna which would have been a major impact in his fight against Sol Badguy. There's also how Shadow only exists to hold an L
They mistakenly gave that fight to a new writer because they thought it would be simple sense it’s a fighting game. A writer who has refused to go near either franchise sense then. Plus that fight was in season 2, which was almost 4 years ago.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
No party game blackhole outrunning bull**** to try and say Mario is anywhere near as fast as Sonic.
He isn't nowhere near Sonic's speed, but Sonic is nowhere near Mario's strength and durability unless you give that boy a Super Sonic, but even then with enough power or force or just be knuckles in sonic 3 and give him a jumpscare lmao you can knock that dude out of his form.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They mistakenly gave that fight to a new writer who has refused to go near either franchise sense then. Plus that fight was in season 2, which was almost 4 years ago.
Goddamn what the actual ****? That's hilariously dumb lmao

Also, for the record, I want Ben to win but I feel like they're going to underplay him.

Now come on DB you cowards add a Kamen Rider like Kuuga

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It's more complicated with longstanding series of repetitively derivative games.

The Archie comics have to be a separate Sonic from in-game Sonic because in-game Sonic isn't from Mobius. He's from Earth.

That said, so many of the Sonic and Mario games contradict each other in their timelines and lore because no one making these games actually cares about a "lore". Eggman stole the Chaos Emeralds again. Bowser stole Peach again. Rinse and repeat.

In a fight between mascots-- essentially settling a debate thirty years in the making-- I'd argue that trying to limit them to "canon" as though they were story-heavy characters with arcs isn't a good comparison. I would further argue that if we're trying to stick strictly to canon and only canon, the spinoff games shouldn't count either. Only mainline titles. No party game blackhole outrunning bull**** to try and say Mario is anywhere near as fast as Sonic.
I mean, in fairness, they also cited Mario being able to pilot a lightspeed star from the M&L games as reasoning for him being able to at least react to Sonic and keep up with him. They also made a point of saying Sonic is definitely faster, but that it wasn't such an overbearing advantage.

Personally, I think Mario beats Sonic, but I don't really care much either way.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Goddamn what the actual ****? That's hilariously dumb lmao

Also, for the record, I want Ben to win but I feel like they're going to underplay him.

Now come on DB you cowards add a Kamen Rider like Kuuga
If they underplay him I will be right there with you in protest. But I have never truly felt that they’ve done that. Even when I really disagree with a result (like the Mario v Sonic rematch) I still at least understand and buy their reasoning.

D

Deleted member

Reminder Isabelle is canonically the most powerful Smash Bros. character and that's non-debatable

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Anyway here's pasta boy.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Damn mate. I knew you had bad opinions but you didn't need to confirm it for me.
Like... I am comparing Xeno1, Torna, Xeno 2 and Persona 5 in this situation.
Out of that list, Xeno 2 is the least amazing.

That doesn't mean I think Xeno2's music is bad.

Also:
I knew you had bad opinions
I don't do opinions, I do facts

D

Deleted member

Anyways Doctor Fate would totally whoop Strange's ass don't @ me

Also, Mario Maker stuff
This game is looking like everything people were asking for. Only thing I can really gripe about are the limited powerups and 3D World Mario having no 3d style moveset, but that's understandable.
Everything else is looking amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom