• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh I believe there's another misunderstanding. My bet wasn't if Steve got in before Banjo. My bet was that Banjo's not making it in
No yeah. I get it. The intent was that I'm probably about to have my ass handed to me.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I mean he also said this
and look no Geno :drsad:
>chance
>grain of salt
He was unsure, not actually claiming Geno to be in. His actual leaks and claims about E3, what we’re talking about for Steve, were real.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I mean he also said this
and look no Geno :drsad:
Yeah. His info about E3 was really accurate but the other rumors don't seem to hold any water at the moment. He did say to take it with a grain of salt though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If Steve gets in, I won't treat him any differently than other big fan-requested characters like K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, Villager or Incineroar.

Because I don't play any of those either.
Did you just call Incineroar a big request lol

He was the exact opposite

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Steve would still be a waste of a slot, imo. I'd rather take another Fire Emblem clone.
I know you're saying this for the sake of hyperbole, but I'd legitimately love more FE clones.

Just give us a FE fighting game, Nintendo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So I just one of those scam redirects...

On the desktop site.

I'm not joking, I took a pic and everything.

D

Deleted member

>chance
>grain of salt
He was unsure, not actually claiming Geno to be in. His actual leaks and claims about E3, what we’re talking about for Steve, were real.
What's his track record for E3? My point was that this person could always get wrong info despite his track record or not.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'd never forgive Steve Minecraft for ****ing my wife, like sure, pissing on the moon? Everyone does that one day or another, but ****ing my wife with his block ****? That's it man.

The moment he get in the game, that ***** ass ************ is going down.
oie_2475623PdxTz46m.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I know you're saying this for the sake of hyperbole, but I'd legitimately love more FE clones.

FE. Fighting. Clones.

Aren't you just asking for FE Warriors 2?

Also something something Celica for Smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Yeah but when Smash 6 comes around all of the anti-anime squad goes "F-Fire Emblem?! Keep those rejects to their own fighting game!" or something.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've said it a million times, but I really don't give a **** whether it's Steve or Banjo or a Battletoad or whoever the ****. I'm sure they'd all be fine, and I really only dread the ****posting that'll arise.

I've been pushing for Banjo recently because then totsBS would've come back, but I guess not :(

Roberk

Smash Champion
What's his track record for E3? My point was that this person could always get wrong info despite his track record or not.
He leaked an actual image of Battlefield weeks before E3 and described some characters’ signature items (Bayonetta’s shoes, Shulk’s Monado, etc) being shown off at the show floor and sure enough, they were.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
He apparently leaked past E3 plans.

Especially last years with a Battlefield image leak and stating items which hinted at some characters returning.
Here's the thing though.

Getting something right about E3 2018 does not automatically beget correctness on 2019. Something to consider is that previously he clearly had a very specific insider source because he'd somehow gotten a hold of E3 floor plans. This tweet makes a point to say "sources" in a vaguer sense.

I'm not saying he's wrong or right. I'm saying that one can ride one's reputation to seem legitimate, but getting something right doesn't confirm future leaks are also right.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sure, but I mean...

Why?
Because it’s boring. Has no goal. Has an ugly art style. And is to limiting to actually be creative in.
A game like that?

Hate that intense?

Fam. this ain't it. It isn't that serious and maybe you need to step away from anything that makes you feel so intensely that's fictional.
I didn’t till I came here and....

I don’t have the energy for this. I don’t like Minecraft. Never did. Can’t understand why people do no matter how much it’s explained to me.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
SPONGEBOB IS 20 TODAY
And still working in fast food.

Truly, a reflection of our generation.

On the desktop site.

Clear every last scrap of your internet history.

That **** hides in your cache sometimes.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

On the desktop site.

Post what you found in Forum Support and the admins will correct it.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I don't know if I particularly want Steve in Smash, but on the other hand

*ahem*

PARTY BLOCKERS IN THE HOUSE TONIGGGHHHHHT

D

Deleted member

For the record, here is his specific tweet.

I'm sweating in account deletion, y'all
So Steve’s coming huh?
Looks like I’m gonna need a redemption ark again

Sorry Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for hating steve a lot last month

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I say "slots" out of lack of a better term (that said there ARE limited slots for DLC so your point is moot.) I hate Minecraft with a burning passion. To keep he'd be nothing but a waste, and nothing he can do is unique to him.
I can't believe I'm actually gonna defend Steve in this scenario...

Look, Steve is my least wanted character for Smash period. However, I actually enjoy Minecraft quite a bit and wouldn't mind it getting representation.

As long as said representation is not Steve being playable.

However, to say that he wouldn't be unique is... kinda wrong. This is Sakurai we're talking about, he'll find a way to make each and every character unique, including a blocky boi like Steve. Plus there's a decent number of ways you can build his moveset.

So while I would prefer another FE rep (if my sig didn't make that obvious enough), I wouldn't agree that the slot would be wasted on Steve, despite how much I don't want him in.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Here's the thing though.

Getting something right about E3 2018 does not automatically beget correctness on 2019. Something to consider is that previously he clearly had a very specific insider source because he'd somehow gotten a hold of E3 floor plans. This tweet makes a point to say "sources" in a vaguer sense.

I'm not saying he's wrong or right. I'm saying that one can ride one's reputation to seem legitimate, but getting something right doesn't confirm future leaks are also right.
1. I actually messed up my original post. While he did get a Battlefield image right, his only other claim was that :ultbayonetta:, :ultduckhunt:, and :ultshulk: were back. Turns out another user leaked the items.

2. I prefer to take anything with a grain of salt. Especially after not one notable "leaker" correctly guessed :ultpiranha: and:ultjoker:.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has an ugly art style. And is to limiting to actually be creative in.
the art style doesn't mean anything when the stage builder blocks are equally ugly

And what do you mean "too limiting"? The whole idea of Minecraft is creativity

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man, some of ya'll really hate Steve lol.

It kinda reminds me of the Incineroar hate.
So basically you're saying after Steve is revealed, everyone will automatically love him and pretend like they never hated him? :mybodyisreggie:

D

Deleted member

Can't believe my coworker Steve who stole my coffee 8 months ago is getting added to Smash.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Meh. I'll keep hoping that E3 will pull the rug out from under us. Steve doesn't interest me whatsoever. And it's more fun being on side that wins after no one thought they'd win. :114:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom