• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Someone knock me out so I can sleep for a bit then blame my job and get worker's comp.

'Kay thanks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Throwback to when I did this in celebration of the last Mafia game in the social groups

I'd do something for Endgame but it has, like, only half of the faces to plaster avatars on top of.
**** I got really nostalgic seeing that. It was only a year ago but that experience was memorable and there was so many people back then.

Not to mention it happened around the same time Infinity War happened and the craze about that movie.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Not gonna lie.

Having to sleep when some of y'all are around to talk to sucks, even if I'm not always sure how to strike up a conversation.

Also clearly I can't be trusted with a phone in bed.

Anyway round two snooze boogaloo.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
atlus is pushing the grappling hooks so hard in royal that they just straight up appear in the logo animation

And yet there are still people who refuse to even entertain the POSSIBILITY that Kasumi is coming.

I'm part of a Smash Discord server where there are a few guys who refuse to believe any of the evidence I give them. They think vaanrose's posts are just talking about junk data that was scrapped, and is just "classic Smashboards overspeculation".

Obviously I'm not gonna sit here and say "she's confirmed, just accept it", but it's annoying when people turn away from the evidence and refuse to even consider the possibility.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Chrom was the odd one out to me(at first). Had nothing to do with Roy beyond being part of FE. But then it hit me; Roy is basically something of a cross between Ike and Marth overall. Chrom was noted as "being too similar to Marth and Ike". It could just be a meta joke. A lot did expect him on Ike, but it didn't much matter because we still got a variation of Aether, making Chrom a well-thought out and fun Echo.

That said, I do wish Daisy had a few more differences. I already found out(some time back) the damage on her Vegetables can be different from Peach's, which is a typical change we've seen(where it barely affects gameplay). So at least that's nice. Now if only Dark Pit and Daisy do just a bit more. A different weapon among their moves. A few differences in their hitboxes for certain attacks, etc(Daisy having slightly different hurtboxes doesn't mean much. It's not really a tangible or noticeable thing much of the time, whereas Chrom and Lucina not having a sweetspot is a bit more useful in battle, and it seems like they're currently doing better than their counterparts among competitive play due to that. Even if it doesn't stay the case, the lack of the mechanic does appear to have a reasonable effect on the metagame. I hope more Echoes continue to have that much going for them).

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Talking about Kasumi though.
i mean it more in regards to how sakurai was most likely given the royal to draw from instead of just base P5

it seems pretty clear from all the jane stuff that kasumi was, at the very least, in the works at one point in time, so god only knows where/if anywhere that'll lead

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
There are moments I wonder if this is Kasumi-boards and those not interested in her can't have a meaningfull conversation here.

Then I Read back my own posts and reevaluate the definition of "meaningfull"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Screen Shot 04-30-19 at 11.20 PM.PNG

I̸̱̞͋͝ ̵̢̖̫̺̘̿͒̒̀̔̂̎́͛͐͘Ã̵̛͔̊̆̂̏̍̀̀͝M̸̧̡̘͚̭̹̻̭̖̥̦̗̽̆̿̄̋͒́̌͊͌̌̄̔̎̕͜͜ͅ ̸̨͈̗̳͌I̴͕̞͔͇̱̺͎̦̤̘͛͒͜ͅN̷̠͙͕̮̖̯͛̆̑̐́̈́̌̈́͆͠Ę̶̛̦̼͕̬̘̣̤̜̟̹̜̬̂̇͛̽̈̿̎͑̿́̎͝ͅV̴̧̥͙͎̩̳̻̫̫͌͠I̷̢̡͔͓͙̤̬̫̤̯̓̓̔̽̎̍͑̔̓Ṫ̷̺̹̬̞͈̅͑̏̇̋̀͂͆̓̾̕̕͜ͅÃ̵͉̟͍̩̻͐͂B̵̻̫̫̫͎̪͐̀̿͐͗͘ͅL̷͕̬̞̘̲̘͕͕̪͓͉̲͕͊̔̀̐͋̃͆͋̚͝͠E̸̯̺̟̘̎͗̽̓̓̚͝!̶̛͉͒́̇͑͋̀̇̑̑͂͝!̶̧͉̘̥͔̘̗̍͜!̸̨̨̢̭̘̙̱̫͇̝̗̺͐̑̆̓̿̿̿͒̏̕͝!̴̢̹̺̬̖̀̎̈́̒̅́̔͋̽̈́̀̄

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
View attachment 214171
I̸̱̞͋͝ ̵̢̖̫̺̘̿͒̒̀̔̂̎́͛͐͘Ã̵̛͔̊̆̂̏̍̀̀͝M̸̧̡̘͚̭̹̻̭̖̥̦̗̽̆̿̄̋͒́̌͊͌̌̄̔̎̕͜͜ͅ ̸̨͈̗̳͌I̴͕̞͔͇̱̺͎̦̤̘͛͒͜ͅN̷̠͙͕̮̖̯͛̆̑̐́̈́̌̈́͆͠Ę̶̛̦̼͕̬̘̣̤̜̟̹̜̬̂̇͛̽̈̿̎͑̿́̎͝ͅV̴̧̥͙͎̩̳̻̫̫͌͠I̷̢̡͔͓͙̤̬̫̤̯̓̓̔̽̎̍͑̔̓Ṫ̷̺̹̬̞͈̅͑̏̇̋̀͂͆̓̾̕̕͜ͅÃ̵͉̟͍̩̻͐͂B̵̻̫̫̫͎̪͐̀̿͐͗͘ͅL̷͕̬̞̘̲̘͕͕̪͓͉̲͕͊̔̀̐͋̃͆͋̚͝͠E̸̯̺̟̘̎͗̽̓̓̚͝!̶̛͉͒́̇͑͋̀̇̑̑͂͝!̶̧͉̘̥͔̘̗̍͜!̸̨̨̢̭̘̙̱̫͇̝̗̺͐̑̆̓̿̿̿͒̏̕͝!̴̢̹̺̬̖̀̎̈́̒̅́̔͋̽̈́̀̄
put that in spoiler tabs

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
put that in spoiler tabs
Does it really spoil much if there is a total different context for it? Just want to be sure since someone said that line before without problems.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
View attachment 214171
How will Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku counter likes of this magnitude?

Or will you emerge victorious?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
VoiD made a tier list. No Miis though so RIP.
image.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How will Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku counter likes of this magnitude?

Or will you emerge victorious?
They have a Corrin avi.

Obviously, it's the power of the waifu's, husbando's and bad writting who are going to save them from me. :V

...for now.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
View attachment 214171
I used to care so much about likes when I was younger but they took out the full scoreboard. Shame.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just realized that I have 7000 messages. Well, 7001 now that i’m posting this.

Wew lad. 7000 posts...but if we combine all the essays, how long would it take to read them all?

The world may never know.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Looking forward to the beginning of May tomorrow. No games I look forward too but otherwise in terms of movies I got three I'm really anticipated for.

Ad Astra, Brightburn and of course Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Man 5 years I've been waiting and just a month away until finally seeing the most anticipated film this year I've been looking forward too! :grin:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
And yet there are still people who refuse to even entertain the POSSIBILITY that Kasumi is coming.

I'm part of a Smash Discord server where there are a few guys who refuse to believe any of the evidence I give them. They think vaanrose's posts are just talking about junk data that was scrapped, and is just "classic Smashboards overspeculation".

Obviously I'm not gonna sit here and say "she's confirmed, just accept it", but it's annoying when people turn away from the evidence and refuse to even consider the possibility.
my thoughts on it at this point are that she was never meant to be a skin at all: her two 'slots' were the team's way of working on both her meshes--thief and uniform--using joker himself as a base, similar to the development of melee doc and smash 4 dark pit/lucina, with them fully intending to break her off as an echo near the end so that they can work out the differences

reason that i don't buy that she was ever just a skin is because unless there were some catastrophic marketing delays behind the scenes with atlus and the royal, (and they've been carefully playing out royal's reveal since december, the same time joker's development in smash started, so that seems unlikely), joker+kasumi would've been coming out either just before or immediately following the royal's reveal - 6 months from the game's launch, and before kasumi's persona has even been revealed

there's roy-style adding a character before their game is out, and then there's adding a character 6 months before they're relevant

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OMG THE SEAL OF ORICHALCAMALOOOOOSSS

I find it ironic and hilarious that @Swamp Sensei got assigned to Thanos :laugh:
That's because he was not just the host of that game, but the reason the group even existed in the first place, so I felt there was no better fit to represent the Big Bad who's the reason most of the MCU even happened.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom